Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy
View Poll Results: Chaoter membership requirements
YES - number of posts and longevity is important.
53.33%
NO - number of posts and longevity isn't important.
26.67%
Whatever chapter leaders decide is fine with me.
20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Membership Eligibility-Poll

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 06:25 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Membership Eligibility-Poll

Ok guys... I know summer is coming on rapidly and people are using the forum less often than in the colder months, but I am working with the other chapter leaders on some policies, etc, so all the chapters can be consistent and fair to all members and applicants.

So ... with that said .... my first question to all of you is.............
Should there be a minimum number of posts and/or a required amount of time being an active member of FTE forums?

We could have instant memberships and have a lot of members, but my reasoning for asking this is that there are a lot of people from each state who have signed up with FTE, but haven't posted or even visited since day one. Do we want active members or do we want to just look good with the number of members?

Whatever is decided here, I will pass on to the other chapter leaders as we discuss different topics. And yeah.... I misspelled CHAPTER on the poll. My fingers have lisdexia.

Last edited by Fordlover1951; 05-24-2004 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:53 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, at first I thought it wouldn't really matter, but if they want to be a member, they should at least participate, otherwise, why join? It's kind of like a test drive, they can post and check it out, keep coming back, and if they like it, then they can go ahead and join, but if they aren't going to be a participant in the forums at all, then why bother joining?

Old 05-25-2004, 04:04 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

I'm going to abstain from voting until the end of the 30 day time limit on this poll draws near. If there's a tie, then I'll put in my two bits worth. The other chapter leaders are all, so far, looking for some continuity to the membership guidelines, so we shall see what happens.

I'd also appreciate a written response along with your votes. Food for thought, ya know?

Old 05-25-2004, 07:11 PM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 332 Likes on 256 Posts
OK, I already voted.......but since you're twisting my arm, here's my reason....

I think too many guys join FTE for immediate info who have the potential to become solid participants. Then they try to get info to/from other members via email only to find their email priviledges are off until they get X number of posts. Without statistics to back my position up, I'd wager there has to be a bunch that drift away never to return out of frustration.

If someone is a member make them a full member - if they screw up too bad, bounce 'em - you all have the power to do that, right? Open the doors and give away keys I say. Responsibility is built by trust. Lack of trust leads to lack of responsibility.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled program............

Old 05-25-2004, 08:37 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Good points Tim.

As for bouncing someone, I'm not sure what "powers" we will have. Your points are well taken and hopefully everyone will read the thread first before voting...thereby giving them more food for thought.
Thanks!

Old 05-25-2004, 10:02 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
if this is set up like another forum, you will be able to remove and "suspend" memberships, at your will.

Old 05-26-2004, 09:48 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

yeah..I also moderate a forum..or "group" on Yahoo. I have since '99. I hope these groups are set up similar. Yahoo has a great format that is easy to work with and has a photo gallery where we are limited to a certain size, so members may post "x" amount of pics..add or remove them at will and still leave room for newbies to add photos. Plus, the moderator can add others to moderate or assist if needed. It may be a good idea for FTE admin to check out Yahoo Groups as they design ours.

Old 05-26-2004, 10:00 AM
King Triton
Postmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I for one would like to see more participation for the Michigan chapter,we cant even get enough guys to vote!You guys in Kansas are lucky,alot of good people and alot of participation.Seems like it would be a good idea to have a min number of posts within an allotted amount of time.Afterall,whats the sense in joining if you are not going to participate.

Old 05-26-2004, 04:22 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Well, the way the poll is going, it looks like longevity and posts may definitely be a factor. And I haven't even voted yet. The whole purpose of this poll is to give me a general idea of what to pass on to the other chapter leaders so we can have consistency between the chapters.

Leaders and members from other chapters may also vote on this poll. It's going to run for 30 days from when it was started.

Old 05-26-2004, 07:01 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by King Triton
I for one would like to see more participation for the Michigan chapter,we cant even get enough guys to vote!You guys in Kansas are lucky,alot of good people and alot of participation.Seems like it would be a good idea to have a min number of posts within an allotted amount of time.Afterall,whats the sense in joining if you are not going to participate.

Kansas sucks....

Old 05-26-2004, 08:13 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Talking

Originally Posted by Mattsbox99
Kansas sucks....
I caught it before I went out to dinner... but I knew you'd see the Kansas part.

Old 05-26-2004, 08:25 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
hey whats your phone number?

Old 05-26-2004, 10:24 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Talking

hey whats your phone number?
I just emailed you twice.

Old 05-27-2004, 01:48 PM
68torino
Posting Guru
So as I understand it, if someone wants to be a member, reads posts but doesn't post anything or too little they get canned. So unless I post X number of times a week\month\year I can't be in your 'club'. Hmmmph!

IMHO this is tacky, I 'look' in here from time to time to see if there is anything going on such as, has a desicion been made on hats, jackets, shirts, logo. Not much and yes I vote and comment. I put in for South Dakota Group leader got shot down. Now I have to post more often or risk being 'thrown off' the High Plains Drifter's membership.
So I'll go on checking new posts and helping people with their problems and not bother stopping here. At least the people I help don't put a requirment of number of posts I do before I can help them.

Last edited by 68torino; 05-27-2004 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:39 PM
Peties3
Posting Guru
Kansas sucks....

OK, I get it now!!!

Hi guys!!!

Mark

Quick Reply: Membership Eligibility-Poll