Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:
View Poll Results: Shelby Meet
Yes, I'll be there on Sat.
80.00%
Nope, sorry fella's, cannot make it
20.00%
Would like to meet with everybody, but ___day would be better for me. (fill in blank in post)
0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Phantom Meet

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 10:06 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phantom Meet

Okay, since we have all been talking about getting together for so long, but never do, I am going to propose a date for us all to get together at the Ford and Shelby Power MidAmerica meet on saturday June 12th at the drag strip here in Tulsa (email for directions). This is a great meet if you have never been, beautiful show cars, and many of them that get taken down the track too. I have already requested off for this day, and I will certainly be there (probably even be racing the Lightning), and I would love to meet everybody so we can finally see who we've been talking too all this time. Also, in case anybody else is interested, the meet is also at Hallet Motor Speedway on the 10th and 11th, and there will also be the big car show on the sunday at the Marriot in Tulsa. There will be car show's everyday of the meet, but the big one is on the sunday. Also, there is a big swap meet everyday of the meet too.

Anyways, I would like to see everyone come.

Stan

P.S. Vote if yes if you care to meet on that sat.

Old 05-19-2004, 07:32 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Barring any unforseen appointments, I'll be there! I attended a couple years back, with my father-in-law. Awesome races! I didn't see any other fellow FTE'rs that day. There were some awesome Ford Lightnings in attendance! I especially remember a white early model one with no tailgate that just whooped up on the competition! He had sooo much power in that thing that it got pretty squirely on him halfway down the track on one of his runs, but he got it back in line. I'll definitely be there whether we have an official FTE meet or not. Did you know that they are also adding a road track to that land next to the drag strip? Check out their website for details. I posted their link in the "Useful Weblinks for Oklahoma" thread.

Old 05-19-2004, 09:23 AM
NoMo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll have to check with my "scheduler" (aka wife) to see what is going on that weekend. But, if possible, we'll be there.

Can/should tickets be purchased in advance?

Old 05-19-2004, 01:52 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Ya Cigar, I know which Lightning you are talking about, and he was really fast (Generation 1 Lightning right?), well, let me tell you, you haven't seen a fast Lightning until you see the black Gen. 1 that has came out the last 2 years, I want to say he was running about a 9.7@somewhere around 160+ (cannot remember exactly, but he was FAST). I'm sure he'll be back out there this year. Ya, the raceway is going to be GREAT when they get it finished, did you know that they are going to build an over-the-track tower? Unfortionatly, this wont be done in time for the Shelby meet Yes, the road course is supposed to be nice too, I believe that it is supposed to be just north of the strip in the field (right behind the pits), and could possibly go all the way to 36th. Street North.

NoMo: Tickets are purchased at the gate, I don't beileve that you can purchase them in advance.

If we can get the whole chapter to come (and perhaps even the Ark., Mo., and Kansas chapters) and get a big group, I'll call up the guy that runs it and see if we can get a group discount. I want to say that it last year it was $10-15 to watch, and $40 bucks to race (guarenteed atleast 4 runs I think). I would love for you guys to race with me. Keep in mind, it is bracket racing, so EVERY car has a chance at winning, doesn't matter how fast/slow the vehicle is. In fact, I was going to race the 'ol Ranger (4 banger, hehe) this year, but my brother got shipped to Korea and had to bring all his stuff down here to leave at the house (including the Lightning), so I figure I'll just take the Lightning out there.

What do you guys think, should we invite the other chapters around us?? Maybe we can all get together later that night for a cruise to one of the local restraunts?? Let me know guys, I'm looking forward to meeting everybody.

Stan

Old 05-22-2004, 08:22 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Anybody else??

Old 05-30-2004, 11:41 PM
RagingRedneck
Freshman User
I will be there assuming I get the new engine in the Bronc. Blew up the tired ol 351M and am currently dropping a 460 in it. Just gotta wait until after Memorial day to get the rest of my parts (headers, rear sump pan, etc.) ... If I get er back together I'll be there. Even if I haven't been around talking about getting together with yall forever .

Old 05-31-2004, 11:58 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Hey, just come on along, doesn't matter what you drive, you just cannot race anything but Ford (Ford power, Merc... Lincoln... etc...)

Welcome to the site...

Stan

Old 06-02-2004, 10:57 AM
RagingRedneck
Freshman User
Yeah but I'd hate to come down there and meet up with the guys from the "Ford" forum at a "Ford" meet driving my wife's Pontiac hahaha

Old 06-05-2004, 05:38 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Hehe, well, don't worry, most of us won't laugh when you are around (we'll wait 'til ur gone).

Old 06-05-2004, 08:25 PM
RagingRedneck
Freshman User
Angry

Hahaha thats good of you ... Well, I won't have the engine in but I'm still gonna show I think. Got the rear sump pan today to find out that the pickup isn't going to work ughhhh

Old 06-08-2004, 10:20 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Okay everybody, so how are we going to meet up? Would anybody be interested in meeting somewhere for breakfast, then head to the strip??

Old 06-09-2004, 11:44 PM
RagingRedneck
Freshman User
Talking

That works for me. I'm still scrambling trying to get this dang engine in the truck. I think I just may make it!!!! (crossing fingers). Got all the parts and it is all together. Everything goes right and I will have her stabbed in and running tomorrow. Gonna be a long day.

Old 06-10-2004, 01:18 PM
NoMo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry, I'm going to be a "no-show". Have to work.

Old 06-10-2004, 09:40 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Oh man, well, we'll send you some pictures NoMo. Sorry to hear that.

Everyone else still planning on coming? Cigar?? I think that Mark is working the weekend shift still, although I haven't heard from him in quite awhile.

So far, I believe for sure that RagingRedneck and I will deffinatly be there. Cigar, can you confirm that you will be there??

Hope to see everybody.

How about we meet at the new 2005 Mustang that is supposed to be out there at say... 1:00 PM? Since it seems that meeting for breakfast is out of the question. Let me know guy's.

Stan

Old 06-10-2004, 10:30 PM
BadRacer
Junior User
I'll be there!!!! But I'll be driving the clean Red 89 Firebird, should have some good weather to take the t-tops off. I know I know its not a Ford but I kinda wiped out every bearing in the POS Mazda tranny.....so she's getting her rest while I gather the money for the rebuild kit....still have to call Lester's gear and see how much there charging.

For tho's who are going to make it out there Sat......where will ya'll be? Id like to put some face's with the name's or if someone spot's me flag me down.....i'll be the only 89 Firebrid with a paper tag in the window LOL. Should have fun out there...great way to spend my 20th b-day......see ya'll there!!!!!

Quick Reply: Phantom Meet