What can I do? Please advise.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 02:17 PM
TxLimo
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What can I do? Please advise.

I'm beginning to worry here. The new truck will be in in less that 10 days. The dealer called today to tell me that the best he can do on a trade is $4K LESS than what he originally told me. The original # he gave me was fine, so I didnt worry about selling the truck. Now i'm in a bind to get rid of the truck in a hurry. I feel like he knew i'd have a hard time selling it at the price he told me I should. I know NOW that I shouldn't have listened to him, but I guess I am rather naive about these things. I had thought that I had finally found a dealer that would be upfront about the whole thing. Stoooopid Me!

He has all along refused to show me a single scrap of paperwork on my order. And has kept telling me that I'm not eligible for the rebates that I know I am eligible for.

He would never put anything in writing, which as far as the price of the truck goes, is not so much a big deal, since I am using xplan. He offered $300 below the xplan price and I feel like he's now going to "forget" that part of the deal. He has told me all along that he could not guarantee any of the current rebates. He also kept telling me that the (then $500, now $250) xplan rebate was only if I financed thru ford. Now, I think that ford motor credit is offering a separate $500 rebate for financing thru them, in addition to the current $2500 Ford SD rebate. I might be wrong, but I think that I should be getting $2500(Ford) + $250(x) + $500(if I finance w/fmcc). The problem is, what if he continues to tell me I cannot have my xplan rebate? Or, for that matter, any of the other rebates? I have asked him to look these things up in smartvincent. He says he has and that I am being misinformed.

What can I do at this point? And is there anything a consumer can do if a dealership refuses to honor the rebates? No rebates I am questioning are being offered from the dealership itself.

Has anyone ever encountered this? I know I can walk away from the sale, but I really don't want to.

Suggestions???

Old 04-06-2004, 02:32 PM
DVR
Mountain Pass
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
it appears you have no real options other than take his word for it or walk away.

i would not walk away i would RUN.

Old 04-06-2004, 02:40 PM
twoballsleft
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like another scumbag dealer to me. Should have gotten it all in writing, but you know that now. The X-plan rebate is YOUR money along with any other short term dealer rebate that may be in effect. The 2500 banannas are yours too...I don't think you get that along with the 500 if you finance with Ford. Personally, I'de grab my b@lls and walk. I did it six weeks ago and it has turned out so much better. Don't be anxous...screw him...take your money elswhere. I would'nt even go back or talk to him again....son of a #$%@^!!! I hate hearing this stuff. Too bad your not closer to NY.

Old 04-06-2004, 02:43 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Lookin4a250-

Man, do I hate to hear stuff like this. But it reminds me WHY I spend so much time on this site. Crooks like that wil eventually get what's coming to them. Hopefully, I can be a part of their "come-uppance."

Let's make sure I understand this: he lied about what he's giving you for your trade-in. He's lied about the rebates. He's lied about everything else by his very refusal to give you anything in writing. WHY would you want to continue to do business with him? You really need to walk away, find another dealer and re-order the truck. I know you don't want to do that, but sleep on it overnight and see if you don't agree with me. This is only going to get worse, believe me.

Now, if you feel you have no recourse BUT to do business with him, let me know your VIN and a mailing address, and I'll get you written documentation on the rebates. You are not "misinformed." Your description above is exactly correct: a total of $3250 for the truck, X-Plan, and financing with Ford Credit.

Old 04-06-2004, 02:53 PM
IndependenceJohn
Freshman User
If he's not willing to put anything in writing, I'd tell him to take one last look at this commission and kiss it goodbye! I'm sure you don't want to start the waiting process over again, but don't let the dealer put your wallet in a vice in the process!

Old 04-06-2004, 03:05 PM
TxLimo
Senior User
Originally Posted by IndependenceJohn
I'm sure you don't want to start the waiting process over again

That's the only thing keeping me from walking away at this point. Only 10 days left to get my truck!! 10 days!! Well, that and the fact that the only other Ford dealership in town is AutoNation. From the skillet into the fire if I go that route.

Jeff, Thank you so much, I appreciate all of your help. I will email you my addy and VIN, or would a fax # be easier? Maybe I can take this to him before the truck gets here and see what he says. I can always walk at that point, right?

