Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > General Chapter Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2004, 09:13 PM
Post Fiend

Beast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant future
Member Invites

Is there a way that I can find members that live in my province and sent them an invite to join the local Chapter? Or do/should I send them an email telling them how to join? Thanks.

-Matt
Old 05-24-2004, 09:59 PM
New User

Mil1ion is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not that I know of,except if they have an active user gallery.
Then you could check by province.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:53 AM
Post Fiend

Beast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant futureBeast12 has a brilliant future
Well, I know that I can do a member search. Then go to advanced and type in ON for state and Canada for country. Then I guess I can scroll through the names. Oh well....that's why I get paid the big bucks!

-Matt
Old 05-31-2004, 12:05 AM
Post Fiend

Well, I did a little test: I went to Member List then I did a search for ALL members from Ontario Canada that have posted here in the last month. I sent each of them an email! (Or at least the ones that appeared to be "active") After sending out about 25-30 emails I was finished. Most of the people have responded back and have sent in a request to join the Chapter. Just a thought to some of you chapter leaders looking for ways to recruit more people.

-Matt

P.S. You can only send one email per minute.....kind of a pain in the butt but gave me time to surf around while waiting.....
Old 05-31-2004, 12:10 AM
Post Fiend

fordborn has a great reputation on FTE.fordborn has a great reputation on FTE.fordborn has a great reputation on FTE.fordborn has a great reputation on FTE.
Well someone already told you a way to search so I was slow. That's the same way I got ot the members in my state also. Sent out about 45 emails and probably had 15 responces so far. Good luck and keep plugging away.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:21 PM
NotSoGrouchyOleFTE'er

Fordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to behold
Wow.. I finally figured out about the advanced search and found 14 pages of people from Montana. Not everyone has a lot of posts, if any, but there's enough people there to have just a Montana Chapter if even 1/3 of the ones who post here at all were to reply. So..if I were to do advanced searches on the other states in the drifters and got 1/3 of each from them, we could be one heck of a large chapter. Ufdah! Some thought is going to have to go into this. People from Iowa already want their own chapter. Well...guess it's time to dangle the proverbial carrot in front of peoples noses and see what happens.

If I email everyone, I have a job cut out for me. ( Gonna have to ask for a raise already! )

Dick
'99 NASCAR Edition F-150-4X4
John 3:16
Old 05-31-2004, 10:28 PM
Post Fiend

fordborn has a great reputation on FTE.fordborn has a great reputation on FTE.fordborn has a great reputation on FTE.fordborn has a great reputation on FTE.
Yep you have your work cut out for you. Plus remember that the site will allow you to only send 1 email every 60 seconds so figure that by how many members you will be emailing.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:58 PM
NotSoGrouchyOleFTE'er

Fordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to behold
For some reason, I keep thinking that somewhere it was mentioned that the admin were going to make invites easier, by doing something for us with the member list. It would be nice to be able to just click on "send everyone from Montana an email" and spam one large message with one touch of da button. Or make it so you could do a search for certain members, then when that group was found, click a button and email everyone in that search that has the email option checked.

hint hint hint..... note the toothy grin.... hint hint hint

Dick
Old 05-31-2004, 11:19 PM
Post Fiend

I like your HINT but wouldn't want to bring any attention to it.
Old 05-31-2004, 11:41 PM
New User

Mil1ion is starting off with a positive reputation.
We can't even do that.

Everyone or 1 at a time
Old 06-01-2004, 12:00 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mil1ion
We can't even do that.

Everyone or 1 at a time
Want to borrow the HINT?
Old 06-01-2004, 12:58 AM
NotSoGrouchyOleFTE'er

Hmmm, whut I hearded musta been one o dem fillaments o me magination den. In dat case...grrrr...and boo hoo.
)not necessarily in dat oder eeder(

Dick
Old 06-01-2004, 12:58 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > General Chapter Discussion