Joining chapters

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 04:37 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, thanks guys. I am listed as the Leader so I guess it is all set. Now, I just gotta recruit some people......and maybe sway some Americans! Nahhhhh....never mind!

-Matt

Old 05-24-2004, 06:10 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I ,also, think it would be a good idea to have a Chapter Leaders forum, that only we can access....with the exception of the moderators, admin, etc. But it really isn't an absolute necessity. We can post in this forum and as long as each Chapter Leader is aware of keeping an eye out here, we ought to be able to discuss just about anything and come to some agreement on policies so that we can be consistent. Our rules, etc, should be as similar as possible so that we can be fair to everyone.

Thanks Ken for answering my question about the number of posts needed to join. I don't think anyone would be upset if there were no minimum amount of posts for Chapter membership. I guess that's one topic we can discuss in another thread, eh?

As for approving members, I think the way it's set up now is just fine. I will start a thread in my chapter and see if anyone wants a minimum number of posts and/or time signed up with FTE to be eligible for membership.

I'll check in on this forum regularly and see what's going on with the other leaders. It's always good to brainstorm things before initiating a policy or procedure.

Old 05-25-2004, 01:46 PM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think that it wouldn't be a bad idea to set up guidelines for Chapter members. IMO it could be as simple as minimum of 1 post in the Chapter forum every 30 days. We've got 44 memebers now in the NW Chapter but only 8 or 9 who post on a regular basis. I have quite a few members who have never posted there! I feel there should be a little participation to remain part of the chapter. Maybe as things progress we'll figure out a way to make it happen.

Old 05-25-2004, 01:59 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I am seeing everyone so far is in somewhat of an agreement about guidelines. I think we should keep this idea active so it doesn't get forgotten. There has been a time limit set for chapters to get their leaders in place so after that we should bring this up for discussion and try and come up with some basic common guidelines. There will be differences from chapter to chapter I’m sure and not all rules will fit each chapter but there should be some room for a basic set of guidelines to start with that allows continuity between chapters. In the mean time we can start shaking out ideas for these guidelines and start discussing them amongst us.

Again that’s just my 2-cents worth

Old 05-25-2004, 04:32 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

I posted a poll, in the "Drifters" forum, to see what others think of membership guidelines. You may want to pass it on to your members, to go there and vote and at the end of the 30 day time limit, I'll let you all know the results...or you can go vote and see them yourselves. I'm going to abstain from voting until close to the end...and then only if there's a tie that needs to be broken.

If you have an idea for a poll to help us decide chapter criteria and procedures, let us all know and we'll pass it on and check it out. Seems like a good way to start this ball rolling, eh?

I'm also brainstorming a logo for my chapter. I guess I'm kinda lucky we are named what we are...it gives many options for a logo, other than a state shape. As soon as I can get the lettering done on both pics I'm working on, I'll put them in my "hidden" album or get a moderator to post them for me in the logo link in my group's forum. Hmmm... a name other than "The Florida Chapter" ( for example ) for each chapter could be interesting..and also if catchy enough could draw more members who'd love to wear a tee shirt with the chapter's "Name". I wonder if admin care if we all do something like that? They said that what we do after the chapters get their leaders elected is up to us. ( toothy grin ) (If we want to get really gung ho and make a big effort at getting this off the ground, anyhoo.)

The only problem with the name of my chapter, is that if each state eventually wants to "drift" off into their own chapter, as some in mine are already doing...the "Drifters" could eventually fall apart. But..I'll cross that bridge if I ever get to it.

Last edited by Fordlover1951; 05-25-2004 at 04:37 PM. Reason: making bold words that didn't bold the first time
Old 05-25-2004, 08:31 PM
cowlady
Elder User
Count me in! I think it's a great idea to come up with set guidelines so there isnt a random way of operating the Chapters. I also like the idea of a Leader's Forum.
Let me know how I can help ok?

Old 05-25-2004, 08:43 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Originally Posted by cowlady
Count me in! I think it's a great idea to come up with set guidelines so there isnt a random way of operating the Chapters. I also like the idea of a Leader's Forum.
Let me know how I can help ok?
Just check in here regularly. So far this is our hang out and "plotting" forum...at least until and IF we get a forum of our own.

Old 05-25-2004, 09:31 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Glad to see you Angela. As "fordlover1951" just stated this seems to be the place where we are all getting together for now. Mainly looking for ideas and throwing them back and forth until everyone has chosen a leader. Keep watch. And chip in with your thoughts.

Old 05-25-2004, 11:07 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
i posted a thread asking O.C.'s members imput on some of what is being discussed and asked them to read other chapters discussion's and to give there thought's on this, after all it is there chapter that will be affected by any new rules.
i just want do things that will help promote growth and more activity in our chapter's.
with this thought in mind, iwas considering holding some contest's with prizes, that would involve member's getting more people to join FTE. and the chapter's, also maybe getting a plant tour arranged for a chapter meeting? i don't know for sure yet ...but i'm just kickin some idea's around....any thought on this..?????????

Old 05-26-2004, 10:06 PM
ANdrewdrice
Elder User
I dont know how, but I need to get the AZ chapter (or the people in AZ) to become more active in our forum; they just dont stop by enough. Maybe have the format of this site hilight or bold the chapter forum title when there are new posts, so the people that brouse the boards to quickly look at the chapters name an tell if there is anything going on; sort of like the topics inside the forum do.

Old 05-26-2004, 10:15 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Smile

I've definitely noticed a lack of interest in getting chapter leaders nominated and elected. check out my chapter...I have a logo designed and just improved it tonight & sent it to Matt ( a moderator ) to attach to my forum to see which one people want as our logo. I might have him lock the thread and start another one to vote on instead.

We gotta do something to draw attention to the chapters and gain interest. I'm hoping that the webmaster incorporates our logos onto the chapter names on the outside of the forums.

I plan on making tee shirts with our logo and selling them at cost at our first meet in NW Montana this August.

Old 05-26-2004, 10:16 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
try e-mailing people and inviting them to stop by more often, start posting event's that are Ford related in your state.list things to do and places to visit...try to give it something worthwhile to stop by..

Old 05-26-2004, 10:18 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Originally Posted by ANdrewdrice
I dont know how, but I need to get the AZ chapter (or the people in AZ) to become more active in our forum; they just dont stop by enough. Maybe have the format of this site hilight or bold the chapter forum title when there are new posts, so the people that brouse the boards to quickly look at the chapters name an tell if there is anything going on; sort of like the topics inside the forum do.
That's something we are all trying to do with our chapters. Create more interest and activity. Hopefully with all the leaders posting together we can as a group come up with ideas to manage this. If we work together and help each other we should be able to make this exciting. Many minds working on a problem will go further than just one. Keep in touch and posting as more leadders join in I hope we can strt making progress. Thanks for posting and the idea has merit. It would be easier if the type was bold.

I too sometimes email the members to notify them of certain posts and events. It is a good way to get them to go look at the forum and I find that when there they will usually look at other posts. Another thing we have done is try and use certain people to help in their area of the state. They can keep in touch with people in their area and keep the ball rolling.

Last edited by fordborn; 05-26-2004 at 10:21 PM.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:47 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
we are starting off with a small core group of people, and "we" hope to grow it from there. and develop it to fit the needs of O.C.'ers

Old 05-27-2004, 04:59 AM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Back to the whole 5 post minimum rule......here is the thread I made in the Ontario Chapter and what some people think about it..... https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=243844 Just FYI.

-Matt

Quick Reply: Joining chapters