Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2004, 08:33 PM
Freshman User

fordman_in_nv is starting off with a positive reputation.
03 cobra blower on a lightning?

Ok the reason I want to know if the 03 cobra eaton would bolt onto the lower intake of a lightning is I just bought a 2000 gt and want to swap in a 5.4 sohc. if it would then I could bolt on the kenne bell upgrade onto the lightning lower and probibly clear the 2k cobra r hood. that would be one bad a$$ gt.I know its not a question entirely about lightnings but the idea just dawned on me and if any one new I figured it would be you guys. any info would be great. thanks
Old 05-12-2004, 09:18 AM
Freshman User

skylinegtr is starting off with a positive reputation.
it is possible to do so

i thought of the idea of taking my 5.4 l motor and putting it is my t-bird sc. but it is so much work and changes the waight distrubution on the car.

for you i think it might be alot better just to use the cobra drivetrain/parts on the 4.6L as it seems that alot of the cobra guys are putting down even better #'s make sure to get those forged rods and cobra internals if you add a sc.

91' Supercoupe 2 many mods to list
Old 06-08-2004, 03:12 PM
New User

Ole Blue is starting off with a positive reputation.
* i just read you whole post * There is a project car I saw not too long ago that did this and they said it was pretty dang nasty. Power to weight ratio was pretty good.

Last edited by Ole Blue; 06-08-2004 at 03:16 PM.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:12 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150

Tags
03, cobra, davidson, harley, hood, truck