2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Springs? And Up date on New F-150

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 07:10 PM
hats2wt
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up More Springs? And Up date on New F-150

Well hello again everyone, been a bit busy with the spring in Wisconsin and all but thought I should take the time to let everyone that helped me decide to buy this new F-150 know how happy I am with it and to say Thanks!
Well ok: 1st pulling my 4000 lbs work trailor not any problem at all except the trailor won't corner as fast as the truck. LOL!
2nd so all know we are talking about an XL 2wd and reg. cab with heavy payload package 5.4 3v and 4.10 ls rearend.

So the truck: Well alot of the things I read here I also got a little of. Yea when you hit the really bad roads you get some frount wheel hop d hop. I can live with it. Windshield? Well theres a spot but you really need to look for it and it has to be really clean.
Rearend don't know quite yet some times I think there is a slip/shutter thing with the trailor and just starting out, but the LS is working in the barn yards just fine, except this truck has so much power that you really need to be careful on gravel as it will peel the rubber off the tires if you pulling something. Now for the heavy stuff we need more springs! Really Air Lift where are you guys!!!! 1000 lbs hitch weight it don't like 3500 pounds of seed? In the box not a problem. But air bags would sure help with leveling thing. Does anyone know if they are out yet?
Well thats it for now with 3000+miles first oil change and no real problems.
O befor I forget pulled a 6000+ pound load. "farm machine" Folks I tell you well you'll find out.