Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series modelsSPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2004, 10:26 PM
New User

mnip1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exclamation Will a baby carseat fit in an extended cab ranger?

I may be buying a ford ranger from a buddy who is getting it from his dad. He says it's a mid 90's extended cab. Will a carseat for a baby fit in the backseat?
Old 03-29-2004, 10:37 PM
New User

mnip1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bueller? Anyone? Anyone?
Old 03-29-2004, 10:42 PM
Elder User

99 ranger bob is starting off with a positive reputation.
well if it does it will be real tight the only one which i could see goin in back there is the one for a non newborn rear facing seat the ones that the baby sits in from like one year tothe time they get the booster seat would work.. if i remember correct the rear seat in a ranger isnt a couple of side facing jump seats its a small bench seat youll have to stick it between the backs of the front seats tho
Old 03-30-2004, 01:03 AM
The Pacifier

bigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputation
I have an extended cab Ranger, but I don't think it's big enough back there to fit a baby seat.

In my truck, there's a tether under the back of the front seat in the middle so I could put a baby seat in the front seat. Would probably make for a very cramped front seat.

You could always mount a baby seat in the bed.
Old 03-30-2004, 01:36 AM
Posting Guru

maticuno is starting off with a positive reputation.
It strictly says do not put a child seat in a center facing jump seat. Only in the front passenger seat. Easy solution though, leave the kid at home. It's what my parents did for me and look how well I turned out! *twitch, twitch*
Old 03-30-2004, 04:04 PM
Elder User

98xlt4x4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have seen a baby seat mounted in the rear (center facing) seat of a Ranger. Looked like they had a pretty hard time getting the baby in/out though. And like other have mentions, baby seats really should face forward or rear, could do serious damage if you get in a wreck and the baby is pushed sideways (if that makes any sense). Worst case, put the baby in the passenger seat and make passengers ride in back. I think all models of Rangers that have airbags have a shutoff for the passenger. That would be your best bet.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:24 PM
Freshman User

rangerdriverforlife is starting off with a positive reputation.
For safety's sake, don't put the kid in the jump seat. Car seats are meant to be installed facing forward or backward, not sideways. Our children are our future (scary, huh?)
Old 03-31-2004, 07:14 PM
Posting Guru

racsan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.racsan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
i had a child seat for my daughter in the jump seat of my '88 s/c. had to use tarp straps to keep it from wallering around, probapbly wasnt the best idea to do but at the time it was the only thing we had to drive and my (full-figured) wife wasnt able to fit in the jump seat herself, and even though i could, she couldnt drive stick. i think it was safe, but you never know what may happen in a crash. wasnt easy to get child in/out. we did later get a astro for the wife and it became the "family" vehicle for a few years until we got the taurus.
http://www.therangerstation.com/foru...d.php?t=148057
Old 03-31-2004, 07:54 PM
Freshman User

mazdanotaford is starting off with a positive reputation.
What about putting a 4year old in the pass side seat and let the old lady sit in the middle in a single cab? id rather she just not go but she wont stop!, tried the back but she complains about that as well!
Old 03-31-2004, 07:54 PM