2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finding the Perfect F-150

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 11:26 AM
dzervit
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finding the Perfect F-150

Ok, so I'm pretty fed-up with my Expy, and think I'll just trade it in (I've been trying to sell it). I've been to the dealership before and located a couple trucks that fit my EXACT specs. However, I have changed my requirements (no longer need Audiophile or reverse sensing). Does anyone know the easiest way to search all the dealers inventory?! Ford web site sucks, its WAY to time consuming and I feel like I could easily miss something. While I was at the dealer I took over his PC and they have this GREAT website (dealerweb or something) that searches all dealers in a certain mile radius, and allows you to search on custom options, etc... it ruled! Anyone know if something like this is availble on the web, or do I have to go sneak on the dealers PC again?!

Old 04-27-2004, 11:57 AM
bigjack
Elder User
We have a salesman who is a member of this forum. His dealer is a site sponsor, Van Bortel Ford. His handle is 1956MarkII. Try contacting him.

Old 04-27-2004, 12:54 PM
dzervit
Senior User
Hmmm.. .I'll PM him. How did everyone else shop for their pickup?! I know I can't be the only one that just wants to walk into a dealer and say "That One, here's the check, hurry up and prep it for me". I just wanna surf and find my perfect truck (yes, I know I could just order and wait, but where's the fun in that)? It's the thrill of the hunt...

Old 04-27-2004, 02:16 PM
bigjack
Elder User
This is off topic but since you were in on that thread yesterday about "my wifes emails", what happened to that thread? Did the mods put the kybosh on it ? It was getting wild when I had to get off at 4 o'clock.

Old 04-27-2004, 02:17 PM
BlkButy
Elder User
In Oct 2003 I drove onto the lot in my 2002 Fx4 and said I want that truck there - but add the nerf bars, bedline and bug shield at no cost and I will buy right now. Well I own the 2004 Fx4 SCrew Black on Black!

Old 04-27-2004, 03:04 PM
2004supacrewlariat
Senior User
Most salesmen want to trap you while you are giddy over your first test drive. That's when you are most vulnerable. The first dealership wanted to sell me a truck from the lot. I was told that if they ordered one I'd pay more for it that one with more options.They told me that if I wanted one I best buy from the lot asap because they can't keep them in stock I politley told him that I could'nt see the line forming behind me. Then I left. I went to my second dealership locked a price, oredered it without any presure to buy NOW. I got everything I wanted and did'nt get anything I did'nt need. Normaly I would not be willing to wait that long, but this time I am spending a lot of dough. Best to get what you want, you will pay for it regardless. Good luck.

Old 04-27-2004, 03:13 PM
dzervit
Senior User
Yeah, I know what I want and will not settle for anything less. I just wish there was a tool like the "dealerweb" (for lack of a better term) that was open to the public. They could strip out the invoice/x/a plan pricing and other goodies, but the ease of the search and the power it had was awesome!

BigJack - the mods put the kibosh on the thread right after my post. Too bad, it was a hilarious thread!

Old 04-27-2004, 04:15 PM
fordguy61mi
Senior User
Dood, you really need the Audiophile. It's the most used option in my truck.

Old 04-27-2004, 06:04 PM
dzervit
Senior User
I was die-hard on getting the audiophile, but then in an effort to sell the expy I had all my stereo equipment removed. I sold my JL Audio Stealthbox, and will re-use my amp and BA components & 5x7s. I have my eye on an Eclipse AVN2454 headunit. HOPEFULLY JL audio will have a stealthbox in a few weeks... not sure though. So, while the audiophile is great I think I can drop it along with the reverse sensing (optional rearview camera w/ the AVN) to aid in finding a truck locally. More money, but I get a SWEET DVD/NAV/MP3/CD head unit & the low end that the audiophile just can't match. An 8" driver can only push so much air!

Old 04-27-2004, 11:49 PM
fordguy61mi
Senior User
Originally Posted by dzervit
An 8" driver can only push so much air!
I must be getting old. My *** is vibrating enough from the 8 inch sub. I'm getting enuf air pushed up my a$$. Or maybe that's the driveline vibration problem everyone is talking about? I guess I better turn off the Audiophile one time and see if it's the sub woofer or not.

Old 04-28-2004, 08:38 AM
dzervit
Senior User
That's the problem - it vibrates when it should be rumbling!! Your missing out on a lot!

Old 04-28-2004, 02:42 PM
fordguy61mi
Senior User
Originally Posted by dzervit
That's the problem - it vibrates when it should be rumbling!! Your missing out on a lot!
Rumbling? Would that be the thumping noise coming out of the little cars that the kids drive by my house all the time. Oh HELL no!!! LOL!

Old 04-28-2004, 02:47 PM
dzervit
Senior User
Originally Posted by fordguy61mi
Rumbling? Would that be the thumping noise coming out of the little cars that the kids drive by my house all the time. Oh HELL no!!! LOL!
Nope, there's difference! You hit the nail on the head with 'thumping'! Anything larger than a 10" driver in a small vehicle is nuts. Those tiny cars with dual 15s and 1000w to push them.... insane! But a 10" and the right power can produce very dramatic results over the stock 8" (without tickin' off the neighbors).

Old 04-28-2004, 04:40 PM
fordguy61mi
Senior User
Well if you have all that stuff already I say go for it! I'll stick to my stock unit, it does fine for me. Have fun!