FTE At The 2004 F-100 Supernationals

Old 04-24-2004, 11:21 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
FTE At The 2004 F-100 Supernationals

FTE will be at this year's F-100 Supernationals.

I'm closing all threads I find regarding this topic and redirecting them here so we can have a centralized discussion area.

This year's show is in Knoxville, Tennessee at Chilhowee Park from May 13-15. Here's the "official" page for the event:

http://www.f100supernationals.com/

Let's hear the ideas for get-togethers, show attendance, etc....

Old 04-25-2004, 12:31 AM
X-1
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The last stop before Knoxville for the super tour from California will be in Jackson Tn on the 11th, that is where I live so I am going to take the day off to hopefully meet up with them, I also e-mailed them to offer any local help that I could. Can't wait to see them roll thru here.

Old 04-25-2004, 12:45 AM
kjrf100
Freshman User
Planning on arriving Wed.

My plans are to be there on Wed. I'm scheduled for my 6th back surgery on April 28th Wed. just hoping it all goes well! I've made the last 7 and sure would hate to miss it!! Keith

Old 04-25-2004, 09:21 AM
MustangGT221
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I am going on a road trip around that time, so we might be going there, probably the 14th or 15th. I don't know the area at all so I have no idea ha.

Old 04-25-2004, 10:28 AM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Ken, are we going to have a meeting place for FTE members? and how many of this sites sponsors will be present?and can you provide their booth numbers? just want to know in case i decide to go.

Old 04-25-2004, 12:29 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
You guys decide on the meeting place. I will not organize any of this myself. I did that several years in a row turning what should have been a fun trips into something I had to worry about.

I don't know about any of the site sponsors being there, I'm making this a please, not business trip. You guys make the plans, I'll show up. Only thing I'm bring along are cards we can use to id each other in a crowd.

Old 04-25-2004, 07:50 PM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 712 Likes on 256 Posts
edited info from the 48-60 site

hey guys

we've been discussing this for several months on the 48-60 forum... here's some hotel info and general blather about it... keep in mind the hotel situation is getting critical... rooms for wed-sat will be hard to find.... 18 days to go wooooo... hoooooo

clip begins here....

later

john

Jet Jock 09-23-2003 09:17 AM

New Location for Supernats???

Well a couple thoughts. First don't promise your wife, children or important other that it is only 20 minutes away from Pigeon Forge. The park is 15 miles futher South on 75/40. Now the kicker is that it is 15-20 minutes from the Grand to the interstate. Allow 45 minutes for the family to get to PF or Dollywood.

There are a bunch of hotels at exit 398 about 6 miles away if someone wants the names I will be glad to get since I pass there on my way to work. The hotels there Hampton, Fairfield, and the like do not have resturants or adult beverages. The Hilton downtown is nice and does have adult beverages, pool, and resturant in the hotel, if someone wants me to check on a group rate there I can do that. I think we can probably save some room $$ if we book rooms as a group. I will call the Fairfield and price that as I stay in the Fairfield at the airport 120 nights per year at $40 per night.

All things considered I think the show and the show site will be much better but the convience and other attractions for the family are much less.

Oh well we go for the show, right?

Bill

Jet Jock 09-23-2003 05:40 PM
New Location for Supernats??? Here is hotel rates if we stay as a group of 10-15 roomsHilton Downtown 10-12 min pool, bar, restruant $79 PLUS TAXFairfield Inn 10 min approx $70 pool (might be a little less)Fairfield Inn Airport approx $60 pool I would vote for the Hilton, iit is nice. Anyone interested in putting a group together respond on this thread. I will set everything up if everyone wants that.Bill

fatfenders 09-24-2003 07:56 PM
New Location for Supernats??? BillI'll go ahead and say what I suspect others may be thinking. (Others, please don't hesistate to tell me to sit back down if I got this wrong). Here goes. There were clean hotels for half that price in PF. Are we looking at much higher room rates in Knoxville? I enjoyed the Parkview very much. It was dirt cheap, but wasn't a dive at all. Priced in the thirties as I recall until the weekend. It wasn't the Hilton of course. I appreciate your efforts on this Bill, please don't be offended, but you probaby better start with a couple options for the guys. I think it's a neat idea if we had a group location. Meeting you guys this year made the 'Nats the most fun I've had in quite a while.

jrs effie 09-24-2003 09:40 PM
New Location for Supernats??? Say it isn't so, do you mean to tell me we might actually get to DRIVE our trucks once we get there ? How will we get our exercize if we don't have to walk everywhere ? Here's a thought that hasn't been brought up though, will the guys with the high dollar trucks have to buy OPEN trailers so they can cruise around town and show off their pride and joy too ?Did I say that outloud ? oops

