Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New York Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2004, 09:28 AM
Elder User

cowlady is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exclamation Banners, t shirts & cards - let's do it!

Our friends in the Kansas Chapter have designed their own state banners & shirts. They have graciuosly offered their help to us in getting these items for our Chapter!
If anyone here has ideas or designs please post them. I'm not any good in designing or with Photoshop so I have to rely on YOU to come up with suggestions & ideas!
Please submit some feedback so we can start choosing our own Chapter design ok? As for the business cards we can go with the FTE logo or an FTE/NYS design. I'll leave that decision up to you too! Thanks in advance!
Cowlady/Angela

I have trust in my country, confidence in my truck & faith in God!
'97 F150 XLT ORP 4X4,4.6
Old 04-24-2004, 12:32 PM
Senior User

hisjr is starting off with a positive reputation.
what are the restrictions on the design.
can we use the ford logo.
do we want something simple (which is cheaper to print) or are we looking for a detailed design.
i'm getting new software next weekend and i'd like to help out.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:01 AM
Elder User

I'll email Ken & find out hisjr. Thanks for offering to help! I'm not artistic at all! I can't even draw a straight line with a ruler - my nails hang over the edge & you get _______bump__bump________! LOL!
What I'd like to see are suggestions from everyone on what to include. I once had cards showing the Statue of Liberty but that may be too reigional. I'd like to see something about 9/11 - maybe just the line "We will remember - 9/11/01" but ONLY if nobody objects.
Start posting ideas ok? There's no rush of course but it would be nice to start on this. Summer will be here soon (or so it's been rumored here in Buffalo!) & we can hand cards out at shows & events! Thanks again!

'97 F150 XLT ORP 4X4,4.6
Old 04-25-2004, 11:28 AM
Senior User

i think if we include anything related to 9/11 it should be minimal. i dont know if the rest of ny knows but the media inundates us in the city with 9/11 everyday still. its also gotten ugly with all the fights over money and we're constantly hearing about abusive situations related to benefits. i think at the most we should include a ribbon and lets stick to a nice design that represents trucks and all of ny.
Old 04-25-2004, 03:12 PM
Elder User

That sounds perfect hisjr! I just want to pay tribute to those who died that day & a ribbon would be great! Can it be a flag ribbon? I've seen some & they were very tasteful & yet sublime.
What about the rest of it? State outline? Just the words "NY Chapter"? The state outline would definitely make it known this is not just a NYC group so it won't deter guys/girls from the rest of the state. Forget the Sate Bird/Flower as most people wouldn't know what they are! LOL! We definitely need to include the trucks of course. Hit me with your ideas!

'97 F150 XLT ORP 4X4,4.6
Old 04-25-2004, 08:23 PM
Senior User

that sound good. i havent seen the flag you're talking about. can you email me a picture so i can include it in the design.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:42 PM
Senior User

ST_Wilson is starting off with a positive reputation.
how about going for a Ford "generations" type deal... you know, something that includes a few different year models to show Fords been here in NY for a long time and is still kicking bootie. The though was inspired because a friend just got a '04 f250, his dad has a '90'ish f350 and I bought my '78 f250 from his dad in '91 and I was thinking about trying to get a pic of the three of em but mine looks like such a roasted turd now that I hate to aim an innocent camera at it!!!
Old 04-30-2004, 09:30 AM
Senior User

i was thinking of something similar. trucks, suv's in a circle around the state flag. i'm waiting to get the pic of the flag cowlady said she saw. i'm working on a flag in the shape of a truck right now.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:59 AM
Elder User

I really like the idea of a variety of trucks/models/years! It will prevent people from feeling left out!
Which flag are you talking about? NYS or US? Maybe we can have a small flag of both of them on the card? As for the flag ribbon hisjr - I saw it on a truck in Rochester - don't know if I'll see that truck again! If I do I'll stop/follow him & get more details. Basically it was the ribbon we all know but the "color" was the American flag as opposed to a solid color like pink or yellow. Am I making sense? I usually don't so feel free to tell me if you don't understand me - nobody ever does!! LOL!

'97 F150 XLT ORP 4X4,4.6
Old 05-01-2004, 10:51 AM
Senior User

i didnt get my new software yet. i'm trying to find a good deal but i've been working with the basics and i can email you what i've started with.
Old 05-01-2004, 10:58 AM
Elder User

Sounds great hisjr! There's no rush - I ordered "generic" cards today w/a tach on them just to be able to start carding trucks! We'd still need to have everyone vote on a final design too. Thanks for all your help!

'97 F150 XLT ORP 4X4,4.6
Old 05-01-2004, 09:02 PM
Senior User

i have a design for the cards in the future too. someone please throw a block so i can get this software on ebay. as soon as i get the software i'll go to work.

also if any members have picture or ideas they want to incorporate into it please let me know.
Old 05-02-2004, 03:58 PM
Elder User

What software do you need hisjr? I know nothing about this stuff so be very detailed! LOL!

'97 F150 XLT ORP 4X4,4.6
Old 05-02-2004, 04:34 PM
Senior User

i'm looking at the corel draw graphic 12 suite and the paint shop pro suite along with art explosion clip art. i heard corels is a great suite and it has great features. the software allows you to design and add texture or graphics like chrome, mirror or glass reflections, leather texture, etc.

Last edited by hisjr; 05-02-2004 at 04:36 PM.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:11 PM
Freshman User

Cliffdogg is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have photoshop, I can do something too. I'll work on it and post it. If we want mugs, license plate covers, hats etc... I can put any of those logos on them, let me know. Did I mention I make t-shirts?

Cliff
Old 05-24-2004, 06:11 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New York Chapter