Tornado®

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 10:40 AM
elt449
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Tornado®

Ok, you want more power out of your 4.6, you also want better gas milage.

The first thing to look at is the Air flow. Get rid of that OE paper filter and get a K&N® or something you like better. Instant 2 to 4 Hpwr increase. Then get a Tornado®, a simple device that goes POST air filter collector box. this little baby will put a twist in the air going into your engine and you will instanly feel a differance. It took me literally ONLY 30 seconds to install mine and I haven't looked back.

Just try one. you'll be amazed.

Old 04-25-2004, 10:10 PM
03f150man
Elder User
tornado devices are junk, totally limp and a large waste of money.

Old 04-26-2004, 07:47 AM
elt449
Junior User
To each his own opinion.

Personally, I bought mine at a local shop, installed it and Noticed an increase in both power and milage right away. It came with a 60 day money back, no questions asked guarentee. What did I have to lose?

On my trip down from Ohio to Florida, I went from having to stop at a gas station every 250-270 miles to 350-365 miles. Thas a huge increase.

(By the way, I don't sell them, I don't make money from them,) I just bought one and figured I would share my experience with a product I found that works. Some people swear by them, some say they are junk. Just like those who own or have owned a GM product!

Old 04-26-2004, 08:55 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
They are junk, and anyone who believes they aren't knows little about how engines work. What you are experiencing is a placebo effect.

Old 04-26-2004, 10:22 AM
BrianA
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So, let's see....
A few bucks at the local auto parts store, 30 seconds to install, and you see a 40% increase in fuel mileage.
Am I to believe that Ford would not be able to determine the efficiency of such a device, in an era where there is a push to switch to 5W20 oil for the slight increase in mpg? CAFE numbers mean a lot to manufacturers!
I can't believe that if such simple "technology" could boost fuel economy by 40% it would not already be a part of the intake system.
Also, I refer you to .....
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=216168

Old 04-26-2004, 10:39 AM
AG4.0
Posting Guru
If anyone wants the one I took out of my current ranger, all you have to do is pay the postage and it's yours. I got better mileage after I took it out.

Old 04-26-2004, 01:52 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Unfortunately, many people get duped. Its really not their fault either. The companies making these things use slick quasi-science in their marketing, testimonials from "experts" in the industry (they are actually paid to say it), etc.

I fell for the Slick 50s thing in the late 1980s before I knew how teflon works. Not my fault really, they count on consumer ignorance and thankfully the Internet, in some cases, helps prevent this sort of thing. Lots of people swore Slick 50 did wonders for their vehicle.... but that didn't stop the Federal Trade Commision from putting a stop to Slick 50's false advertising.

Learn from those who have watched their money disappear on gimmicks --- most people, including myself, have fallen for something at least once. Its a hard pill to swallow, especially for men (egos), which is probably why many people will convince themselves something that doesn't work really does. The trick is to admit you're been suckered and be a skeptic next time!

Old 04-26-2004, 02:04 PM
AG4.0
Posting Guru
I'll say that I wish I would have found this site before I spent the money on it. Since the Tornado, I have spent my money much more wisely on things that actually do give you power and mileage, although you should always buy them with the power in mind because the mileage will never pay for it self. It can be a nice benefit and help justify it to the wife if need be. But for about $700, I have bought an intake, a Gibson cat-back exhaust, and a Diablo chip and all 3 made differences with the chip being the best and the intake being the least.

Old 04-29-2004, 06:58 AM
unit5alive
Senior User
Mine made no difference at all, over 3 tanks of gas! but i know someone that is getting 1 mpg better in an expedition.