As for everyone else- thanks for the advise. I am sooo glad I found FTE when I did. You've all been kinda like big brothers, or something. Awesome community here. Just Awesome.

Old 04-06-2004, 03:30 PM
fatman66
Senior User
Even is you do take delivery from that stealership, you should "stink palm" the guy (if you don't know what I'm talking about, rent the movie Mall Rats) I think he has earned that!

Old 04-06-2004, 04:22 PM
twoballsleft
Elder User
Originally Posted by 1956MarkII
Now, if you feel you have no recourse BUT to do business with him, let me know your VIN and a mailing address, and I'll get you written documentation on the rebates. You are not "misinformed." Your description above is exactly correct: a total of $3250 for the truck, X-Plan, and financing with Ford Credit.
Jeff, Jeff, Jeff....
Alright, what's the deal with this cash back and 500 plus financing? The Ford website still says 1500(PSD) OR 500 and financing.

Old 04-06-2004, 04:29 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
you might try calling the regional manager on this saleman and dealership. be polite but firm... also try talking to another saleman and give the deal to him..then they'll have to split the commision.....

Old 04-06-2004, 04:41 PM
TxLimo
Senior User
Originally Posted by f=2504by497
you might try calling the regional manager on this saleman and dealership. be polite but firm... also try talking to another saleman and give the deal to him..then they'll have to split the commision.....
I'm ashamed to admit it, but I started out w/ a different salesman. He wasn't upfront about anything either. Kept trying to sell me a truck off the lot that I didnt want, didnt know anything about ordering...etc. So, I talked to this guy (the finance manager, because he was referred to me by a friend) and told him upfront how the previous salesguy behaved. He assured me that he'd take care of me.

I know, I know...I should have ske-daddled after the first go-round.

And to make matters worse, I also went in and spoke w/ the fleet mgr. Same old story.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. I know. The guy i'm dealing with just sounded alright up until the order was placed. Went straight downhill from there.

Old 04-06-2004, 04:43 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by twoballsleft
Jeff, Jeff, Jeff....
Alright, what's the deal with this cash back and 500 plus financing? The Ford website still says 1500(PSD) OR 500 and financing.
1) $1500, OR low finance rate thru FMCC, OR $500 and "kinda" low rate through Ford Motor Credit (I've never seen that last option pay off).

2) Another $500 for financing thru Ford Credit, regardless of which of the three options above you take.

3) $250 additional rebate if you have A/X/Z-Plan bebfits. This is in addition to the other two, and you don't have to finance thru Ford Credit to get it. It's yours for having the Plan benefits.

Old 04-06-2004, 04:53 PM
twoballsleft
Elder User
Lookin....This is starting to sound like my story on my first deal....RUN RUN RUN!

Jeff...#2 is where I get lost....is FMCC different than Ford Credit?

Old 04-06-2004, 05:21 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by twoballsleft
Lookin....This is starting to sound like my story on my first deal....RUN RUN RUN!

Jeff...#2 is where I get lost....is FMCC different than Ford Credit?
FMCC = Ford Motor Credit Company.

They are one in the same.

Old 04-06-2004, 05:30 PM
twoballsleft
Elder User
That's what I thought. So now, where does the cash back AND 500+Financing fit in. I'm not trying to be a wise guy here but everything I see is either or. Why would they say "500+finance" and 500 extra off and not just 1000+financing. Below is what's on their site...Either/OR...not both... I pick mine up next week and I'd like to get the whole skinny on this...

2004 F-Super Duty 6.0L

Lease Offers valid Saturday, April 03, 2004, through Friday, April 30, 2004

$1500 Cash Back on lease

Purchase Offers valid Saturday, April 03, 2004, through Friday, April 30, 2004

$1500 Cash Back

or 1.9% APR financing for 36 months

or 2.9% APR financing for 48 months

or 3.9% APR financing for 60 months

or 5.9% APR financing for 72 months

or $500 Cash Back plus 2.9% APR financing for 36 months

or $500 Cash Back plus 3.9% APR financing for 48 months

or $500 Cash Back plus 4.9% APR financing for 60 months

Old 04-06-2004, 05:37 PM
TxLimo
Senior User
Maybe its just a temporary extra incentive to finance w/them?

Quick Reply: What can I do? Please advise.