Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

Chapter needs a leader

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 04:51 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Fastronald, keep me informed on when/where we will be having a meeting. I'll definetly be there. Preferrably, if it's possible, I'd like to have it on a weekend because of my work schedule. I'm still interested in a chapter officer position, also.

Old 09-03-2004, 09:07 PM
C Mionske/Cook
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fastronald? You have my vote. I'm in the Bolingbrook area. I'm afraid though that I don't get out much. Too afraid of making a wrong turn and getting lost. (LOL) A suggestion though. A reminder of the meetings and perhaps put out an update of the what happened at the meeting. Minutes if you would.

Old 09-05-2004, 10:42 AM
Fastronald
Elder User
Illinois Chapter

Not to worry..........I'll be sure to include detailed directions!

Old 09-06-2004, 09:13 PM
95F250NUT
Senior User
Fastronald--- Have you decided on a date for the Chapter meeting? You are our leader and the man who will be in charge. Let us know Bossman and we will hopefully all be there. Thanks for your leadership, Tim

Old 09-07-2004, 03:52 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Illinois Chapter

Well......so far the September dates are in line. I'm re-writing the type of position sheets to pass around so anyone interested could sign their name and an "election" could be taken then. I'm still going over positions we would need in the now and in the near future with as much detail as I think we'd require.
With road construction on La Grange road, maybe another site in the general
La Grange area will be needed. I'm looking into other locations and a choice for either good or bad weather to accomodate us.
I'm also trying go get my hands on a used F -250 4X4 from an area school district ...cheap.
I'll be sure to post the date, place and time before next Wednesday at the latest. I'll be sure to give detailed directions and again, I encourage anyone interested to attend and inquire about an officer position to get us rolling.
Thanks, Ron

Old 09-08-2004, 04:09 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Chapter meeting

Ok.....is Saturday the 18th or Sunday the 19th better for us? Traffic maybe less of a headache on Sunday?
I'll drive down La Grange road soon to be sure the entrances/exits on Route 45 and I - 55 are all open and such.
I'll have copies of the paper work ready for us to review and vote on officers.
I'll have a meeting agenda set up ( greetings/nominations/elections/new business/etc.)
Once the last of the details are done, I'll post the date/time/ etc. and we're off and running.

Old 09-08-2004, 05:46 PM
Pirate16
Senior User
Talking

either day is fine i don't think there will be too much of a difference in traffic either day, as long as it isn't a weekday i think we will be fine! that weekend sounds great i will defently be there!

ps. thanks for all the help ronald!

Old 09-09-2004, 08:27 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Smile

Either Sept.18 or Sept.19 sounds good to me. If it's possible, could you schedule the meeting for late afternoon or evening? I'm not much of a "morning person". Either way, I'll be there. Hopefully the weather will be nice so I can drive one of my trucks. I'd hate to have to show up at a FTE meeting in a Buick!

Old 09-09-2004, 10:10 PM
NascarNut
Senior User
Originally Posted by JohnT
I'd hate to have to show up at a FTE meeting in a Buick!
I'd hate to show up anywhere in a Buick!

Go ahead and drive one of your trucks, a little bad weather is nothing a Ford can't handle.

Old 09-10-2004, 05:29 AM
Fastronald
Elder User
Chapter Meeting

It should not matter for our first meeting what you drive...............being there is what counts...........I'll be in a 93' Vicki. I'm still trying to get my hands on the school districts old 4X4. I'll give everyone the final, time and location shortly. Looking forward to meeting everyone, Ron

Old 09-10-2004, 07:30 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Smile

Originally Posted by NascarNut
I'd hate to show up anywhere in a Buick!

Go ahead and drive one of your trucks, a little bad weather is nothing a Ford can't handle.
Sorry, but if the weather's bad, I'll have to drive the Buick. I can't take any chances with my trucks because I've spent alot of time and money having them restored, and I'm worried that if I take them out in bad weather they might get rust on them.

Old 09-11-2004, 02:42 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
First Meeting

Okay....here we go..........Let's meet on Sunday the 19th around 1:00 p.m. and since the weather has been good lately...........we could meet at Sundown Meadows forest preserve grove.

It's located about a half mile North of I - 55 and is on the WEST side of route 45/La Grange road. We'll meet close to the entrance, bring a lawn chair.

I had thought of meeting at ledo's pizza, but we may see a large number of members and I don't want everyone to feel obligated that they have to spend money/eat/etc.

IF.......the weather is bad (heavy rain/etc.) our fall back spot would be Ledo's.

I'll have officer "job descriptions", ballots, a membership information/interest sheet and such to get us moving and discuss our next steps.

Keeping this family friendly and fun is a must. I encourage everyone to join us at our first meeting! If you own a Ford truck at the moment or not, should not stop you. Being an active part of the chapter matters most.

Let me hear your thoughts and suggestions......Thanks, Ron

Old 09-11-2004, 07:56 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Smile

Next Sunday at 1 PM sounds good. I'll be there!

Old 09-11-2004, 09:03 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Chapter Meeting

IF traffic on route 45/La Grange road is heavy or an entrance/exit blocked off for some reason and you need an alternate route let me know and I'll get you around it.

I may bring along an American flag to mark the spot we'll meet at.

I'll clear up the last minute details and re-write the re-write of job descriptions, etc. and have copies for everyone.

We have the potential to form the largest chapter with the entire
state/chicagoland area to rely on.

Any thoughts or suggestions? let's hear em'......thanks, Ron

Old 09-12-2004, 04:45 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Meeting

an alternate routes to the grove is..........

Coming from the south, take I - 55 to route 83 NORTH to Plainfield road and then drive to route 45/La Grange road, turn South/Right on route 45 to the grove..........less 45 traffic that way.

Coming from the WEST?..you could also take I - 55 to route 83 to Plainfield, or take Ogden Ave to route 45/ La Grange and turn South/Right to the grove.

Coming from the North? You could take route 83 in to Plainfield road and avoid the tollway.

Coming from the East, you could take I - 55 to route 45/ La grange road.

Hope this helps some.......if you have any questions ..just ask me.

I haven't gotten a responce from the forest preserve IF the grove had been reserved for a gathering/party/etc.

IF this is the case and it is in fact crowded to overflowing..........Ledo's Pizza is our fall back spot.

Ledo's is just off the intersection of 55th street and route 45/ La Grange road on the EAST side of the street. Parking is in the rear there.

I'll have some information/price sheets from the U - Pull - It yard in Blue Island for parts..........very cheap............ to share with everyone.

If I find time, I'll make up a trivia quiz for some fun.

Interested in an officers position? We'd need an assistant "leader", a recording secretary, possibly an event coordinator, a membership coordinator and a chapter photographer. I'm sure more positions would follow as we progress further.

If you want to bring your wife and family/girlfriend/etc. , feel free to do so. This should be a safe and family friendly chapter.

For an October meeting we could have a Halloween party or something IF there are enough small children.

Every meeting could have a trivia quiz, a tech session, etc. to help each other out. As I mentioned before, those of us with mechanical skills, body-fender skills, welding skills, etc. could offer to help less experianced members to learn and work on their projects.

Looking forward to seeing everyone...thanks, Ron

Quick Reply: Chapter needs a leader