2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Listen up Ford engineers! Fix the F150!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 06:09 AM
bigric
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This sounds a lot like the vibration issues that people are complaining about with the '03 Expeditions. You'll see that a few users in that forum got their vehicles bought back by Ford because the dealerships were unable to resolve the issue. I'm not here to add fuel to the fire, but if you feel that your truck has a problem, take it in for service. Keep taking it back until they get it right or you've got a long enough service history to go through arbitration and get a refund.

Here are a few select threads on the topic:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...ight=vibration
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...ight=vibration
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...ighlight=lemon

Last edited by bigric; 04-07-2004 at 06:16 AM.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:52 AM
newtof150
Senior User
Exclamation

See another post here.

Old 04-07-2004, 10:22 AM
mn 6.0
Senior User
I'll try not to ruffle any feathers here. About a month ago, I was having all of the problems you guy's are having( and then some). Ford rep told me it would be about a week or so before they find a "fix", but it's o.k. to keep driving the truck the way it is.(wrench light, check engine light, vibration ect.). After being in the shop seven times, I decided enough is enough. I went out & bought a dreaded Dodge. It's by no meens perfect. But, the only thing I can remember being advertised, is how fast they are.That much is true. As for the rest of it, it's built fairly cheap. If the F-150 stood up to all of it's advertising & if the Ford was willing to resolve the problems & be honest with it's customers I'd rather have the F-150.

Old 04-07-2004, 10:45 AM
old wrench
New User
If this will help the only problem I have had is a vibration/noise on the driveshaft, we pulled the shaft and put some teflon grease on the slip yoke splines and it helped a lot. It has 7000+ miles on it. This only showed up on starts of left and right turns and was more noticalble when pulling a trailer. We have a very good Ford mechanic at the dealer ship Boyd Banks at 505-885-3101 he is very helpful and keeps up with all new problems and will find a fix for it.

Old 04-07-2004, 10:52 AM
FordRuss
Senior User
Sometimes, the only way to call attention to a problem is to switch brands.. It would be great if Ford & other manufacturers would have someone monitor these types of Forums and then email the individuals for further feedback. If Dealers knew that their actions (or inaction) as perceived by the customer was being watched by Big Brother, they may be a little more helpful.. I don't know if Toyota still has a "Contact Us" tab on their website, but I used it a few years ago w/ suggestions for future trucks. I received a personal reply within 48 hours and now see these improvements on new Tacos.. I'm not trying to claim credit, but just bring up the type of Feedback that Ford should be actively looking for..

Have a great day!!!

Russ

Old 04-07-2004, 11:49 AM
CruelCrew
Senior User
Most people are busy working, trying to survive life, busy with health and family issues. Many aren't mechanically inclined. Some are blinded with new F-150 bliss. And some just have low expectations.

You're not going to hear from them.

Others bought a new truck. Being new, they're giving Ford a chance to fix the truck. They don't want to file DSB cases, Lemon Law cases, or law suits. They don't want to take a finacial loss by getting rid of the truck. They simply want Ford to step up to the plate. Remember, most of these trucks have under 10K miles on them. What happens in a few years?

The people and their problems here are real. They are honest. These aren't just isolated cases. There are huge patterns showing up with vibration issues, limp mode issues, etc. There is a huge pattern of Ford not addressing them. And when there's a pattern, there's a problem.

If some owners are happy with their trucks, then I am happy for them. But I am not happy with mine.

As Labrador said, no matter the number of problems, the problems with mine are one too many.

Old 04-07-2004, 02:13 PM
tthunder
Freshman User
Well said Cruel

Old 04-07-2004, 08:20 PM
md3203
New User
viberation

I have an 04 scab Lariat with 5000 miles on it I have had the vibe since day one! MY dealer has replaced the rear end once and then had to replace the cluch pack after only 1000 miles! I droped it off again tonight they are going to computer match and balance the tires. I hope this fixes it but I realy don't think it will help. I bought my truck from A freind of mine who is a salesman at the dealership he has an F150 just like mine , same problems and all. Hopefully this will help get it fixed.

Old 04-07-2004, 09:10 PM
wscott10
Junior User
has anyone tries swapping out the tires. I mean swapping the tire to a different brand tire all together. Most people that have the vibration have the B.F. Goodrich tires. My bro-in-law is a ford service manager. He has told me that he has only seen 1 truck come back to his dealership for a vibration problem, and its the one special ordered truck that had the B.F. Goodrich tires. He swapped out the tires for goodyear LT series tires and sent the owner home happy. No more vibration. I am not saying all vibration complaints are tire related, it may be worth a try to get your dealer to put a different "brand " tire. It's not like ford doesn't have experience with tire defects. Hope this helps> HAVE A GOOD ONE

Old 04-07-2004, 09:20 PM
F150Texan
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by wscott10
has anyone tries swapping out the tires. I mean swapping the tire to a different brand tire all together. He swapped out the tires for goodyear LT series tires and sent the owner home happy. No more vibration. I am not saying all vibration complaints are tire related, it may be worth a try to get your dealer to put a different "brand " tire. It's not like ford doesn't have experience with tire defects. Hope this helps> HAVE A GOOD ONE
I would try this as well. I also have the Goodyear Eagles on 20" American Racing wheels and have no vibe problems.

I called my dealer today just to run my VIN for any TSB's or Recalls, and there were none. I went ahead and asked them about these vibration issues so that I could report anything they said back to ya'll here. She did mention a couple of trucks that have come through with these issues on vibration. Her answer, "the tires they chose were to soft, so we changed brands and it fixed the problems". I seem to remember her saying that there were 3 cases of this in all.

I have seen many posts about the change outs the dealers had done (drive shafts, harmonic balancers, rear ends, etc.) and just want to say, what the heck, get them to swap tires and go for a test ride. Don't deny it until you try it!

As usual, this is my .02 worth.

Old 04-08-2004, 01:12 AM
CruelCrew
Senior User
I think it's a little bit more complicated than tires. But anything is worth a shot.

Old 04-08-2004, 01:31 AM
fordguy61mi
Senior User
I had my radio turned off today and was varying my speed on a decent highway trying to ascertain whether or not I had this vibration issue when it occurred to me. If I have to listen and feel and look that hard for it, it must not be bad enough to worry about even if I DO have it!! Man, am I smart.

Old 04-08-2004, 03:12 AM
bigric
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by fordguy61mi
If I have to listen and feel and look that hard for it, it must not be bad enough to worry about even if I DO have it!!
Bingo. There are some cases where there are real vibration issues that need to be addressed by the dealers and/or Ford, but if you've got to go through an elaborate experiment and strain to notice a problem, is it really a problem?

Old 04-08-2004, 05:56 AM
tthunder
Freshman User
Couldn't be the tires on mine because it vibrates when the tires aren't turning . From the time you crank the truck until you turn it of it vibrates. As i stated earlier......if you "think" you have a vibration then you probably don't. If it was there you WOULD be aware of it, if it's the same problem that I have.

Last edited by tthunder; 04-08-2004 at 05:59 AM.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:27 AM
Labrador
Senior User
I have Goodyear tries and the tires are not the problem with Driveline Vibration. Ya'll don't seem to understand the whole truck vibrates like a tuning fork between 45 & 65 mph. It can be felt in the floorboard, console, door and the steering wheel. The dealer put a new drive shaft & the anti vib kit but it did not help the Driveline Vibration.
I had the steering wheel nibble problem at all speeds and it took the dealer three RFB tries to reduce it but he could not stop it. Now after 2000 miles the nibble is coming back.

Quick Reply: Listen up Ford engineers! Fix the F150!