Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

Picking a group leader

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 09:02 PM
parks911
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
About 1 hour to hour fifteen minutes one way. I have caught myself dozing off at the wheel before. That is when I decided to start hitting the bed sooner.
I am a night owl also & still haven't adjusted to being awake every morning at 4 am. but somehow I'm doing it, just no more partying on Friday nights.

Yep group gathering is the point. To show off, get stuck, break stuff. the Normal man thing, just have buddies with you to do it with.

I just re-read the webmaster quote I posted above. I don't think I will be able to set anything up before June 1st. due to my work schedule right now. Not that I'm planning anything, but that is alful short notice to set something up.
Just wanted to let everyone know, so when Derrick starts the voting process you folks will know that that will be a dificult task for me to do is just a couple weeks.

Old 05-06-2004, 05:53 PM
HP junkie
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey parks,
i was wondering if you know how to post pics in your gallery? I have tried to and no success. Could you walk me through the process?

Old 05-06-2004, 08:08 PM
parks911
Cargo Master
Go into edit gallery.

Scroll dow the page & you will see about 5 boxes that say browse. Click on those & it will ask you for a directory. Find the directory that your pics are at on your computer & then select the pic that you desire to have uploaded. You can only select one picture per browse box.

After you have selected the pictures then click the upload box that is directly below. Give it a few minutes & then the page will refresh. Your pics should be uploaded then.

You you want more then 5 pics, then you will have to keep repeating the above steps until all your pics are uploaded.

Old 05-07-2004, 06:35 PM
HP junkie
Lead Driver
I have done that, but did not wait that long for the page to refresh. Maybe thats my problem. I'll give it a try again. Thanks!

Old 05-07-2004, 08:25 PM
parks911
Cargo Master
It takes a little bit to refresh but it should. When it does your pictures should be uploaded to your gallery.

Old 05-07-2004, 09:45 PM
fordtruckfan90
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey guys, still here, just been kinda busy lately. I miss out on all the muddin/fun events, due to the fact that i work weekends. Parks, how's your truck comin(the 88) i remember hearing you were getting it into the body shop. Mine should be finished by next weekend, and yes i am still here, hopefully more often from now on!

Old 05-07-2004, 10:09 PM
parks911
Cargo Master
SLOW!!

It sat for awhile because nobody want to do anything or didn't know what could be done to try & straighten the cab. I finnaly said hell with it & started wrenching on it. Had the old cab off on the same day & lifted the other cab I had onto it. The only thing is that my donor cab that I really didn't plan on using was off a 2X4 so I had to cut the shifter hole for the 4X4 and the doghouse out. I wonder why they even have a dog house? The only thing coming off the tranny that would need to be cleared from what I saw is a simple breather tube & that can simply be relocated.

The only major thing that needs to be done now is rust repair & paint. I do still have the truck tore apart but I'm going to be paying a buddy of mine to get her set right again since road construction has fired up & I'm back to work.
Like I said is it is going slow. It should have been done a couple months ago but it is one of those things that you want to take your time & watch every detail.

Right now I'm expecting probally August to have everything done that I want al though that buddy of mine is saying just a few weeks now that the hard part of straightening the cab is over.

Old 05-08-2004, 12:13 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Yes, the chapter can have two leaders.

Old 05-08-2004, 01:44 PM
Boss_358
Posting Guru

I guess that answers that. Well parks it looks like its just you and me. Sorry guys I have been back for a while but things have been kind of crazy since we have been back. Hell parks, I drive about an hour and a half to work too. But I have to drive down to the cities. Do you go into St. Cloud much, Parks? If so maybe we'll have to meet up at Granite City Food and brewery or something. I love that place. I would be more then happy to have something at my place. I'm not much of a host, but I'll let you drive a truck through my yard. At least the back part. I still need my Bronco out too!

Old 05-08-2004, 02:05 PM
parks911
Cargo Master
I make it into St. Cloud about once a month. I have to be there this Thursday afternoon but that is for a quick meeting & then I have to split & get back to work.

That is a good way to gey your Bronco out, hook about 5 trucks up to it & it should be able to get enough power to get it moving agin out of that hole. Hell you don't want to let it sit until the mud dries up.

I'm looking at buying a Jeep Cherokee right now. Not because it is a Jeep but for the pleasure of being able to drag the family with me & keep my 4X4. I would love to have a Bronco but can't find a newer one under the price range I can afford right now.

Hopefully my F-150 will be up and running soon. So Derrick, are you going to post that voting thing?

Old 05-08-2004, 02:34 PM
Boss_358
Posting Guru

I'm deciding how I am going to set up the voting process. Basically its just you and me saying anything. And Ken said it was Ok to have two leaders. I'm starting to think, "Would there be a point to a poll?" Some of the others I thought who would have participated have not even said a peep so it may just be a every one in favor of say "I" type of deal. The bronco should come out easy with a couple of tugs from a 4WD truck. I am using my 1 ton which is only a two wheeler so I cant get a lot of traction. My 78 is buried in the sheds with a couple of flat tires and I don't even want to think about using the wifes Ranger.

Old 05-08-2004, 02:48 PM
Boss_358
Posting Guru

Well, I have stated my point with the group. So hopefully I get some feedback soon and we'll see if a poll is even necessary. Parks and I will just be self appointed dictators who will rule this regime. But honestly, if any one wants to get together and get your truck dirty or barbeque or whatever, my place is available. Now that the weather is getting nice out. If you wanna get your truck dirty I have a nice wet pit in the back.

Old 05-08-2004, 05:08 PM
billsco
Elder User
Would you both raise your right hand and say I will, and then notify Ken that the process has been completed on time.

There is no reason for a vote IMO. Who would possibly object?

Old 05-08-2004, 08:22 PM
screwy
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
that's cool with me.

Old 05-08-2004, 08:59 PM
HP junkie
Lead Driver
Go for it guys, I'm behind ya all the way! Hey boss 358 I know i've asked b4 but where are you located again? I'm game to wheel @ your place name the date and time!! I might need a tractor to pull my big rig out though. It's one heavy truck ( over 7000lbs with 1/2 tank of fuel and me ).

Quick Reply: Picking a group leader