1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage

Door cracks

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 05:24 PM
DRP
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door cracks

I know there are a good bit of threads on here about the cracks in the doors. Well heres another one. I thought I could get more responses making a new thread. But anywho, I am planning on going to my local Ford dealership and getting them to fix this problem (if i can). I read in the other threads that you can go in and if you are assertive enough, you can get them to fix it for free. But I dont know if it can work for me. I didn't buy my truck from a Ford place, plus this dealership doesnt have the nicest people. So anybody got any suggestions on how I can get them to fix these cracks for free? The cracks are really starting to worry me..

Drew

Old 05-04-2004, 06:58 PM
HomerWinzlow
Cargo Master
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Dont be afraid of the dealer, he is just a business man like anyone else. He wants to make money like anyone else. He dont care if it comes from Ford, you or your next door neighbor.. Just go in and ask if there is something Ford can do to assist you. They may have a program to repair it free. You dont have to be the original owner or have purchased it from them. Naturally they are going to take care of their loyal customers first, but they never should carry an attitude that a new customer wont be coming back. They may just surprize you and do more than you give them credit for. In the end thier objective is to win new customers and keep them coming back. Of course it helps when you are willing to loosen the purse strings once in a while..

Not ALL dealers are EVIL!

Old 12-09-2005, 06:28 PM
Shernius
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It’s been a while but was wondering how you made out with the crack?