Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

Chapter needs a leader

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 10:26 PM
95F250NUT
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This has been looked at 260 times and only 13 replies ????????? the center of the Chicagoland area is along I290 - so that would make La Grange Park area a pretty neutral spot. If the meeting place was more centrally located. There would be a much greater turnout. And thats what everone wants RIGHT ?

Old 08-24-2004, 11:56 PM
Pirate16
Senior User
yes a neutral spot is best but where ever it is i will be there.

Old 08-25-2004, 04:08 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Chapter Leader

Okay...........before things get going, is there anyone besides my self interested in being Chapter Leader or serve as a Chapter Officer? I would be happy to get things going, I just don't want to exclude anyone else that maybe interested in the Leader spot. I'd like to be sure that everyone is heard and any interested party is able to speak up.

I would imagine that after having one or two meetings the Illinois Chapter would begin to take shape. I'd be willing to post events and pics of meeting attendees and related items on the site.

I would also expect everyone to desire to strive for a family friendly atmosphere, and that use of illegal drugs, alcohol abuse, etc. would not be permitted.

We could schedule monthly or bi - monthly meetings for everyone and meetings to discuss future plans among the Chapter leadership if the situation called for this. The topic and subjects of a leadership meeting would be shared with the membership and no secrets kept.

I would also encourage and support the women of the Illinois Chapter to take an active role as well as the men of the Chapter.

I would also expect everyone to welcome all Ford Motor Company "Trucks", up to and including Pick ups, S.U.V.'s, Vans, Rancheros and 4X4's as they are all listed on the site.

Would anyone have an issue with a chapter e-mail/phone contact list?

Please share your thoughts, opinoins and feelings on these or any other concern you may have before we take our first steps as a uniform chapter.

Old 08-25-2004, 08:11 PM
95F250NUT
Senior User
Hey Fastronald - If You Give Me A Little Info On What It Takes To Be Your Officer Or Any Other Positions That Would Help You Let Me Know And I Will See If It Is Possible To Be A Partner In Your Leadership. KEEP IN MIND IM MARRIED WITH KIDS AND DONT HAVE A WHOLE BUNCH OF SPARE TIME - THANKS TIM

Old 08-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Pirate16
Senior User
Thumbs up

hey fastronald it sounds like you have it pretty well planned out and since there has been no leader i think that you would be great for the position. the ideas all sound good and like i said i could be an officer but i think you should be the leader.

Old 08-26-2004, 06:13 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Chapter Leader

Wow,thanks Pirate16 - 92f250nut.....I'm married also and have three kids myself. I'll devote as much time as is possible to this chapter getting off the ground.

As far as what is required to serve as an officer would be dependant on what officer position the chapter decides are required.

At this point, I would think at most we would need a "vice" leader, a recording secretary type position and if the chapter decides to have dues required a financial secretary.

IF we decide to host our own show/etc. down the road, the cost of insurance rears it's ugly head.

For our first year or so, going to established shows/cruise nights/swap meets/etc. would serve to give us a means to meet as a chapter, meet other interested partys, give our families time to share our hobby and schedule regular meetings. I'd like to find some places to meet year 'round and try to accomodate everyone as far as easing driving distances.

I'd like to hear more opinions, etc. to establish a regular meeting agenda, the best times and best days to meet? We could accomodate families by meeting at (for example a miniature golf place, the Little Red School House, a local park ) an area to hold a meeting and then afterwards, chat and spend time as a chapter and as families to relax/play? Maybe in someone's back yard and hold a cook out?

We could have a "who needs help" or a "tech time" meeting and lend a hand on a project. Those of us able to paint, weld, do body work and mechanical work could strive to share our skills and teach others.

I will make this promise to the Illinois Chapter, I am NOT doing this to create a cash flow for me, I will act in the best interest of the chapter, neither I nor officers should keep any secrets from chapter members at anytime.

I have been in contact with the site support and intend to meet the site expectations. I have every belief in doing this right the first time and benefit by our mistakes and improve the chapter.

Our first meeting should be located in a "neutral" area to acomodate where everyone is located. Thus far, with the majority of us in the Chicagoland area, I would agree Countryside/La Grange would good. The downside is there is heavy road construction on Route 45/La Grange Road. A bypass route could be given out to ease those headaches.

Ledo's Pizza would afford us room to meet, eat, chat and they have some video games for the kids. IF, I knew the number of us to attend, I'd call ahead so we can all sit at one of the LONG tables there. I don't work there, know anyone who does or get something out of meeting there. It's inside and would meet our needs to defeat any hot, humid or poor weather.

