1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Hello? Hello? Anybody hear about some big truck show in TN?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 02:32 AM
BlueOvalRage
Cargo Master

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Hello? Hello? Anybody hear about some big truck show in TN?!?

Well, howdee, all! Long time, no see. I've been pretty scarce for oh, say, about a year, but I thought I oughtta stick my head in the door so you's could all see I wasn't dead yet. I got way sidetracked from the '51 project after my F-150 went dirty side up in a ditch last summer. I really hate Goodyear tires. $10K (just "fixed" isn't ever good enough is it?) and 9 months later, I've got that little oops straightened out and I'm ready to do something about that pile of parts in the corner that I keep swearing is a vintage Ford pickup. I finally got around to finishing the shop air plumbing last weekend that I started LAST April and plan to get back to work on sandblasting my 'ole F-1's chassis next month over my vacation. So that's where I've been and what I'm up to.

Soooo, who's going to the Supernats this year? I had a blast last year and think maybe another dose will get me back in the mood to work on something that I don't HAVE to for a change. Where are y'all staying? I'd better try to find a room pretty quick and I'd like to be someplace around some of you guys if it's not too late. Any meetings or dinner dates planned? Let me know!

Old 04-29-2004, 10:06 PM
Purple55
Tuned
Received 58 Likes on 14 Posts
BlueOval,don't call us,we'll call you.

....er,wait a second.It's your turn to buy,isn't it?

Old 04-30-2004, 04:06 AM
BlueOvalRage
Cargo Master

Um, alrighty then! Guess I'll go by myself. Thanks anyways.

Old 04-30-2004, 08:36 AM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 727 Likes on 259 Posts
who's goin

Joe,

I'm going...

staying at the comfort inn...

fenders will probably be there whining...

hope to see you this year..

john

BTW... you been out of touch... you do know it moved to Knoxville, right ?

Old 04-30-2004, 09:07 PM
PJS55
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rage,

Good to hear from you again. When Sharron booked our room at the Ramada at exit 398 back at the end of February, there wasn't a lot of rooms left then so they are likely real thin by now. Do hope to see you there. I'm sure that there will be several venues to get together. I do intend to bring some good Canadian beer.

Regards, John

Old 05-02-2004, 05:21 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts
Joe

It's good to hear from you. I just can't go this year. I am absolutely hammered at work and at home too. It appears we will be finally going on a long vacation at work very soon. Not sure where but definitely somewhere significantly east of Tennessee. But first I have to get my tired old bad back through a physical. Good time to come clean because they are desperate and the standards are suddenly lower. I need to pass or they'll throw me off the gravy train. (Which they should as it's a waste of your tax dollars if I'm not available for the big game).

But enough of that stuff. You guys have lots of fun and I'll be upset if you don't take some PF PICs for me.

later

Old 05-03-2004, 12:08 AM
BlueOvalRage
Cargo Master

Well, it's about time you old timers weighed in! Sorry to hear that you won't make it this year, Dewayne. I was really looking forward to finally getting a chance to check out the '53. Your other vacation won't be nearly as much fun I'm sure, but I know you'll persevere. You'll be in my thoughts. Looks like I'll be sending you the picture CD this year.

The John's: Hope to catch up with you guys while I'm in town. I'm actually looking forward to the new location. I felt like I missed too much last year with it being so spread out. We should definitely try to get together for a breakfast or dinner! Anybody hear if George is going this year? Not exactly sure where we're going to stay yet as good 'ole brother Ray hasn't decided when he wants to leave. He's dragging his battleax along for the putt this year, so it ought to be REAL interesting. She's quite a drinker. Hmmm......... Mayhap I oughtta reserve two rooms. On opposite sides of the building.

Old 05-03-2004, 04:55 PM
ferguson777
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rage,

Great to hear you're still alive. Wish I could see you there but....just celebrated (?) one year of unemployment yesterday, so what is left of the budget doesn't allow for any fancy vacations...

Later,

Old 05-03-2004, 10:30 PM
Purple55
Tuned
Received 58 Likes on 14 Posts
Blue Oval, you guys riding the bikes over again?Not sure if I'm going to be there yet.Wife said something about it being our 25th wedding anniversary so I'm trying to make sure her priorities are in order.

Old 05-04-2004, 01:48 PM
Fat Fendered Ford
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll be arriving Thusday evening and staying in the Motel 6 at I-75 at Merchant Drive, Exit #108. It's a ways from the show but cheap.

I'm planning on attending a breakfast or dinner meeting wherever people are gathering. I'll be heading out after the cruise Saturday evening. Hope to see some of you there!

Kevin Kessler
1953 Ford F-100

Old 05-05-2004, 10:45 AM
truckfarmer
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just canceled my room reservations at the Baymont (host hotel). My nephew got inconsiderate and planned his wedding that weekend. So, I won't be going to Knoxville. I enjoyed meeting some of you guys for breakfast last year and was looking forward to renewing the friendship and comradery. Well, maybe next year gas won't be a major expense of the trip.
Side note, I am sorry to see that Pat Ford has gotten independent enough that he doesn't send pre-entry forms to past attendees. I did not recieve anything from him and I have registered for the show 5 times. I have a friend that has been in the swapmeet area for 15 years that didn't get any info from Pat Ford about the change in locations till about a month ago. Maybe with the influx of newer trucks, he doesn't need our registrations. I hope that is not the problem at all.
Am looking forward to pictures from the members that make the big show. Enjoy!!!

Old 05-05-2004, 11:55 AM
Jet Jock
Elder User
BlueO
Great to hear from ya. I put some info on the other site they wanted us to put nationals info on, but here it is again.

Phyliss & I were there last weekend for the Southeast show, 'bout 2000 car & trucks and a couple of hundred vendors. There is nothing but good news! the site is great a huge park.. really a fair grounds with road inside for the parade great places to park (truck being shown), and even small lake.

We decided to enter our truck in the "not to be judged class" so we could park inside, take a sun canopy, a couple of chairs, a grill, and of course a cooler for bottled water. We will have the Jet Jock sign out and all you guys are welcome. This is going to be a greatplace.

Don't worry about rooms Knoxville has a lot of hotels, we are staying out at the airport that is about 20 minutes away, but my room is $42 per night.

Great to see you here again!

Jet Jock
"I drive a 'girly' 302 because, when I want to go fast, I go to work"

Old 05-08-2004, 10:04 PM
Jet Jock
Elder User
Blue Oval

What are you driving down this year?

Old 05-09-2004, 09:10 PM
BlueOvalRage
Cargo Master

I'll be putting down on the Harley again this year. I've been so busy lately that it is just begging to be ridden. Besides, the Ranger is too cramped for a long trip and I don't dare take the F-150 anywhere other than around here until I get a fresh set of skins on it. I can't afford another repeat of last summer's little misadventure in the rain. We're going to crash at the 'ole man's place on the lake in KY Thursday night and ride on in Friday morning. We'll be staying at the Days Inn at exit 108 on I-75. I'll look for your truck at the show! So where are we going to get together? Anybody got a plan yet?

Old 05-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Jet Jock
Elder User
I think the early plans are to meet at Ruby Tuesday at exit 398 on I 40 about 5 miles north east of the show site. Several guys were planning to stay up there. But you know I don't know who is going to make it this year.

Bill

Quick Reply: Hello? Hello? Anybody hear about some big truck show in TN?!?