Sponsored by:

Remote rear window...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 06:37 AM
mtm1972
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote rear window...

Has anybody tackled the project of using the aux button on a remote door lock transmitter (or something similar) to lower the tailgate window?
Also, anybody in NJ have spare body parts to sell? My local junkyards are depleted of all that I need (RH door, RH fender, Rh quarter). Shipping is as much as the parts at any aftermarket place. Thanks.

Old 05-10-2004, 11:52 AM
djjoshuad
Posting Guru
actually, I want this done on my truck. I found a place here in DFW, TX that says they can do it easily. Just takes a nice alarm with the ability to control aux relays. he quoted me $250 for alarm, keyless, shock, door alarms, and rear window up/down.

-Josh

Old 05-10-2004, 12:38 PM
ctch88
Senior User
For $250, I'd do it!!

Old 05-10-2004, 01:01 PM
djjoshuad
Posting Guru
did i mention lifetime warranty on the parts and labor, plus it is a top-of-the line alarm

Old 05-10-2004, 04:23 PM
JLMoreno911
Senior User
mtm1972...anything is possible you just need $$ and someone willing to do it, and like djjoshuad said it depends on the alarm...

djjoshuad ...Damn thats a great deal...

Old 05-10-2004, 09:21 PM
mtm1972
Junior User
I know it's possible. I've installed remote starters and door locks in other cars so I know the basics. It just seems a little more complicated for the rear window. If I hook a remote to the front it would have to have constant power, if I hook it to the back, I have to find a way around having the key in the switch. I just figured somebody had a quick solution. Thanks.

Old 05-11-2004, 10:37 AM
JLMoreno911
Senior User
in my opinion it would be easier to work with the back switch, just bypass the key switch and connect the remote wires...you will also need two aux buttons one for up and one for down...unless you only want it to open then you only need one.

Good luck with your project.

Old 05-11-2004, 12:50 PM
ChargerFan
Senior User
I'm in Idaho, but I have the RH fender and RH door from an 87 that I'm parting out. Somehow get a hold of me and maybe we can do something. I can probably ship from my employers dock. I know shipping can be spendy from dealers/catalog suppliers.

Old 05-11-2004, 12:55 PM
ubermich
Senior User
djjoshuad, where is that guy in DFW? I'm going to want an alarm sometime in the near future (once I see how much fundage I have lying around after insurance) and I'm in Fort Worth...

Old 05-11-2004, 03:49 PM
BillyBob69
Lead Driver

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
I just called a custom shop in california and they said since the window is already power, and if you already have an alarm or remote strater with keyless entry, (Mine), that also has the AUX button/feature for the alarm or starter box, then all you need is a window module that roll sup and down and you can wire that in. If I actually do this, I will take pics and post em.

Old 05-12-2004, 03:51 PM
mtm1972
Junior User
Hey ChargerFan, I can't contact you via email...you have that option turned off. I am interested in those parts you mentioned. Like I said, I don't mind paying shipping as long as the price is right. I accept email so contact me preferrably with a pic or two of what you have to offer. Thanks!

Old 05-12-2004, 04:29 PM
ChargerFan
Senior User
I sent a message to the Admin. Maybe he'll give you my email. I went and saw your Bronco. The door(s) and front fender are silver/blue with moulding. I don't have any way really to get a pcture. No digital camera. If you're in a time crunch that could be bad. I can probably borrow one or just take regular photos and have them scanned into a computer, but I'm doing this from work and don't have internet at home.

Old 05-15-2004, 02:39 AM
fisciman
New User
I bought a twindow window controller off ebay and hooked it up to the remote trunk release off my alarm/starter/ keyless entry. Works great. Very easy to load groceries and such with your hands full. I tied the up function to the door lock switch since I could never think of a case where you would want the bronco locked with the rear window down. I would still like to install a magnetic switch or relay to inhibit up movement with the top off as that would seem bad going down the highway and the wife sometimes hits the wrong button!

Old 04-08-2005, 08:50 AM
purrybonker
New User
Originally Posted by fisciman
I bought a twindow window controller off ebay and hooked it up to the remote trunk release off my alarm/starter/ keyless entry. Works great. Very easy to load groceries and such with your hands full. I tied the up function to the door lock switch since I could never think of a case where you would want the bronco locked with the rear window down. I would still like to install a magnetic switch or relay to inhibit up movement with the top off as that would seem bad going down the highway and the wife sometimes hits the wrong button!
Hey Fisciman.... Cool - I have one of those Twindow controllers in my Porsche - it's great, but I want to change it around a bit. You don't still happen to have the instructions/wiring schematic for yours do you? I'd like to ask you a couple of questions about the input leads for the controller box.

Thanks

Joe

Old 04-08-2005, 10:28 AM
fisciman
New User
Sorry, I don't know what happened to it! I can always go out and look though if I knew what you wanted! I remember it works of current detection to tell when it has reached a stop and that good grounds are essential. Let me know!

Quick Reply: Remote rear window...