Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Colorado Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RIKIL

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2004, 10:08 PM
Senior User

mattadams is starting off with a positive reputation.
Tranny shop in Denver area?

Hey guys, the transmission in my 2000 F-150 is on its way out, after about 110,000 miles its slipping gears, constantly slipping into neutral, etc. more then likely, its going to need a whole rebuild. Anyways I'm looking for a shop that I can trust that does decent work and doesnt charge an arm and a leg for it. If labor is too high on removing and reinstalling the tranny I can do that part myself, but I definately want to have it rebuilt by someone who knows what they are doing. Cheap is a key word too. not cheap, but inexpensive, LOL
FYI, its the 4R70W tranny, and I had the fluid regularly changed every 30,000 miles, though it didn't seem to help...
Old 04-17-2004, 11:08 PM
Elder User

mattri is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wild West Offroad and Automotive 3850 S Jason talt to Eric.. They are very honest and do excellant work. They are also very reasonable price wise. Hope it helps.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Postmaster

Mike G is starting off with a positive reputation.
Also give the guys at Affordable Transmission a call (3485 S. Zuni 303-761-3333), I have talked/worked with them on getting some things for my DIY transmission rebuild and they are very good to work with.

--Mike
1968 Cougar XR7 (wife's toy)
2001 F350 Long-Crew-Dual-4x4-7.3L TD Hoss
Old 05-01-2004, 08:59 PM
Senior User

Frankenstang57 is starting off with a positive reputation.
What ever you do, stay way the Hell away from Denver Engine and Transmission Exchange!(if they are still in biz) They screwed me over pretty hard 8 or 9 years ago. They were abunch $#$@^%'s, all the way up to the owner. Sorry, just my 2 cents...
1989 Jeep XJ
1970 Bronco project
June 4th is Marvin Heemeyer day!
Old 05-01-2004, 08:59 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Colorado Chapter

Tags
denver, ford, shops, trannys, trasmissions, truck