Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

New "Groups" feature

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 08:11 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
New "Groups" feature

I think the idea of making the chapters as groups is a really great idea. There will be more types of opportunities for making posts, etc. in the group format. I have had a "group" in Yahoo for a long time and I love the features Yahoo has in each group. Now, I'm not sure what all features there are, but in Yahoo groups, you have a photo area where each member can be allotted a certain amount of space for personal pics or whatever. Also on the front page of the group, a photo can be placed at the top and changed regularly. This would be a great spot for each of us, at one time or another, to have our vehicle or a picture of some place defining our locality. There are a lot of options.

I guess this is a great place to think about making the group moderator/president ( whatever ) nominations. The moderator in Yahoo groups can assign moderation privileges to any member he or she chooses. I don't know if that will apply here, but in any case more than one moderator for a group would make sense and....I'd like to nominate our present moderator first off.
Have at it folks.

Old 03-31-2004, 12:33 AM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I thank ye kindly Dick.

The groups would be headed by a President, who would not have moderator priviledges, and would consequently not have to meet the current moderator guidelines. Dick jumped right on this one. I am supposed to conduct a poll. I would appreciate a nomination from everyone that posts here, email it to me via FTE. I will post a poll with the nominations in two weeks time.

Thanks, Matt.