2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want nice mudflaps/floormats maybe a bugshield

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 12:41 PM
rferoni
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want nice mudflaps/floormats maybe a bugshield

Anyone know of some good companies to check out for these items? The Ford ones(that came with the truck) are useless IMO. I also want to put mudflaps on. Not a big fan of the way they look but I think its a neccessity. Not sure about the bugshield. Are there pro's/con's to having a bug shield? I mean do they really work? I used to have one on my 94' ranger and I honestly don't know if it really worked that well. Looked cool tho..

Thanks for any info...

Ron

Old 04-17-2004, 02:02 PM
whiskerbiscuit
Freshman User
Try the Catch-All Extreme floormats

I purchased the Catch-All Extreme floor mats. These are flat rubber mats that fit perfectly in the front and rear. They are a little expensive but are completly worth it. I purchased mine through http://www.premiermotoring.net. I have used other floormats in the past with raised ridges in the mat to catch snow/water, but never really liked them. Hope this helps.

Old 04-17-2004, 02:13 PM
ryaneverk2
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Try these:

www.mudflapsusa.com
www.jcwhitney.com
www.truckaddons.com
cabela's (www.cabelas.com) also has a good selection of rugged floor mats.

Ryan

Old 04-18-2004, 05:34 AM
bigjack
Elder User
I've got the Husky Floorliners front and back, they look great IMO and keep the carpet like new. I've also got the Ford molded splash guards and the Ford low profile hood deflector. I don't know how many bugs it keeps off the windshield but it does keep the front of the hood from getting all nicked up, and it looks cool. Here's a link for the floor liners.
http://truckaddons.com/Catalog/subpa...keyliners1.asp

after you click on the link you'll have to click on this to get there.

I'd rather visit the company that doesn't sponsor Ford Truck Enthusiasts, take me to the site I clicked on. Click Here

Last edited by bigjack; 04-18-2004 at 05:37 AM.
Old 04-18-2004, 06:35 PM
519DVX
Mountain Pass
Mats, Flaps, and Bug Deflectors

I have a set of deep rubber mats I put down in the winter, but still have to shampoo the salt out of the edges of my carpet every year. I too will be looking for flaps and a bug deflector soon (as I hope to be ordering my new F-150 soon). I like the Ford deflector because it's got the F-150 etched on it, looks great. My question is, how do they attach to the truck? If it's the 2-way tape, I'm going to get something else. I don't like ANYTHING stuck to my paint. I have one on my dodge now that you install between the hood and grill. They don't keep the window clean, but it keeps stones from grinding up the leading edge of the hood and front fenders. They look pretty good too. I'll also be looking for some flaps. If anyone can offer any suggestions on good looking flaps, I'd be interested.

Old 04-18-2004, 08:50 PM
blue 2004 FX4
Senior User
The bug deflector attaches under the complete grill assembly, Yes I think in the long run it will keep stone chips on the hood down. I got mine at meijer. It is a ventshield for about 35 bucks.

Old 04-20-2004, 08:40 AM
turkyhntr
Freshman User
I have the husky floor liners, there nice in snow or mud with the lip on them. I have a low profile Lund bug deflector on the hood, got the one that they paint to match the vehicle, it looks sharp. The paint is on the inside so it does not chip, etc.