Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Colorado Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RIKIL

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2004, 09:17 AM
Elder User

DarkWolf40 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Paint shop

Any body have a good paint shop to recommend in the Denver/Littleton area? I'm getting ready to media blast the whole truck, inside and out, and I'm looking for a shop that will do a decent spray job at a reasonable price.
Old 04-17-2004, 09:03 PM
Senior User

mattadams is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am looking for this as well, though I'm looking for a shop that cna do some body work too... ugh... wish I could find a shop that could respray the whole truck, a different color, and do a really good job for about $2000 or under, but thats not being realistic LOL.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:18 AM
Postmaster

Mike G is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a few suggestions, can't help with the prices though. Give these folks a call and see what happens:

Sam's autobody (quincy and santa fe)
Hank's auto (kipling and bellview or kipling-ward road/i-70)
Matrix Autobody (evans and jason)

I have seen some of the work by Sam's and Hank's, looked pretty good. I did have Matrix do some crash repair work before and they did an outstanding job. I was very pleased with the service and the folks there.

Just currious as to where you are having the media work done, at BlastTech by any chance?

--Mike
1968 Cougar XR7 (wife's toy)
2001 F350 Long-Crew-Dual-4x4-7.3L TD Hoss
Old 04-20-2004, 05:52 PM
Elder User

Thanks for the tip, and yes Blast Tech in Englewood has a good reputation as well
Old 04-21-2004, 12:01 PM
Postmaster

Mike G is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just had Gary run some headers through their process over there, turned out nice and clean..

Stop by Sam's (on oxford not quincy-sorry) and see what they would charge. That would be a sweet deal if you could drive the three blocks and drop of your freshly cleaned hull.

-Mike
1968 Cougar XR7 (wife's toy)
2001 F350 Long-Crew-Dual-4x4-7.3L TD Hoss
Old 05-01-2004, 07:51 PM
Senior User

Frankenstang57 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I know it's not in Littleton, but Perry's Autobody in Boulder does really good work. They are a little on the pricey though...
1989 Jeep XJ
1970 Bronco project
June 4th is Marvin Heemeyer day!
Old 05-22-2004, 08:56 AM
Elder User

So I go over to Sam's to talk to them about my project and get an estimate and they were the rudest bunch of jerks I've ever talked to. First they were rude because I had no appointment. Then, this fat little arrogant guy comes out and says he's busy right now and if I want to wait 20 to 30 minutes he'd make some time for me then. Then he was a jerk because I didn't have the truck there for him to look at, I only had about 20 pictures of it, but he wouldn't even look at the pictures (its hard to drive a truck with no engine in it). I work hard for my money and I'll be dammed if I'll spend it anywhere I'm not treated with respect!

So then I go overt to Three G Body and Paint. They used to be over there by Blast-Tech but have moved out near Highlands Ranch on Santa Fe. They repaired a hail damaged car for me back in 1989 when that bad hail storm hit Denver. I go in there and Jeff, the owner, says Hi John, how's that Camry holding up we fixed for you? Can you belive this guy? He must have a photographic memory or something. I sit down with him and we disguss the whole project, he makes several suggegestions about how much media blasting to do, he gives me a "ball park" price and asks to come by my house after work next week so he can do a proper estimate. He's also suggesting things I can do myself to help keep the price down. I like this shop and will spend my hard earned cash there.
Old 05-22-2004, 01:32 PM
Elder User

mattri is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow, customer service, I think I heard about that one time from my grandfather. I'm really glad you found a good shop, and thanks for giving us the heads up. I've had the same experience with Sam's and a number of other shops.
Old 05-22-2004, 01:32 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Colorado Chapter