Jet Jock 09-25-2003 08:46 AM
fendersI have checked with the Fairfield Inn at exit 398 and they are $79 also. There are a couple of cheaper hotels say mid fifty range at exit 398 (having flash backs of your Family Inn yet?). Here is the scoop I talked with the events manager for Fairfield Inn and she already knew the show was scheduled when i mentioned the dates, their normal rate for events at the park is $89. This is not like PF, there are enough hotels but not too many like PF and they are not nearly as cheap. If you want to stay out near the airport (20 minute drive to the park) I can get you in the Fairfield for about $50. I am not trying to sell for Fairfield Inn but I stay 3 nights every week in the one at the airport and I know the events manager, she is over both locations. I will try to find out whatever info the group wants, but so far you are the only person that has responded.One consideration is having something for the family and children to do. The Knoxville Zoo is a mile away from the park that will take part of one day, Dollywood is 45 minutes away, but there is not a lot for kids to do near the park, as far as I know. I am willing to do the footwork but I need input to make it happen.Bill

Jet Jock 09-26-2003 12:46 PM
Rate at Fairfield Inn exit 398 I nego the rate for rooms of $65 per night regular rate $89. If you are interested tell them you are with the FTE group and make reservations thruPortia MckeeDirector of SalesFairfield Inn865-984-9350(Click Here to find out why email addresses are removed from posts.)Bill

Jet Jock 09-28-2003 08:16 PM
Other Hotels After a trip through the area here at the hotels I found and the published rate if one was publishedThe show exits are Exit 390 & 392.1) Sunbeam Motel exit 394 no published price 2) Baymont Inn & Suites exit 398 no published price3) Super 8 Motel exit 398 no published price4) Comfort Inn exit 398 no published price5) Holiday Inn Express exit 398 no published price6) Red Carpet Inn exit 390 Rate 39.997) Arrow Motel exit 398 $23.998) Ramada Inn Limited exit 398 no published price9) Days Inn exit 394 no published price10) Hampton Inn exit 398 no published price11) Family Inn exit 392 $28.00 12) Country Suites exit 398 phone 800-456-450013) Gateway Inn exit 394 $24.9514) Fairfield Inn exit 398 special FTE rate $65.0015) Hilton Knoxville Downtown special FTE rate $79.00These are all the hotel/motels I found close. They range from very nice to very marginal. PJI agree about the significant other not wanting 3 days of trucks. I am leaning toward something with a pool and resturant in or very close. You know what they say "if Momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy". I have tried to live by those words of wisdom for the last 28 years. There are 2 malls in Knoxville for the shopping crowd but the best shopping is the outlet malls of Pigeon Forge. Bill

Old 04-25-2004, 07:52 PM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 712 Likes on 256 Posts
hit the post size wall.... here's the rest

john

fatfenders 09-30-2003 04:52 PM
"I didn't realize anyone hung out together for the cruise. I wandered around by myself for a few hours because I didn't have anything better to do after dinner. "KevinPurple didn't tell you? Most of us hung out in front of the Parkview in lawn chairs every night, drinking beer out of coffee cups (is Knoxville dry BTW?) and laughing at the air bagged trucks hopping down the BLVD. Most fun I've had all year and I really mean that. Really got to know each other. That's why we can come on here ranting and raving and everyone just says "Ya whatever, Shut the hell up Joe, Dewayne or whomever." We'll definitely plan some informal social activities again and get to know each other better. Bill can bring his truck and we'll spill beer in his new interior.

PJS55 09-30-2003 07:49 PM
Forgive me for not looking up the site or any of the surrounding areas and hotel locations but how far are these hotels previously mentioned from the show site. is walking to the site from any decent hotel out of the question.The kibitzing on the Parkview front lawn was the highlight of the year for me as well, although the gatherings at the various eating establishmnets came a close second. That's why I like the idea of a front lawn of a more spralling single story hotel a little better as well. Is this out of the question.I guess i'm going to have to do a MAPquest look see to get a better idea of this area, not ever have been in this particular local before.Again, I do appreciate any and all efforts to get us together for next year's events and will certainly follow the lead of anyone who proceeds with getting hotel rooms.

