2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Little things

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 05:31 AM
Broncojohn
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Little things

Has anyone notice there aren't any spare fuses in the truck? This became a problem when I blew one in the interstate and couldn't find a truck stop that sold the minifuse. Someone let me know if there are spare fuses in the truck and I'm to stupid to find them. They aren't by the panel and their not listed in the book. I know trucks have become reliable enough not to need them, but at least put some in for the power port. I could imagine someone who travels and lives off their computer having a problem with this.

Old 05-03-2004, 07:53 AM
momalle1
Senior User
There are no spares, and yes, it seems very petty. It would have been nice of Ford to include that little extra, for a nice touch. The cost would have been worth the impression.

Old 05-03-2004, 03:32 PM
baja_stx
Senior User
True, but most people would probably never need to use a spare fuse so the impression would never have been made. I'm not disagreeing with you guys... I too think it should have spare fuses.

Old 05-03-2004, 07:07 PM
rferoni
Senior User
about the little things...

First off I love my truck, and have been lucky enough not to have(or notice??) any vibration issues. Yeah the bed shakes a bit but no vibration in the truck. I'm waiting on a truck cap and I would bet money the bed shakes stop. I DO only have 600 miles tho, so maybe the problems just haven't started yet. Anyway about the little things. Ford does seem to be getting petty. Adding to the no spare fuses list(which I didn't even know till I read this thread) there is also no glove box light or no HOOD light!! I mean come on, no HOOD LIGHT???? . Not only that, but I swear Ford has the LEAST amount of storage space, and the smallest glove box on their trucks. I need the extra storage space to carry a flashlight cuz I don't have a HOOD light . Ok I'm done ranting. Just can't believe some of the 'little things' that were left out on this truck.....

Ron

Old 05-03-2004, 07:43 PM
WEB
Senior User
I agree with the storage problem. Every where I use to keep stuff seems to be gone, especialy with the Audiophile which I would not trade for $1000

So What I did is I went to Sears and got one of there 18 inch work bag for $15 and put everything I had stored under the seats and placed it on the floor behind the drivers seat. I have flashlights, bungee cords, rope gloves, a small ratchet set, tire pressure guages, wisk broom AND SPARE FUSES

It works out great and everything is in one place.

Old 05-03-2004, 09:46 PM
rferoni
Senior User
yeah the bag is a good idea. When I get my truck cap I will be doing something similar, just keeping it in the bed.....

ron

Old 05-04-2004, 05:23 AM
Broncojohn
Senior User
Talking

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1584653" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2>True, but most people would probably never need to use a spare fuse so the impression would never have been made. I'm not disagreeing with you guys... I too think it should have spare fuses.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>Yesterday 07:53 AM</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>That's my point. Most people wouldn't notice till there in BFE at 01:30 in the morning and an idoit friend puts his inverter in the power port and cigar lighter and blows the fuses. Then your cell phone beeps and goes dead. Now your in the middle of New Mexico with no communications . Now your check engine light comes on, so you go out and open the hood to find out you can't see the engine compartment. Next you go to the glove box to get your flash light and you can't find it because you bought the little black mag light and its hidden in your dark glove box.

Now I don't think I have a glove box light problem. I turned on my over head light for the passenger and some how Ford captured the Sun and installed it as a map light in my truck. D#mn that light is bright, especially at 02:00 in the morning just after taking a nap at a truck stop.