Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Montana Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: jredline1984

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2004, 02:26 AM
NotSoGrouchyOleFTE'er

Fordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation NW Montana Meet attendees only please

Ok guys and ladies.. dis is da spot for you to leave info for the meet.

1. You and how many will be coming with you.

2. Your sleeping arrangements. Camping out at mtflats, a local campground or a hotel. ( I may even break out my pup tent and sleeping bag from the dust bin and camp over...heh heh... a night out and not even at work!

3. How long do you plan to stay? ( Remember..Matt was planning a drive to Billings for some races there. We also have some good races up here, but I don't have the NASCAR or the season BIG race dates yet...I promise I'll find em.)

Food at the campsite will be a go shopping and bring your own. Between mtflat and I, we should have enough grills to cook a feast.

OK--yer on.....let me know da facts... only da facts..and nuttin BUT da facts!

Dick
'99 NASCAR Edition F-150-4X4
John 3:16

Last edited by Fordlover1951; 05-07-2004 at 02:32 AM. Reason: add stuff
Old 05-07-2004, 02:54 AM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
I love the sig....

present plans are for the 79 to show up bearing two FTE'ers, Royce and Myself. I'm a campin' kind of guy, and I will be tenting. I don't know Royce's plans yet, he just got a new job... I'll let him enlighten you guys.
Old 05-07-2004, 03:13 AM
Elder User

the law is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'll be happy to enlighten when I know what's going on. But I live under a rock. A very large rock. But not the RimRocks. I'm not a wealthy man.
Old 05-07-2004, 03:31 AM
NotSoGrouchyOleFTE'er

Fordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to beholdFordlover55 is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by the law
I'll be happy to enlighten when I know what's going on. But I live under a rock. A very large rock. But not the RimRocks. I'm not a wealthy man.
Wealth is not the issue... having some fun and meeting some great FORD people is. I am no where near wealthy..just cuz I drive a newer truck only means Im much deeper in debt than you are. If you can manage the time off and a ride up with matt or someone...please come. I can buy a few extra hotdogs and beans.

Dick
Old 05-08-2004, 02:29 AM
Elder User

the law is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks, man. I was more refering to the neighborhoods under the RimRocks in Billings, which contain wealthy people. If I have the time off, I certainly plan to come, it's just the occasional difficulty of getting time off a few months after you start a job. I reckon I can swing it, but we'll see.
Old 05-08-2004, 04:09 AM
Post Fiend

Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.Matts72 has a good reputation on FTE.
I happen to have about 20lbs of venison that needs to disappear from my freezer, so it'll come along. some is ground, the rest is steaks. to make the best burgers, somebody will have to buy the fattiest pork sausage they can find.

wow I'm tired, been tending to my new forum, needs a lot of work.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:18 PM
NotSoGrouchyOleFTE'er

Talking

Ahhhhh...20# of Venison.... then what are you gonna bring for YOU to eat? Well, by golly, if you bring venison burger and steaks, then that would make for at least one or two good meals...add a tater salad, baked beans ( to add entertainment ), perhaps a couple beers......and you all can ride in someone elses truck on the drive up to Glacier!!!!! Hmmm... guess I could add a spray can of Ozium and issue one each to my passengers and I can carry 4 people comfortably and 5 if the middle in back is smallish. Of course, we could all ride in the back of mtflat's truck too..so I guess that is all taken care of.

Hmmmm. Well,we now have what?...6 people?? OK you Billings, Wyoming, NoDakian, SouDakian and Iowa people....we know you are dying to spend a few bucks and see the most beautifil spot on Earth... well..ok...in NW Mt anyway. Come on now... you have to go somewhere on vacation. Tell the kids this will be better than Disneyland, the wife it's better than QVC and make da plans!! Only 3 months to go and counting.

I also posted in the Northwest Chapter about the meet, since there may be some folks in Washington and Idaho that might like to come over.

