2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

not a happy customer right now

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 09:45 AM
gmiterek
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not a happy customer right now

Just found out this morning, that the truck I ordered that was manufactured April 16th, 2004, HASN'T EVEN LEFT THE PLANT YET, it's been on order since February 10th, 2004, ****es me off, right now, looking at another truck, will be stopping at the NISSAN dealer tonight to see what they have to offer off of the lot. I'm so pieved, I was expecting this truck for my fishing trip in May (openning season), but now the dealer is telling me it may take another 2 weeks before they see it.
I need something to calm me down right now, here is my VIN 1FTPX14594NB91061, maybe somebody here can do a little more research as to WHY I DON'T HAVE IT.
I'm sorry I'm venting off here, but this FORD company is not what people say it is. I've always owned Japanese & German, and I don't know why I even went and looked at American. Oh! yeah! Because of the hype, and also you good folks telling all kind of great things about it.
Sorry again to make this long
PEEVED OFF AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO

Ron

Old 05-04-2004, 10:30 AM
FordRuss
Senior User
You've been patient & I can understand your feelings.. The dealership should have been able to investigate & tell you what the hold up is.. I hope this mess gets settled to your satisfaction, even if it means you going to another company.. You're right about the folks here, they're great people and go out of their way to help each other..

Good Luck,

Russ

Old 05-04-2004, 03:13 PM
gmiterek
Freshman User
I do not really want to go to another company. But right now FORD is not on my favorite list. They do not have a reason for the hold up. They just tell me it hasn't been put on the train yet. Which I do not see a reason why they didn't do it yet? There use to be a strike, but that is over.
Maybe the dealer is on credit hold, they've sold so many trucks, they they can't afford to pay there bills. Actually, when I bought the truck at the beginning of February, they had around 10 trucks in stock. And they still have the same ones, they haven't sold any.
Hummmm. Just for thought

Ron

Old 05-04-2004, 04:56 PM
jimmybl
Junior User
Ron, make sure you test drive it for a nice long ride, and make sure you dont have the vibration problems!! Maybe thats the hold up, hopefully FORD is trying to correct this before any more leave the factory!!

Old 05-04-2004, 06:50 PM
Cavedave
Freshman User
My truck was built on 14 April and arrived 10 days later at the dealership. You should have your truck now.

Old 05-04-2004, 07:04 PM
TWellmann
Senior User
If something is on backorder it'll stall the delivery of your truck. I waited 3 months (Sept - Dec) last fall to get mine because the audiophile and polished boards were on backorder.

Have your dealer talk to their Ford rep to find out what's going on. If it's a backorder issue you could maybe have them remove that from your order and have it put on later at the dealership.

Good luck. I feel your pain!

Old 05-04-2004, 10:34 PM
vtn98
Junior User
It shouldn't be a backorder issue if his truck was already manufactured. If they were waiting on parts, they wouldn't have built it, yet.

Sounds like someone screwed the processing of the truck and it got lost in the shuffle. Try talking to your dealer to get some free stuff for the screw up.

Old 05-05-2004, 07:36 AM
gmiterek
Freshman User
I'm doing that now, trying to get a loner for the fishing trip, he's going to try to rent one off of a lease company for that weekend, that is if I don't get the truck by the 19th of May. I'm even thinking of just cancelling and getting one that is on the lot.
The big difference between the one I ordered, is that I ordered a Supercab Lariat fully equipped, and they have a Supercrew Lariat half equipped. I actually really need the 6' box, due to the fact for my ATV (Suzuki VINSON), and also, at the office we carry material that is 3' x 6' long, it would just be easier so we can keep the tailgate down.
Anyways, I had a good sleep last night, so I think I'm just going to wait for it, and hope for the best. I still don't understand why it's still at the plant since April 16th, 2004.

Old 05-05-2004, 07:39 AM
ieee_raider
Senior User
Originally Posted by vtn98
Sounds like someone screwed the processing of the truck and it got lost in the shuffle. Try talking to your dealer to get some free stuff for the screw up.
Good point. I would demand some free stuff... spray-in bedliner, nerf bars, window tint, etc.

Old 05-05-2004, 09:44 AM
Silver150
Senior User
To Gmitrek, Just traded a nissan, dont buy one, you think the problems on this site are bad, thats nothing, I had a vibration at 40-55, and again 67-76mph. they all drove it, Ballanced the tires 4 times, gave new tires, general crap, then told me it was a truck thats normal, and all the tech notes said "unable to reproduce customer complaint" even though I was in the truck with them when it didi it! I called nissan north America, they refused to call me back ever, and preaty much said tough, I even know a Mechanic at Nissan he said they all do that Sorry, I will never Buy a Jap Truck again, I am Home and Happy with my Bad *** Blue Oval...

Old 05-05-2004, 10:02 AM
blueck
Junior User
Request Free Bed Extender if going to SCrew

Since you use your bed a lot - I would also make sure they at a minimum throw in a free bed extender - not quite as good as having the bigger bed but it definitely helps for carrying materials etc... just a thought.

Also, a buddy of mine ordered a Nissan Titan 2 months ago - was supposed to be here Monday but no word from the dealer yet so not so sure Nissan is gonna be any different unless you go off the lot but have to wait and see since it has only been a couple of day - hopefully it doesn't turn into your situation.

Old 05-06-2004, 08:29 AM
gmiterek
Freshman User
So, I decided to wait to 2 weeks (I hope), and the dealer promised me that if I don't have the truck my the 19th of May (I'm leaving early morning on the 20th for my fishing trip). They will pay for a rental of one. Which is fine with me, because where I'm going, there is a lot of dirt roads and mud, so I won't have to clean the truck when I get back. The only bad thing is, is that I wanted to go with my truck, so I can really try it out, see if I can find any of the problems that are posted here. (Hope there isn't any).
Thanks again for trying to cheer me up, and I hope to receive my truck soon.

Ron

Old 05-06-2004, 02:32 PM
cowchip13
Freshman User
Ron

Look at it this way...the worse that can happen is you have to go on your fishing trip in a new F150 rental...might be kinda fun to have a new truck you can REALLY have some fun in and not worry about scratching it... ...anyway, have a great fishing trip

Chip