tacson 10-11-2003 10:33 PM
Guys,I just got back from a cookout with the Music City F100 club here in Nasville, TN. The early consensus is that the Baymont will be the club's hotel of choice. Ron Holland, the brother of Dale Holland who MC's the F100 Nats, was there he handed out flyers and answered whatever questions he could. The fairgrounds will open at 6:00 AM EST and close at 10 PM EST. if you are in at 10 your in night. There was a Registration form for the 26th Annual F100 in Knoxville and a form to send to Knoxville Tourism Department to handle reservations at the hotels that were listed. The judging will be drive thru by year. First 53's then 54's and so on... The vendors will be on the North side of the Fairgrounds like the set up for the Street Nationals which is held two weeks prior. If you have preregistered you will receive a sticker for your windshield so that you can just drive onto the fairgrounds daily without being stopped. As long as it is in a spot where it can be seen. Pat Ford is slated to be in Atlanta next Saturday at the truck show the Georgia Lo-riders are having at the Ford Pant out by the Airport. Some of us from the club here in Nashville are planning to goto it. Thanks Donald

jniolon 10-16-2003 12:28 PM
how bout this how bout this one Bill ???http://www.baymontinns.com/template....=0504john:-X06

ddurant 10-16-2003 12:35 PM
the Baymont looks good. does anyone know if it will be a problem parking a pickup and trailer. my truck is stock not a trailer queen, don't think it can take the 1000 mile round trip. i know i can't.

Jet Jock 10-17-2003 01:10 PM
John That looks better. The only question I have is the small print said some amenities may not be available at this location....did you see the blonde getting out of the pool? I need to resolve that before I book.The rate will be $65 per night. Your reservation has to be booked through the visitors group. Their phone number is 866-790-5373, then you must request the Baymont at Strawberry Plains Exit 398. If everyone else is thinking of staying there and after hours at Ruby Tuesday's ( walking distance to Baymont) I will go ahead and book now. This location is about 7 miles from the show site.For those interested I drove by the grounds yesterday and there are 2 Mom & Pop hotels within walking distance (1/2 mile). First is the Econmy Inn Hotel and the other is a little further away I think the name was The Modern hotel. On a scale of 4 stars these are 1.5 IMO.DaleI will drive through the parking lot next week and check for trailer friendly parking, but I think just driving by on the highway, it will be fine.Bill

tacson 10-19-2003 08:46 AM
Bill and gang,I booked my reservation online Friday for the Baymont for Wednesday thru Friday night. I normally do not go to the awards show. Once the parade is over I normally drive on back home. I went to the Georgia Lo-riders show yesterday in Atlanta. The Non-Profit Truckers, who put on the Chimney Rock show, confirmed that they were staying at the Super 8. I did not find out where the Lo-riders were going to stay. Music City F100 club will be at the Baymont.

