2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Enthused with my dealership!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 08:34 AM
dusty1
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Enthused with my dealership!

I took my F150 in this morning to have a tech look at the throttle delay and 40-60 mph minor vibration felt in the steering wheel.

I hope there isn't a rule about giving Kudos to a specific dealership, but I was treated so nicely I just had to share it. Freedom Ford in Norfolk VA.

I went for a drive with the tech, explaining what I was experiencing. Howard was polite and listened very intently to my explanation. He suggested force load balancing the tires, even though the road we were driving was too rough for him to feel the vibration I was explaining, and he told me there have been issues with the throttle body and PCM, so he'll try a new reflash that he just installed in the shop's system. I hope to get some more information on the reflash when I pick the truck up later today. If I get any more info I'll be sure to share it here.

I was given a '04 Taurus as a loaner, although the Focus is normally given. The Enterprise rental car rep said he gave me a free upgrade. (Wonder if that means he was out of Focuses)

I just wanted to pass along this very positive experience with the service folks at Freedom Ford. With all the negative threads, it's only fair to get some positive ones out there too!

Last edited by dusty1; 04-12-2004 at 08:40 AM.