2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop Complaining!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 11:18 PM
baja_stx
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Stop Complaining!!!

I'm a fairly new member here, but it seems like each day there are more and more complaints. Everyday I check this forum at least once and see the same sort of topics; vibration experiments, tailgate studies, windshield noise, no A/C, clicking noise at idle, delay in gas pedal, engine limp mode, brake dust, bad gas mileage, etc. etc. etc.

Ahh sorry I just had a bad day... just venting. Though I am going to make a suggestion that there be a sub-forum added for problems and complaints.

Old 04-08-2004, 11:22 PM
F150Texan
Posting Guru
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by baja_stx
Ahh sorry I just had a bad day... just venting. Though I am going to make a suggestion that there be a sub-forum added for problems and complaints.
Sorry to hear about the bad day, but that isn't a bad idear you have there. It would certainly make it much easier for the Ford people to pick out the problems when they are peeping into this site.

Let's get it done, because after all this is a Ford Enthusiasts Site

Old 04-08-2004, 11:38 PM
baja_stx
Senior User
Personally I see two pros and no cons to the idea.

Users who have problems would be able to go directly to that forum to see if other users are having the same problems. This way the posts would stay active longer so different users wouldn't keep posting the same problems over and over.

Users who are not having problems won't have to sort through the many posts of those who are.

It also may keep people who are not experienceing any problems from conducting "vibration experiments" and "tailgate studies".

Old 04-08-2004, 11:52 PM
Toreador
Elder User
Originally Posted by F150Texan
Sorry to hear about the bad day, but that isn't a bad idear you have there. It would certainly make it much easier for the Ford people to pick out the problems when they are peeping into this site.

Let's get it done, because after all this is a Ford Enthusiasts Site
I disagree with both of you. A purely "enthusiasts" forum would get boring real fast. I like this set up the way it is. You get the new truck owners enthusiam, the compliments, and the complaints. Don't mess with success!!!!!!!!

Old 04-09-2004, 12:00 AM
acarlisletx
Junior User
What are the odds on 2 people from Magnolia posting in this forum? Pretty small I'd say. I was very excited and very enthusiastic about this truck - wanted one after I saw them at the auto show last year. The second day I had the truck it didn't feel right but I couldn't put my finger on it - chalked it up to my needing to adjust to the way the truck performs.

I've given up on getting it fixed but I check back here often just in case Ford admits to the problem and comes out with a fix. It would be nice if there was a separate Problems thread and maybe even broken down by Electrical, Body, A/C, etc.

Old 04-09-2004, 12:05 AM
F150Texan
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by acarlisletx
What are the odds on 2 people from Magnolia posting in this forum? Pretty small I'd say.
You wouldn't happen to live in the subdivision off 1488 with a golf course in it and lakes? I've seen a few of these new trucks in our neighborhood. You could be one of those people

Old 04-09-2004, 12:17 AM
acarlisletx
Junior User
Subdivision of Nichol Sawmill with lakes. When I got the truck in Oct it was fun because I'd go days without seeing another one. Now they're all over the place. ..

Old 04-09-2004, 12:20 AM
F150Texan
Posting Guru
We need to hook up soon and exchange rides in each others trucks so that I can see exactly what all this vibration talk is about. I would email you, but for some reason the site won't let me yet even though I have met the criteria that it lists.

Speaking of which, help me Mr. Moderator

Have a good weekend neighbor

Old 04-09-2004, 06:42 AM
momalle1
Senior User
I'm with Toreador, I like seeing everyone's experiences and perceptions.

Old 04-09-2004, 08:25 AM
fordguy61mi
Senior User
I think it would get boring just hearing everyone praise the truck.

Old 04-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Sully04 F150 4x4
Senior User
Originally Posted by fordguy61mi
I think it would get boring just hearing everyone praise the truck.
+1. I agree.

Old 04-09-2004, 05:19 PM
CruelCrew
Senior User
Stop Complaining!!!
Sounds like a Ford employee worried about losing his job to Nissan, Toyota, or Dodge.

Old 04-09-2004, 05:22 PM
turkyhntr
Freshman User
Keep it the way it is, I know what you mean though, sometimes I get tired of hearing of all the problems. But I would rather have this forum to discuss issues related to the truck

Old 04-09-2004, 05:39 PM
CruelCrew
Senior User
Exactly. The complaints here are real issues. Some of us are "enthusiests" trying to find a way of getting them repaired. I thank FTE for allowing us to work together and helping us out with these issues. BTW, we like to hear the good stuff too. So keep it the way it is.

If this topic is about how the forum should run, then this discussion should be moved out of this forum and to the "User Feedback and Suggestions" forum.

Old 04-10-2004, 08:39 AM
txfx4x4
Senior User
Another word for "complaint" is "comment." The difference between the two is how the reader relates to the way the comment was issued.

By participating in this forum, and reading the various comments, I am better informed and have been able to eliminate rear differential shudder (clutch pack replacement), driveshaft binding (lube slip yoke), and rear slider rattle. While the dealership's service department would probably have figured these issues out by themselves without my input, I think having the information makes me a better consumer.

Now, as far as praise goes, my 2004 FX4 is by far the best truck I've ever owned or driven. Compared to my previous 2001 SCrew, it is significantly better in almost every way. Is it perfect? Well, no. No car I've ever owned was perfect. At almost 9k miles over 4 months, this one is pretty close though.

Quick Reply: Stop Complaining!!!