Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Looking for SW Ohioains (Cincy)

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 07:28 PM
phatcracker
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for SW Ohioains (Cincy)

I actually would like to meet y'all. Have some food and a few beers. What do ya think?

I've kinda noticed that most of you have older trucks, right? Mine is a 96 F350 4x4 crew cab w/460.

I'm a big Ford fan. If Ford ever sent over there Cossie AWD Focus I would be seriously in debt.

Old 12-16-2003, 07:29 PM
Stanstruck
Senior User
Hey Mr. Cracker. Stan here from a small town between Dayton and Springfield. If I can find time, some beers (and food) sounds pretty good. Aren't you the same phatcracker that posts on the GRM board?

Stan

Old 12-17-2003, 06:58 AM
ed b
New User
Hey another GRM poster here ("urban ranger" over there - got change that now I guess!)! I'm currently in Kettering, OH but grew up in New Carlisle - Stan where are you, Donnesville, Enon?

Old 12-17-2003, 10:18 AM
Stanstruck
Senior User
Hey Ed. I remember seeing you on the GRM board too. I'm there as "StansMR2". I'm in Enon. -good guess!

Stan

Old 12-17-2003, 05:04 PM
phatcracker
Senior User
Well Stan you have figured me out. Now I must leave the country. I don't go to GRM much. I mostly haunt SpecialStage.com and Rallycabal.com. Both are Performance Rally websites. There's another site I haunt but I doubt you'll ever visit ( AWD type jap cars).

What's the chances of three GRM members also being Ford truck owners? Well we all do have to tow the race cars.

Does any of y'all do SoloII or Rallycross? Or is it drag, oval or track?

Old 12-17-2003, 07:47 PM
Stanstruck
Senior User
Well you might be surprised what I'm interested in. (I was just looking at Karmann Ghias today). I've always thought an AWD Subie would be fun. If I find an old one at a decent price....
...then I'll have to look into some ralley action....

Stan

Old 12-18-2003, 06:16 PM
phatcracker
Senior User
I like Karmann Ghias. I would be afraid I'd wreck it and that would be the end of the front nose piece.

Oh by the way, AWD subies are fun. Mine is a turd. I have an older Impreza with a small motor. I wish I could afford a WRX but I'm too cheap for one of those. Plus my insurance would go back up to when I was a teenager. Sky High. Even though mine is a slow turd, it's still fun. I have to wait for snow or go into the mud to get the wheels to spin but winter is here. Yee freakin Ha! I've allready done some donuts in it. I tell you what, Subies make a perfect donut. Nice and round, with little effort.Right before the WRX came out I bought my turd subie. After that, the prices of any Impreza shoot up. I could have sold my subie for about $1000 more than what I paid for it but I wanted to keep the car. Now the prices have gone back down. It's wierd how one car can effect the whole model line, even the station wagons.

Boy have we stayed from the topic.

Old 12-19-2003, 08:09 AM
Stanstruck
Senior User
Off topic? Sure, but anytime you can talk about cars or trucks, I'm there....

(Speaking of which): What do you know about AWD Quantums?

Keep me (us) up to date with the Cincy region and maybe I can get down there sometime. I'm selling my MR2, so might not have a AutoX car anymore by then.

Stan.

Old 12-19-2003, 04:36 PM
phatcracker
Senior User
Originally posted by Stanstruck
(Speaking of which): What do you know about AWD Quantums?

Keep me (us) up to date with the Cincy region and maybe I can get down there sometime. I'm selling my MR2, so might not have a AutoX car anymore by then.

Stan.
I know very little about Quantum Syncros (sp?) I do know they are hard to find parts for. I know a guy in Columbus that bought a rally prepped Golf with that drivetrain in it. He broke the rear diff and never did find a replacement. So he just removed the drive shaft and rallies it that way, I think, or he put a regular Golf drivetrain back in it. It's like buying an 80s Alfa or Peugeot. You should buy two or more, one to drive and one to take parts from.

If you are thinking of buying a cheap Subie, look at the early 90s Legacy GT, the one with a 2.2L turbo motor. The 2.2L turbo can be built up but you have to really check out the trannies. Subaru doesn't have the best trannies, unless you get an Sti. $$$$$$ but almost bullet proof. Plus the STi comes with an adjustable locking center diff, from fully open to completing locked, giving it a 45% to the front and 55% to the rear when fully locked.

I'll keep y'all updated about Cincy and WOR regions. WOR = Western Ohio Region.

Old 04-13-2004, 10:54 PM
DeckedoutF150
Posting Guru
hey phatcracker,

i would liek to get togetther sometime and have a coupel and talk trucks. i am in the fairfield, hamilton area

Old 04-14-2004, 10:50 PM
phatcracker
Senior User
We do need to get together. Granted it will be a small crowd but still. In May I have one weekend free, I think. June is pretty open so far.

Eric

Old 04-15-2004, 08:57 PM
DeckedoutF150
Posting Guru
i will be in town as long as i do not have a race at KY speedway or gone fishin. just let me know when you are thinkin about gettin together. the car club i am in is going to ahve a car show in june and boitnotts custom paint and graphics had a cruise in on june 18.

Old 04-15-2004, 11:18 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
ditto on meetin up i live just north of there, but i do a get down that a way quite often, and if just happen to thinkin about a castin a vote a i could use a couple ..ehh ? sorry coun't resist puttin a plug in for myself there, and i'm not beyond buying around or two of "rootbeer"......

Old 04-16-2004, 12:32 AM
j wright
Senior User
Count me in for some food and get together, almost gave up beer but not all together just slowed down ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I already cast a vote for ya f=250by497 but would help if we all voted more than once??