Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Chapter Leader requests

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 08:25 AM
Bruin52
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chapter Leader requests

Okay Ohio, I think we're a little behind now, or maybe it's just me! Anyway, I'm awake, alert, and logged on now so let's get this thing rolling. Ken and Co. wants to add a Chapter Leader for organizing the region and planning get togethers with other members and such, we've all read the bulletin on it. So that leaves me saying this, "Who's up for it"!! Ken recomends that the chapter moderators name be included also before a vote is taken, however, I'd like to see somebody else step up and take care of that side of the house and work along with me. If need be, I'll do it. But I'd like to see others involved here also. Lets say we'll have some names posted under this thread by Friday April 16, then by Monday April 19 we'll take a vote until Wednesday April 21 before declaring the Chapter Leader of Ohio on the 22 of April. Any suggestions?

Old 04-12-2004, 11:59 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ok....so what does it pay????

Ya, I know

So what does this entail. Not that I am NOMINATING myself, but I thought I would ask. I am in a couple of clubs and been thru the officer stuff; prez, vp, treasurer. I'm sure it is not that hard to do, but I'll help if I can. The next couple months are going to be rough, since I will be moving the second week of May.

Old 04-12-2004, 09:31 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
i would be willing to step up and work with any one in this group, i work for myself and travel thoughout ohio , i would like to see Ric be elected, and i would gladly work side by side with him, i enjoy meeting and working with people, i know how turn a wrench, and willing helpout and donate the time to make this work.
thank you
Ray

Old 04-12-2004, 09:46 PM
phatcracker
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

If I were to endorce anyone, I would like to see the town you are from (aka: Cincy, Zville) in your location. "ohio" just doesn't cut the mustard. Both of you guys would be in the hunt. Both of you are always on this forum. This would give me a better chance of understanding the point of venture. Pherstain?

Caution: I've been drinking

? Why isn't my Signature showing?

Eric Adams

Last edited by phatcracker; 04-12-2004 at 09:51 PM.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:04 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Eric
I live at the cross roads of america, dayton, ohio. I-75 & I-70, what part of cincy are you from?

Old 04-13-2004, 03:29 AM
sourapple
Freshman User
Chapter leader

I say you Bruin & Freighttrain would be the ideal chapter leader's , so your names can be put in the hat, I'am up here near Toledo, I said something awhile back about forming the Chapter, I'am more the willing to give ya's a hand, I also said i would try to design a chapter logo, but no one got back with me on that.
Sourapple

Old 04-13-2004, 10:55 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

phatcracker....you need to pay up to see your sig. If you are not a paying member, then your sig is only visable if you click the link up in the upper right corner of your posts(where it says "signature").

BTW, I'm in Canton (just you's all know )

I have a job that allows me "some" free time during the day to play on the internet(not that I'm actually allowed, but I get away with it). I'm 'puter litter-it(sorta) and can turn wrenches also. Not really sure what I am getting myself into here, but since the pay is going to allow me more toys.......

I'm a long time member of a local Ford club here in Canton(previous known as PFCA-anyone remember that club), ATHS(old trucks), FOKISD(superduty club in Cincy area).

I here the train whistle........(seems I'll get railroaded right in this one.... )

Old 04-13-2004, 09:32 PM
mr4speedford
Posting Guru
Hmmm.... I sense some competiton going on. Maybe we could have a north and a south leader? If not, I guess I'll choose freightrain(no specfic reason but somebody's going to have to do it). -4speed

Old 04-13-2004, 10:23 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Talking

well.....maybe..... but really all i would like to see is the ohio group be more active.... , i'm not looking for a title... just a resouce that is willing to help out.... i e-mailed as many people on the recall list to pass the word... i'm hoping for a good turnout ..so lets try and round up as many people as we can....and make the Ohio group that stands out from the rest of chapters..remember Ohio is the heart of it all... and if anyone else is interested please step up..freightrain and me are willing,...mr4speedford maybe you could ask Bruin about a north and south ?
it would be nice to get together for the truckshow on may 1st

Last edited by f=2504by497; 04-13-2004 at 10:28 PM.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:51 PM
DeckedoutF150
Posting Guru
i would like to see something where each region in ohio could have the chance to get together and someplace to inform each other of where up comeing car shows might be incase you are interested in going or placeing an entry. i am hopeing to ahve my truck ready to be in the North American Nationals at Middletown Motorsports Park (old fantacy farm) in monroe, ohio. Bointnott's custom paint and accessories is haveing a cruise in and car show on June 18. he is located in fairfield, ohio. poor guy is having probs getting my pinstripping job to stick to my truck.

Old 04-13-2004, 10:55 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Hey nick hows it going? i'd like to meet up next week maybe. ive been all over ohio the last 3 weeks, just got back from brown county yesterday with a stop in xenia , i just can't seem to make it to cincy here lately.

Last edited by f=2504by497; 04-13-2004 at 11:02 PM.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:37 PM
j wright
Senior User
For what it's worth I'd vote for f=250by497. It seems to me that he has the job with a little freedom to travel and meet others in the Great State of Ohio.

Old 04-14-2004, 07:23 AM
Bruin52
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm putting up FordguyatOU's name for the chapter leader. He's the one who contacted me and mentioned the idea of an Ohio Roster, so I told him to go for it, now it's over three pages long. Remember, we have until Friday to come up with names under this thread. What I'll do this weekend is write down all the names mentioned and put them in the poll. We will then have until Monday to vote. Tuesday morning I'll lock the poll and contact the person with the most votes via email. If that person is willing to do it, they will be named the first chapter leader of Ohio. If not, it will go on to the next highest rated member that is interested.

As for the job, from my understanding there will still be the chapter's moderator to enforce the rules of Ken and Co. that we have all come accustomed to. Also to ensure that there is traffic and interest, which is where the Chapter Leader comes in. He will be able to plan and add interesting insight to the chapter and organize chapter socials and such. I'll email Ken and see if there are any more features for the C.L. as I'm not exactly clear on this either. Sounds like another moderator, but that sounds good to me also, I've been rather busy lately working on one house and looking at buying another so I could use the help from time to time. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you and starting a chapter photo section with groups of members with their trucks from shows and meets and such. If you have any photos already of yourself and fellow members and would like to contribute, email them to me with a brief description of the photo and we'll get that started, or maybe that could be the first official job of the new Chapter Leader. Thank you and happy truckin'

Bruin52

Old 04-14-2004, 09:15 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Pictures????

Ah, well..........if anyone has been to the Post Office lately.....I'm sure mine is hangin' there somewhere in plain site...

Well, maybe at the truck show in May I can get a good picture.

Old 04-14-2004, 01:52 PM
Monster 78 F-150 4X4
Elder User
I also nominate freightrain because he seems to be a very active ohio forum user, pretty stand up and knolagable guy.