Cd player not right

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 01:21 PM
kenro
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cd player not right

Hey all! I have a '03 250 with a 6 disc indash player.My proublem is this,I have 6 cd's loaded in it,it's been playing fine.I went to change tracks and a NO CD came up on the screen.I tried to remove the cd's but all it says is CD ERROR or CD initalizing.Do I need a new CD player?The trucks only got 6000 miles on it,so the radio hasn't been used much.Any body got a fix?

Old 05-02-2004, 04:29 PM
prcrboy
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still under warranty? take it back, sounds like a internal loading mech. problem.

Old 05-02-2004, 06:36 PM
kenro
Junior User
Thanks prcrboy!It's still under warranty,I didn't know if it was fixable or not.

Old 05-06-2004, 06:51 PM
glares
Freshman User
KENRO....did you ever get your CD player fixed? I have an 04 EX with the 6 CD changer and it is doing the same thing kinda. It will be playing a CD and then give me the error message or when switching CD's it will skip one like if it wasn't there. I have only used original CD's not copies, so I know that is not the problem with mine. I am still under warranty but wanted to see what you did. Thanks.

Old 05-06-2004, 09:02 PM
kenro
Junior User
Hey glares.I'm going to take it to the Ford dealer and let them look at it.I haven't had time to take it to them yet.I'm going to try friday or saturday.Mine started skipping first,I thought maybe it was just the cd,but then it stared getting worst.Now when I press the cd button,it says no cd.Ford should just replace it,I hope.If I make it to them this week,I'll post it here to let you know what they say.If they give me a hard time,I'll jerk it out and give it back to them!!!! HA!HA!

Old 05-06-2004, 11:52 PM
glares
Freshman User
That's good let me know what they say. Mine hasn't skipped yet just error messages. I can go back and play the CD that got the error message or go to the skipped one. Hopefully it doesn't get worse.

Old 05-16-2004, 09:41 PM
kenro
Junior User
Hey Glares,I went to my ford dealer,and they said they were going to order me another cd player...Thats good!But here's what sucks,The cd's that are in the player (6) will have to be removed by ford.The dealer said they can't remove the cd's or they would void the warranty.Ford will ship the cd's to the dealer,when they remove them.I asked how long that will take,and they said it could take some time.The also said they have had some problems with the players.If I were you ,I'd tell them about what your's is doing,and order you another one.

Old 05-16-2004, 10:47 PM
75Player
Senior User
I hate to say it, but I wouldn't count on seeing your CD's again. I also don't buy their response that if the dealer removes the CDs that it will void the warranty. If they have already oredered the replacement CD Changer for you, it shouldn't make a difference who removes the CDs. Sounds like the dealer is trying to avoid being held responsible for damging the CDs when they remove them. I would challenge the dealer on this one.

Old 05-18-2004, 01:57 AM
glares
Freshman User
I agree with 75Player......that sounds fishy. Thanks for finding out though. The next time I go to the dealer I will let them know and see what they tell me. Were you having problems ejecting the CD's too? Or did they just not want to take them out, they should have let you take them out if they didn't want to. Hopefully they do send your CD's back to you, some time this year. (J/k) Still doesn't make sense why that would void the warranty. Good luck with the new CD player.

Old 05-18-2004, 11:43 AM
Guero
Freshman User
I have a 6 disc changer in my '03 f-350. It has been nothing but trouble. The dealer says they have to send it off to even check it out and leave me with a big hole in the dash. This doesn't seem right to me. I am getting close to being out of warrranty so I need to do something about it. My old '95 plays everything we put in it, dirt and all, copies, it don't care. It is a single player. I wish I had gotten the single cd/cassette player instead of this changer.

Old 05-29-2004, 09:41 PM
okladrop
Freshman User
Hay F150 riders I have to same issue w/my 97 F150 CD player, it just started acting up w/120,000 miles on it, what is the problem with them.

Do any one know?

v/r okladrop