Loss of RPM's

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 06:42 AM
SMc
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loss of RPM's

I love the performance of my 5.4, but the one thing that drives me crazy is the slight loss of RPMs on acceleration at about 3,000 RPMs. Is this common on the 5.4? Anything you can do to change it? My father in law has the 4.6 and it does the same thing !

Old 04-02-2004, 01:55 PM
turbo TED
Senior User
SMc; Raised compression levels due to carbon build up can seem the mod motors to hesitate on or off the line, first of all change the fuel filter then buy
some SEAFOAM 3 cans of the engine cleaner & 1 can of the DEEPCREAP use them as the directions say except for the in tank portion pour 2 cans in the gas tank for best results, I do this every time we take a trip even if it is just 100 miles or less, if we have not taken a trip in 5K miles I just pour in 2 cans
in to the gas tank & just use it with our in town driving, if you do this to the
vehicle every 5K miles for the next year [25K miles] you will notice a new level of power that you had when it was new. The SEAFOAM even out preforms some good brands of octane boosters but the best thing about the SEAFOAM is that it realy does what they say it does. LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
. TURBO TED

Old 04-04-2004, 10:17 PM
SMc
Freshman User
I'm not sure it is a loss of power since I purchased. The slight loss of RPM has been there since day one. It happens right around 3000 RPM it drops slightly then picks back up.

Old 04-05-2004, 04:49 PM
LxMan1

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
try changing the fuel filter and cleaning the MAF.