1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best 6" lift for Superduty

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 02:16 PM
02superstroker
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All i have to say about this topic.. since it is beaten to death again and again is that I couldn't be any happier with my lift. I run an 8" superlift with bilsteins and cdon't have a single complaint.

Old 04-06-2004, 09:06 PM
Bobmurp1
Senior User
A am running the 6" Full Traction lift. They say you could run up to 37" tires with A 4" 5/8 back spacing on A 8" rim.

Old 04-06-2004, 10:52 PM
GwizRC
Senior User
I am new here, first time tossing my two cents in, but I have been reading since 10/03. I had a hard time deciding on a lift size and kit too. I didn’t want to go too tall but, I wanted to clear 35” tires and still tow a 5th wheel. It was a toss up between the Edge 4.5 hanger kit or 6” spring kit or the RCD 6” spring kit. I ruled out the Fabtec after talking with numerous people about the “current” Fabtec quality. I decided on the RCD 6” lift, springs in the front, blocks in the rear, single shock Bilstiens on all 4 corners. I had an opportunity to get the kit at Jobber cost. The ride is exactly what I hoped for and the quality of the kit is awesome. I was told before I bought it that it may sag a little with the 6.0. This was ok with me since I didn’t want to go too tall. By the way, I took some advice from another thread awhile ago about buying H2 rims and tire take offs from a Hummer dealer. I bought all 4 for $600 and sold the rims on ebay for $205. $395 for a set of BF Goodrich AT’s is a good price to me. Bilstiens is the only shock to have in my experience.

Old 04-07-2004, 09:00 PM
uponyou21
Senior User
Just picked up a 6"inch bds system all spring kit.The front springs have 10 leafs with military wrapped springs for the price can't go wrong

Old 04-08-2004, 11:56 AM
maximnole
Freshman User
I run a 6" BDS all spring and 37"x13.5x17 X-terrains on 9" rims. I had very minor rubbing on the very lower airdam which I trimmed back about an inch with a razor knife. Minor rubbing at full wheel lock which I took care of by making an adjustable steering stop. I have NO rubbing at any other time...to include speedbumps and pulling up in the yard, while new driveway was being poured, over a curb. Granted I haven't "jumped" the truck and never will, for daily driving and hunting it works perfect for me. Side note I have dual bilstiens up front.

Old 04-08-2004, 12:23 PM
jetjock16
Posting Guru
depends if you off road much?

i have 6" superlift select springs up front on a 3.5" hangar and could hit my 36" PJs if in a turn and full compression.. ive rubbed them before... but it was the entire front end off the ground coming down on that tire in a turn in that direction..... just info.

Old 04-08-2004, 03:34 PM
abendx
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by GwizRC
I ruled out the Fabtec after talking with numerous people about the “current” Fabtec quality.
i'd bet money these so called 'numerous' people are ones on my crucified list or people that aspire to be there. I will tell you first hand as an owner of fabtech...... you can't go wrong with FABTECH !!!!

Old 04-08-2004, 06:05 PM
Donahoe
Senior User
Originally Posted by abendx
i'd bet money these so called 'numerous' people are ones on my crucified list or people that aspire to be there. I will tell you first hand as an owner of fabtech...... you can't go wrong with FABTECH !!!!

Thanks for your input Brad. Abendx must be right. He does know just about everything there is to know about everything. So I guess this thread can stop. you cant go wrong with Fabtech....
I'm Glad we got that figured out.
Stop the thread now or more people will be put on his dreaded list and that would be bad.....ohhh and scary...

You dont want to "Aspire" to be on his list. Those of us that are on his list cant communicate with him. He has blocked us away from his Invaluable insight and years of Lifted truck knowlage. SO for Gods Sake stop the thread now before you anger the Master of all things posted on this forum. Or you will see his terrible wrath.

I hope I have saved you all from this terrible fate.