Fat Fendered Ford 12-02-2003 02:40 PM
room rates The official SuperNationals site (www.f100supernationals.com) recently posted a room rates document. It's a rather large Word document (500k) so I posted the information below. I don't know how long before this information becomes outdated so keep that in mind. These are supposed to be negotiated rates and they are higher than what JetJock found???F-100 SUPERNATIONALS AND FORD FAMILY REUNION2004 RESERVATION REQUESTThe Knoxville Tourism and Sports Corporation extends you a warm welcome on behalf of the City of Knoxville and the great State of Tennessee! We are proud to serve as your reservation center for the 2004 F-100 Supernationals. Please read thoroughly before proceeding. Reservations are made on a first-come, first-serve basis. To insure the location you desire, please make your reservations early. All requests must be made before April 10, 2004. Reservations after the cut-off date must be made directly by you with the hotel and may not qualify for the special rate.There are three ways you can make your reservations:Mail the completed form to: Knoxville Tourism & Sports CorporationAttention: Housing Department601 W. Summit Hill Avenue, Suite 200BKnoxville, TN 37902Or, Fax the completed form to: 865-673-4400Or, go On-line at www.housingweb.net and type in the F-100 code 2033. If you use the on-line reservation system, please DO NOT mail or fax this form as your reservation may be duplicated.All rooms must be guaranteed by credit card or by mailing a deposit equal to one night’s charge DIRECTLY TO THE HOTEL AFTER YOU RECEIVE YOUR CONFIRMATION. PLEASE DO NOT MAIL THE DEPOSIT TO THE KNOXVILLE TOURISM & SPORTS CORPORATION.Every effort will be made to assign your hotel according to the order of choices you have listed. You will receive confirmation from the hotel. Changes should be made with us before the cut-off date of April 10, 2004. After this date, please call the hotel directly to make changes. Please - only one reservation per form.If you have questions or need further information, please call us at 866-790-5373 (toll free) during business hours, 8:30am-5:00pm EST, Monday-Friday. No reservations can be made by phone.--DETACH AND MAIL OR FAX--ALL INFORMATION IS REQUIRED OR THE RESERVATION WILL BE RETURNEDNAMEPHONE ( )ADDRESS CITYSTATEZIP CODECREDIT CARD NO.EXP. DATECARD HOLDER’S NAMEARRIVAL DATEDEPART DATEHOTEL CHOICE:#1#2#3F-100 SUPERNATIONAL TRUCK SHOWHOTEL LISTING*BAYMONT INN & SUITES $65.00COMFORT INN $79.00COUNTRY INN & SUITES $75.00DAYS INN $75.00FAIRFIELD INN $79.00HAMPTON INN $89.00HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS $72.95RAMADA LIMITED $65.00*SUPER 8 $63.00HILTON$89.00HOLIDAY INN SELECT$84.00MARRIOTT$89.00RADISSON$85.00*Host Hotels.**Rates listed do not include local & state taxes.ALL HOTELS ARE WITHIN A 7 TO 10 MINUTE DRIVE FROM CHILHOWEE PARK (REMEMBER – RESERVATION CUT OFF DATE IS APRIL 10, 2004)--DETACH AND MAIL OR FAX--KNOXVILLE CAMPGROUNDSSOUTHLAKE CAMPGROUND3730 OLD MARYVILLE PIKEKNOXVILLE, TN 37920865-573-1837Full RV Hook-up - $25.00 plus tax – per nightPartial RV Hook-up - $22.00 plus tax – per nightTent Set-up - $18.00 plus tax – per nightSouthlake Campground requests one night’s deposit in advance (cannot accept credit cards over the telephone). 10% off rental when you mention that you are attending the F-100 Supernationals. They also accept discount cards such as AAA and AARP.VOLUNTEER PARK CAMP RESORT9514 DIGGS Gap RoadHEISKELL, TN 37754865-938-6600 or 800-238-9644RV Rental - $60.00 plus tax – per nightFull RV Hook-up - $25.00 plus tax – per nightTent Set-up - $18.00 plus tax – per night (without water and electricity) Tent Set-up - $20.00 plus tax – per night (with water and electricity)Volunteer Park Camp Resort will accept credit card guarantee by telephone or you may mail one night’s deposit in advance.10% off rental when you mention that you are attending the F-100 Supernationals. They also accept discount cards such as AAA and AARP.Enjoy!

Old 04-25-2004, 11:11 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Thanks! I'll be bringing goodies for all the FTE folks!

Old 04-26-2004, 12:13 AM
X-1
Senior User
been watching this thread, but what happened???
Never mind, now it's back. Wierd

Old 04-26-2004, 04:46 AM
tlb
Elder User

My wife and i are going to be there on friday and saturday. We are staying at the Hilton downtown. The rate was 89.00/night. Room tax is extra. probably an additional 12.00/night.

Terry

Old 04-26-2004, 05:37 AM
shortbed1
Senior User
f110 supernats

My son and i will be coming up on the 13th staying till sat. Have resevations at the holiday inn select downtown can someone tell me where this is in relation to chilhowee. Thanks and cant wait this is my first f100 show CHUCK

Old 04-26-2004, 06:52 AM
William
Logistics Pro
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Erika and I will drive up Friday, do the show and stay overnight at the Hilton on Church Street. I have checked the map and this location seems fairly close to the show. The Hilton has a restaraunt and bar so we will relax there Friday evening. Saturday we will visit the show one more time and then drive back to Atlanta. Hope to see some of you there.

Old 04-27-2004, 06:41 AM
bigjack
Elder User
Originally Posted by shortbed1
My son and i will be coming up on the 13th staying till sat. Have resevations at the holiday inn select downtown can someone tell me where this is in relation to chilhowee. Thanks and cant wait this is my first f100 show CHUCK
The address at chilhowee is, 3301 E Magnolia Ave. If you go to yahoo maps for that address you can click on the Holiday Inn sign and it will show where your motel is in relation to the park.
Use this link. Hit the zoom out button twice and the red star is chilhowee, the Holiday Inn sign on the bottom left should be your motel.
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed...Key=HolidayInn

Last edited by bigjack; 04-27-2004 at 06:46 AM.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:01 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Okay... hotels aside, what do we all want to do while there (besides drool over trucks!)???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FTE At The 2004 F-100 Supernationals