Again, please share your opinions....Thanks, Ron

Last edited by Fastronald; 08-26-2004 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:36 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Fastronald, I would definetly be interested in being a Chapter Officer! I have lots of free time, so this would give me something to do. I think the idea of a monthly meeting sounds good. Let me know where it's at, and I'll be there! Keep in mind though, if the weather is bad, I will NOT be driving one of my Ford trucks.

Old 08-26-2004, 09:58 PM
NascarNut
Senior User
Recording secretary, financial secretary, insuance,....man is this getting complicated!

Very good ideas Ron.

Old 08-27-2004, 04:29 PM
460lover95
New User
Thumbs up Lets Do This!!!!!

Man This Sounds Great. I Don't Know If I Would Have The Time For An Officer Position, But I Would Be More Than Happy To Help Out With Anything I Can. Sounds Like This Is Actually Happening. I Can't Wait! We Should Probably Set A Date To Get Everyone Together To Discuss Plans, Count Heads, Maybe Hold An Informal Election Or Nomination (although It Sounds Like We Have Already Chosen Our Leader). This Chapter Has The Potential To Be One Of The Largest And Best In The Country. I Am In The Western Suburbs, But Have No Problem Driving A Little Distance To Attend Meetings Or Shows. I Think A Regualr Meeting Place In The Chi-town Area Is Good, But Should Try To Have Semi-regular Meetings, Outings, Or Shows In Other Ares Of The State. Possibly Camping/4-wheeling Weekends? (any Rural Runners Out There That Can Gain Access To Some Nice Off-roading?) Once Again, I Am Very Excited About This And Offer Whatever Services I Can.
-dan
95 F250; 460 - Extended Cab, Long Bed Red/silver

Old 08-27-2004, 04:52 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Illinois Chapter

I plan to do as much as is possible to see that the Illinois Chapter comes to life.
What responsibilties - duties - officers will be required to do is still an undecided issue. I agree, a meeting, head count, nominations and election is required as well.
Taking part in various functions as a chapter can only make things better to attract others to join us. If you own a Ford Motor Company truck or not should not be a concern. Taking part in the chapter does.
Setting up the schedule for monthly or bi-monthly meetings, a holding regular chapter events is a great idea and we can decide what,when and where. Once a meeting is held we can gage what is our next step and course of action.
I would like to have a regular place we can meet and explore moving meetings now and then to meet the needs of those required to drive longer distances.
I believe we should do a respectable job of making meetings accessable to everyone in Illinois.
Again, I encourage everyone male and female to give the matter some thought and decide if you would care to serve as an officer or some position the chatper feels is necessary. An event coordinator, communications coordinator, etc. are areas we might want to use as well.

Now......is September a good or busy month for everyone??

Is October better time wise than September??

Is Saturday or Sunday best for everyone to meet??

Meeting in the Countryside/La Grange area seems , so far, to be a neutral location for now.

Okay....is September 18th - 19th in the afternoon a good time for everyone to meet?

Is October 2nd - 3rd better? Is 1:00 a good time?

Please voice an opinion.......Thanks, Ron

Old 08-28-2004, 10:58 AM
Fastronald
Elder User
Quick Update

I'm working on nomination - election ballot sheets, meeting forum/agenda, a list of possible officer positions and a brief description of what might be expected. All of which are subject to approval by the chapter members. I'd like to iron out as many small details prior to our first meeting. I'm going to rely on my prior club/union experiance to set us up in a positive direction and with as little confusion as is possible.
This thread has gotten to it's second page now! I hope the interest continues to build! We're soon to be on our way.

Last edited by Fastronald; 08-28-2004 at 11:05 AM.
Old 08-28-2004, 04:27 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Cool!! Keep me informed on how things are coming along. I am still interested in one of the Chapter officer positions. Let me know what's available. Hopefully, we'll be able to get in a couple of chapter meetings while the weather is still nice so I'll be able to drive one of my trucks.

Old 08-30-2004, 04:28 PM
95F250NUT
Senior User
<CENTER>This user has not created their gallery. </CENTER><!-- End Content -->

Old 09-01-2004, 12:19 AM
Pirate16
Senior User
Thumbs up september

well i am pretty much open any time, but i will second the september 18/19th date works for me and la grange works also. afternoons work good for me but any time is ok. so i would recomend september but october would work also.

Old 09-02-2004, 03:56 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Chapter

Been busy with a slow running bathroom drain....fun. This thread slowed down too.........was hoping for more feed back about the dates. Could just be John, Pirate, 95 f250 and I there. I'll get back at this quickly and try to cover all the bases before a meeting, Ron

Quick Reply: Chapter needs a leader