2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration's=Fords losing customers

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 07:52 AM
joe martin
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vibration's=Fords losing customers

After owing a total of 4 Ford F-150's,from 1990 to 2004, I get this vibrating lemon.(2004-F-150-xlt-4x4) Fords answer is its vibrating just as they designed it to. From the prior polls, aprox. 30 % of the new F-150's vibrate I could understand if Ford acknowledged there was a problem and they were working on it,but by dening it they stand to loose lifetime customers.All I want now is to get out of this truck and into something that's not vibrating.

Old 04-27-2004, 08:09 AM
fordguy61mi
Senior User
You might not get much response to your thread, Joe. This topic has been beat to death. Do a search on "Vibration" and you'll probably come up with all sorts of info. and people with the same problem and frustrations. Sorry about your truck, man.

Old 04-27-2004, 09:57 AM
clemensd
Junior User
Oh I loved the explaination the Ford rep gave me "we have to stand behind our dealer", like they are the ones paying the bills there at Ford.

Old 04-27-2004, 10:58 AM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I do feel for any one that's got a vibration problem with their truck. But we've delivered AT LEAST 100 new F-150s at our dealership since it came out, and I swear to God that NOT ONE SINGLE customer of ours has complained of a vibration. So where exactly do we get this 30% number from? Polls on this website? I'm sorry, my friend, but they aren't even close to being statistically accurate. If you've got a truck that isn't vibrating, that isn't gving you any trouble, are you going to search out a website and tell the world? Of course not. But you WILL search the 'Net for a site that might be able to help you with a problem that Ford won't or can't. You can't go by polls here and say that 1/3 of ALL F-150s have a vibration problem. It would be the same if Rush Limbaugh said that only 2% of Americans will vote for Kerry, because he polled HIS LISTENERS, and 98% of them said they were going to vote for Bush. No kidding.

Old 04-27-2004, 12:30 PM
joe martin
Freshman User
vibration--30%

1956mark-when I first encountered this vibration at 1000 miles Ford balanced the tires,the truck still vibrated.they told me this was normal ,they even let me drive 3 similar F-150's on there lot, and yes 2 out of the 3 that I test drove had the same vibration.I asked the service rep how was be going to get the non- vibrating F-150 to start vibrating as normal. I also went to another dealership and test drove 4 more F-150's off the lot and 3 of those had a vibration ,when I pointed this out to the salesman he agreed he felt the vibration ,stating it was probly a tire problem and if I was interested he would have the tires rebalanced and I could go for another test drive.I told him I would stop back the next day, he rebalanced and I drove the F-150 and it still vibrated ,I left and told him to call me when he got it fixed .I'm still waiting . I've also had numerous conversations with other f-150 owners who are also plagued with this vibration,this is not just limited to a few vehicles .IT NOT A SMALL PERCENTAGE

Old 04-27-2004, 12:43 PM
Labrador
Senior User
1956MarkII
My service manger told me that 1 out of 4 new trucks have some type of driveline vibration. Some more than my truck and some less. So there is at least 25%.

Old 04-27-2004, 01:01 PM
joe martin
Freshman User
Vibration 30%

Labrador, I agree it has to be 25--30% of these F-150's that have a vibration problem or Ford would not have come out with the vibration dampening kit. This kit is nothing more than band-aid to cover up a defect that Ford cant or don't want to find the fix for

Old 04-27-2004, 01:04 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by joe martin
...they even let me drive 3 similar F-150's on there lot, and yes 2 out of the 3 that I test drove had the same vibration...
How far did you drive the other trucks? Yeah, mine shakes when I first drive off, if the truck has sat overnight. Within 1 mile, the shake goes away. If that's anything other than flat spots on the tires, then someone please explain to me what it is. Since it goes away in 1 mile of driving, I don't even think about it. So, if that's how far you drove the ones on the lot, then it may be just a tire problem.

If anyone would like to talk to our service manager, his name is Guy Kalpin. He'll tell you the same thing: NO ONE has complained to us about a vibration. I'm not doubting for a moment that SOME people have a vibration issue. The question is HOW MANY trucks have this problem. You all say 25-30%. Our customers, so far, have told us 0%. Maybe the true number is somewhere in the middle? I don't know. If you all want to believe it's 30%, then I suggest you re-read my Rush Limbaugh analogy. It just might be 30%, but a poll on FTE is not an accurate method for determining how many Ford trucks have problems.

Old 04-27-2004, 01:08 PM
68torino
Posting Guru
I have read these posts on the 'vibration'. I am wondering what kind of vibration is it and has everyone with a 'vibration' had the same kind?

Old 04-27-2004, 01:53 PM
superdarren
Junior User
Problem here

I'm not off spouting statistics or anything but I do know that I have a problem. Nothing major but my steering wheel definitely vibrates when I drive above 68 mph. The reason I don't believe this is as big a cover up as everyone is making it is that everyone seems to have a diferent vibration. If this was something that Ford could fix then most people would have to be having a similar problem. Not that I am happy with my problme but if my alignment shop couldn't fix it then I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Old 04-27-2004, 02:10 PM
joe martin
Freshman User
Vibration-30%

1956Mark
when you are driving along at 50 mph and your vehicle's vibrating and you shift from drive to neutral and the vibration goes away ,thats a sure sign the vibration is in the drivetrain, not the tires.
Now your dealership may have no complaints, but the dealership down the road may have 500,why dont the boys at Ford to take an HONEST poll just to see how big the problem really is. No,they tell everybody vehicle is operating as designed ,that way its not listed as a defect .
Then you try calling the Ford customer relations 800 line ,and you realize that the 800 # is nothing more than a marketing tool,because you can not talk to anyone who has the authority to do anything,they call the dealer and repeat what he stated,you ask to speak to someone in authority ,and you get a supervisor who has no authority ,then you realize what a bunch of cr*p ,this was a waste of time.
I've been driving this VIBRATING MACHIE since November,followed allthe ford recomendations to the T ,Its now in the dispute boards hands,if that does not work then I'll go to a LEMON lawyer

Old 04-27-2004, 02:57 PM
CruelCrew
Senior User
When I went in with my vibration concern, the service department easily varified it. Then they test drove each new F-150 on their lot, and guess what....each one had the same vibration.

Can you imagine what it must've cost Ford to engineer, design, test, manufacture, and issue the TSB for the vibration dampener? Big $bucks$. Clearly evidence that there is a big problem.

As for tires with "flat spots" and 100 trucks without a vibration...hogwash.

The percentage or poll numbers don't matter. Because any way you cut it, they're more than the competition's vibration problems.

and 98% of them said they were going to vote for Bush. No kidding.
Well, there's always a couple of idiots.

God bless President Bush and our freedom in the United States of America. Never forget 9-11.

Last edited by CruelCrew; 04-27-2004 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:05 PM
Labrador
Senior User
1956MarkII
If you don't have any problems that's good for you. If you don’t like our venting about problems with our trucks don’t read or post to them. Just walk away because you are just making the post longer.

Old 04-27-2004, 03:08 PM
2004supacrewlariat
Senior User
Originally Posted by clemensd
Oh I loved the explaination the Ford rep gave me "we have to stand behind our dealer", like they are the ones paying the bills there at Ford.
Would that be "Stand behind the dealer", or "Hide behind the dealer"?

Old 04-27-2004, 03:14 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by CruelCrew
...never forget 9-11...
I won't forget being referred to as an "idiot," either. You guys are on your own in the future. Good luck in dealing with Ford and your local Ford dealer: you'll need it.

Last edited by 1956MarkII; 04-27-2004 at 03:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Vibration's=Fords losing customers