2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Home At Last

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 06:47 PM
OTHG_MIKE
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Home At Last

Just parked her in the driveway, a new F150 Latiat super cab. I've been waiting over three months but I think it was worth it. No shimmies or vibrations, good throttle response the bed didn't shake, the power slider doesn't rattle and at 6'3" I can reach over the side of the bed. I think shes a keeper. She's only got a little over a hundred miles on her but I'm happy so far. Bought it from a dealer that sells Ford and Nissan. My salesman quit and the girl that handled my sale works at the Nissan dealership next door. After everything was signed and they were putting the plates on my truck we took out a new Titan super cab for a test drive. I was very impressed, lots of power rode nice and sounded good. Thought I may have made a mistake until I hopped into the Lariat to take her home. At that point I hadn't even sat in a new F150. The Ford is bigger, taller, wider and the interior is a lot nicer. As for the power I would say about even or a slight edge to the Nissan, or it could be that I had it floored the whole time I was driving it. The Audiophile rocks and the truck is very comfortable. Going to wax her tomorrow and smile all weekend. I did check the tire pressure and it was almost 48psi, dropped it down the 35psi like it says inside the door.

Old 04-22-2004, 07:18 PM
hovy
Senior User
Wait 6-8 week after the build date to wax her..If you don't the paint will get cloudy...you need to let the paint cure before sealing it with wax or any sealer

Old 04-22-2004, 07:40 PM
blue 2004 FX4
Senior User
Thumbs up

Congrats, love my truck too!

Old 04-23-2004, 12:59 AM
SoCalSuperCrew
Junior User
How long is the average wait if you order a truck? I have an appointment with the dealer on Saturday!!!!!

Old 04-23-2004, 04:56 AM
OTHG_MIKE
Junior User
SoCal
I think its around 6 weeks or less. Mine was held up because of a shortage of the heated seats or something, unless it was a dealer allocation problem. I'm not really sure but most aren't waiting that long unless they ordered the DVD, there was hold up with that also.

Old 04-23-2004, 05:58 AM
Froman
Freshman User
SoCalSupercrew

It took 3 ½ - 4 weeks for mine. That was a surprise because the dealer told me 6-8 weeks. I still had to part ways with my other truck. It was weird…I was happy “new truck” and sad because I had to sell my 2002 supercab FX4. Over all I’m happy I made the change. I have very light vibe some times in the morning “it could be my imagination from all the talk” and rusty bumpers. Dealer has replaced one and will do the other shortly.

Jeffery
Mono-tone white
2004 4x4 Screw
Black Leather w/ center consoled
Lariat loaded except moonroof.

Old 04-23-2004, 06:42 AM
dusty1
Senior User
My dealer also recommended not waxing for 6-8 weeks. However, they did put a sealer on it the day I picked it up and gave me an 8 oz bottle of the stuff as well as a bottle of leather conditioner (I went for the undercoat/paint sealer/ upholstery conditioner package which gave me a five year warranty on the interior, lifetime warranty on underbody rust, and 5 year warranty on the paint).

Just curious as to what's in the paint sealer that allows it to be applied right away?