And... which new forum? Aren't you still bein da man here too? You mean we are footloose and fancy free now? OMG. (faints)

Dick

Last edited by Fordlover1951; 05-08-2004 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:28 PM
Post Fiend

when you became pres, it automatically removed me. soon there will only be one moderator for the entire chapters section. its no big deal...
Old 05-09-2004, 02:40 AM
NotSoGrouchyOleFTE'er

Well matt... that just ain't right. You were officially, by the poll elected. If you want it man.. its yours. I don't think Ken would mind switching things around to help you out. I think you have probably been a good moderator and I also think you'd make a good Chapter Leader too. Wanna talk about it?

Dick
Old 05-09-2004, 06:43 PM
Post Fiend

mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsbox99
I happen to have about 20lbs of venison that needs to disappear from my freezer, so it'll come along. some is ground, the rest is steaks. to make the best burgers, somebody will have to buy the fattiest pork sausage they can find.

wow I'm tired, been tending to my new forum, needs a lot of work.

While you two are sorting out the pres thing, I thot I ought to mention that I'm just a 1/4 mile down the road from one of the finest butcher shops in the valley - Farm to Market Pork - and I'm sure you could pick up some pork sausage there to mix with the venison!
Old 05-10-2004, 03:03 AM
Elder User

MontanaFord is starting off with a positive reputation.
ruin perfectly good ground venison by adding pork??? *wrinkles nose...EWWWWW* roflmao...i ain't a huge pork fan, but i suppose i could choke down a couple burgers...but the steaks are what i'll be lookin forward to...i might hafta do some fishin and bring a mess of some sorta fish to the bbq (suckers ok??? ), or mebbe a few gophers or squirrels...

anyway...enough about the food...chances are, if it's a mid-week thing, i'll only be able to make it out for the evenings, depending on what i have goin after work and what-not...as for sleeping arrangements...i'll probably stay at home, as that's where i'm most comfy...lol...

also, my son's 2nd b-day was yesterday, the 8th, and i got him...yes, you guessed it...a camo FORD hat...it reads "My Dad Drives A FORD"...can be found in Wal-mart in the sporting goods section...least that's where i found this one...his step-dad is a chevy fan, so i'm also workin with him on sayin "Chevy Uckie"....lol...gotta git the kid started in the right direction early...

Michael
Old 05-10-2004, 09:38 AM
Post Fiend

Ya gotta start em early Mike.

It's okay Dick, we'll just switch presidents every time we have a meet in a different state....
Old 05-11-2004, 05:48 AM
NotSoGrouchyOleFTE'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsbox99
Ya gotta start em early Mike.

It's okay Dick, we'll just switch presidents every time we have a meet in a different state....
hmmmm..we gotta narrow this state thing down then, eh? LOL. If it weren't for having so many states listed in the Drifters, we wouldn't have enough people to have a meet. Have thought about running a personal add in the papers... FTE..Ford Truck Enthusiasts and put the website on there. See if we can get more Mt folks interested. ( Or even aware we exist)

Dick
Old 06-03-2004, 12:01 PM
Post Fiend

mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.mtflat has a good reputation on FTE.
Bump.

See more detailed info on accomodations in NOOB post. If necessary I'll copy it here.

I've been working like crazy trying to get my shop remodel finished before you guys get here. Don't want you to see my unfinished mess.............
Old 06-03-2004, 11:03 PM
Posting Guru

88grandmarquis is starting off with a positive reputation.
Here's my situation: I still don't know if my friend is coming with or not. He's one of those guys that is either at work or in the shop; nearly impossible to get ahold of on the phone. I'm thinking of running up and talking to him this weekend to find out for sure. Makes a big difference in my travel plans if he goes or not.

If I come alone I'm gonna see about getting a tent (maybe one that mounts on the back of the truck). Depends on cost. Overall I think I can do this whole trip under a $1,000 (fuel, food, hotel, extras).

About the shootin', I don't have a firearm. I'll buy the ammo if anyone has an extra .22 to spare.

That's all I can think of for now. If anyone has any suggestions on stuff I should bring, let me know. I don't want to hit the Montana border and go "Oh no, I forgot the _______!"
Old 06-03-2004, 11:03 PM