Old 04-08-2004, 06:11 PM
Donahoe
Senior User
Originally Posted by maximnole
I run a 6" BDS all spring and 37"x13.5x17 X-terrains on 9" rims. I had very minor rubbing on the very lower airdam which I trimmed back about an inch with a razor knife. Minor rubbing at full wheel lock which I took care of by making an adjustable steering stop. I have NO rubbing at any other time...to include speedbumps and pulling up in the yard, while new driveway was being poured, over a curb. Granted I haven't "jumped" the truck and never will, for daily driving and hunting it works perfect for me. Side note I have dual bilstiens up front.
Maximnole, The key to not rubbing is how narrow your rim is. You have the best set up for rim size for a superduty. The cool thing that most people dont know is you are also getting very little load on all your steering componets with that narrow rim. So in the long run you will have less problems with tie rods, Pit man arms, and sector shafts. All of which have a greater failure rate with bigger tires. Big tires and Wide rims over 10" are death to steering on a superduty.

Old 04-08-2004, 07:39 PM
GwizRC
Senior User
Originally Posted by abendx
To be EXACT, Numerous= 3 installers that sell Fabtec AND other brands (higher end AND Lower end) 2 friends that went with Fabtec and had either porblems or concerns, 1 "stranger" that regreted his decision and replaced it with Donahoe. I did not base my entire decision on info that I read on this site or any other site. I have NO personal expierence with Fabtec or RCD but for the price, I think that the RCD was a much better deal and it came with better shocks. I would have went with Donahoe if I coupld have bought it at the Jobber price like I did the RCD. Just my opinion.

Old 04-09-2004, 12:07 AM
Donahoe
Senior User
Originally Posted by GwizRC
To be EXACT, Numerous= 3 installers that sell Fabtec AND other brands (higher end AND Lower end) 2 friends that went with Fabtec and had either porblems or concerns, 1 "stranger" that regreted his decision and replaced it with Donahoe. I did not base my entire decision on info that I read on this site or any other site. I have NO personal expierence with Fabtec or RCD but for the price, I think that the RCD was a much better deal and it came with better shocks. I would have went with Donahoe if I coupld have bought it at the Jobber price like I did the RCD. Just my opinion.
RCD makes some great kits. I have never had a chance yet to ride in a superduty RCD lift but the IFS kits they make are really good. How is the ride?
I just have seen the parts and the springs. I wasnt too impressed with the leaf packs because they are not a progressive pack. But other then that it seems pretty good.

Old 04-09-2004, 02:01 AM
02superstroker
Posting Guru
*yawn*

Doesn't anyone else see that these arguments are the same that go on every few weeks in lift threads? Instead of always starting a new thread and allowing the flaming to begin, we should just start a weekly tradition of bringing back old threads.. that is, of course, the ones that arn't deleted. Come on guys.

Old 04-09-2004, 08:15 AM
Yeti
Post Fiend
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Donahoe
I just have seen the parts and the springs. I wasnt too impressed with the leaf packs because they are not a progressive pack..
Believe it or not, progressive packs do not fit everybody's application.
If I ran them, you would be sending me replacements after every winter, when I take off my snow plow.

Originally Posted by 02superstroker
*yawn*

Doesn't anyone else see that these arguments are the same that go on every few weeks in lift threads? Instead of always starting a new thread and allowing the flaming to begin, we should just start a weekly tradition of bringing back old threads.. that is, of course, the ones that arn't deleted. Come on guys.
Would that mean, that someone would actually have to use the search button and read tons of info on the subject?? That's crazy talk!!

Old 04-09-2004, 09:45 AM
Donahoe
Senior User
[QUOTE=Yeti]Believe it or not, progressive packs do not fit everybody's application.
If I ran them, you would be sending me replacements after every winter, when I take off my snow plow.

Oh Ye of little faith... We have tons of guys with snow plows. Why would we have to send you replacements? The spring wont sag. It might rust all to hell but it will never sag.

ANyways Glad you had a good time. Was this the first time you met Abendx? He is umpa lumpa size huh?

Old 04-09-2004, 10:06 AM
Yeti
Post Fiend
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Donahoe

Oh Ye of little faith... We have tons of guys with snow plows. Why would we have to send you replacements? The spring wont sag. It might rust all to hell but it will never sag.

ANyways Glad you had a good time. Was this the first time you met Abendx? He is umpa lumpa size huh?

Tons????

I want names, locations, type of plow, how much annual snow fall, type of snow, hours of use, and color of truck..

Yup, first time we have met, he is of normal size, I mean I didn't stare at him to long, he kinda of looked like he could rip the head off of a pitbull.

Although he did have the look of doggy love in his eyes, so I decided to get out of dodge...

Quick Reply: Best 6" lift for Superduty