Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2004, 04:35 PM
New User

Maxdog is starting off with a positive reputation.
What brand of gas do you use ? What is your MPG ?

I have been burning Hess Regular over the past six months and my MPG is bouncing from 10.4 - 12.5. I drive only city and average about 200 miles per week. I thought the Cold weather was having the initial effect, but, has not been that cold this past week and I'm still down at 10.4 mpg. I was thinking of changing the brand of gas I burn and wanted to get some feedback before I make the change. Thanks for your feedback....
Old 05-08-2004, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

WhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant future
I have found that Sunoco seems to have the best blends. I know at my local Sunoco, they have 10 cent Thursdays. They cut the price of Super Premium (93+) ten cents on Thursdays. That brings the cost back to about what you would pay for midgrade. I try to only fill on those days. Mobil also seems to be good, but is a bit pricey. I get roughly 13.5 in mixed driving with my 5.8 bronco.

Rich
"The next time some actor or rock star tells you what to think, tell them to **** off." - Dennis DeYoung
Old 05-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Posting Legend

sglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant future
We use SHELL in our fleet. There diesel is the best I get 2 more miles to the gallon with it also runs cleaner. We do landscaping for 8 Shell stations. So we never have a problem in finding one.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:29 AM
Post Fiend

MustangGT221 has a good reputation on FTE.MustangGT221 has a good reputation on FTE.MustangGT221 has a good reputation on FTE.
IMO it's a little difficult to get an accurate measurement of gas mileage in only a tank or two. There are soooooo many factors that contribute to gas mileage. I throw in whatevers around and I went from topsfield to the worcester centrum and back, with food run (probably 150-160 mi) and only used 10 gal of gas
Old 05-10-2004, 01:29 AM