2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What gives?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 01:28 PM
WhiteNight
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What gives?

I've got my new truck and it dosen't have any bad vibes,no distortion thru the windshield,no windnoise,no squeaks or rattles,paint is perfect,no delay thru the throttle,no funny noises from the diffs,everything works.What gives?Oh, and the audiophile rocks!!!

Old 04-20-2004, 02:48 PM
WEB
Senior User
Talking

My friend I am afraid you have been striken with the dreaded "I LOVE MY TRUCK" bug

There are quite a few of us that have been striken with the same bug but we try not to jump and brag too much in reverance to our commrades that are having some trouble. BUT

Man I love my truck!!!! And I swear it gets better with every mile. I have 5000 miles and the grin on my face is the same or larger than it was that evening back in November. Good luck with the truck and try not to avt like a little kid at christmas when the guys with problems are around

Old 04-20-2004, 05:29 PM
fanman2
Senior User
Hi guys....

I have just over 13,000 miles on my '04 F-150 Lariat Supercrew 4 x 2.....and am one of the fortunate owners that do NOT have any bad vibrations, no distortions in the windshield, no windnoise, no squeaks, no rattles, no throttle delay, no funny noises from the diff., no water leaks, VERY good MPG (well above the 15 - 19 MPG on the sricker) and EVERYTHING works just like it is supposed to.

But out of respect for a lot of the guys here on FTE who are having problem(s) with this, that or the other thing.....I try not to brag about how GOOD my truck really is. But hey, the facts are the facts.....my truck is built damn good!!!!

HOWEVER, I believe that ALL of you need to remember that Ford did build quite a LOT of these trucks that DON'T have ANY of the problems you are having.....which gives me faith that Ford and/or their dealers will find out what is causing your individual, specific problems.....and fix them in a timely manner.

In the meantime, try to be patient, and enjoy ALL the GOOD things about your trucks.....and enjoy them.

Fred

Old 04-20-2004, 06:37 PM
baja_stx
Senior User
Originally Posted by WhiteNight
I've got my new truck and it dosen't have any bad vibes,no distortion thru the windshield,no windnoise,no squeaks or rattles,paint is perfect,no delay thru the throttle,no funny noises from the diffs,everything works.What gives?Oh, and the audiophile rocks!!!
Ahhhhh... those are all myths... fairy tales I tell you!!! Kind of like Pinocchio and his nose.

Last edited by baja_stx; 04-20-2004 at 06:40 PM.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:04 PM
GordoPanocho
Elder User
Talking

I've got the bug too! (fingers crossed)

Wait, my truck gave me a bug!? Oh, no ... whatever am I going to do about it!? Ah, I'm infected!!! Guess I'll just have to go drive around the neighborhood to clear my head. Stay calm, deep breaths, stay calm. Okay, just started up my SCrew using the remote start. Ah, the soothing sound of my Borla dual rear exit. Me feel sleepy now.........

Old 04-20-2004, 11:26 PM
fordguy61mi
Senior User
Well this IS called the Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums...so I don't see why we can't be enthusiastic if we are happy with our trucks. It's also a great place for info. for the guys that ARE having problems. The bad thing is that when only negative things are said all the time, it starts to feel like there is a perception that most trucks have problems, and I don't think that's the case. So lets chime in here when we're actually feeling enthusiastic about our trucks because really, these are some kick a$$ vehicles, and I love mine!

Old 04-21-2004, 02:12 AM
FadeToBlack
Junior User
I hear ya. Reading all the other threads, I've actually started to feel sorry for a lot of people and haven't wanted to say anything about my truck being great. I kinda feel lucky to have a truck with none of those problems. Wait, I take that back, I do have issues with the AC system in the Lariat not getting cold enough to combat the South Texas heat - but other than that she's great!

Old 04-21-2004, 04:40 PM
fooch
New User
I feel real sorry for the guys having trouble with any issue at all, I'd be ****ed off too. I however have not had a problem in the world, and it seems as though the same six or seven guys are the ones respending to the posts about vibration etc. Thats not very many. I love this truck and would eat, drink, sleep, and...uh, well, you know in it. If only I could get my wife to comply! Aren't shells great!

Old 04-21-2004, 07:41 PM
WEB
Senior User
Hey Fooch..........................
Shells are great but BUT.................

Those back seats in the SCREW are not too bad either

If you now what I mean

Damn, another thing I have found that is great about this truck