Dealer logo's on trucks

Old 03-29-2004, 10:44 AM
TxLimo
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer logo's on trucks

Hey Jeff- Do you ever have people request your dealerships logo sticker or plastic logo 'thingy' not be put on new vehicles? I don't want it put on mine, but the dealer says he cant assure me it wont be put on my truck when it arrives. Is there some problem with this request that I'm not aware of?

Old 03-29-2004, 10:49 AM
lariatf150
Senior User
Jeff doesn't put them on (I bought one from him). I asked about this too. I told him NO goofy sticker on my paint and he said they don't do that. They only use the license plate frame. Oh, and of course they etch their dealer name in your glass with very large font Just kidding on the last one

And I might add...if the dealer can't comply with a simple and reasonable request like no sticker on my paint, you should tell them..."well, maybe I can't be sure I'll be in to pick it up then!" No excuse for stickers on new paint in my opinion. I remember in the old days of the gray steel bumper, we had dealers STAMPING their name into the bumpers of trucks. Wow...screw that! That was a long time ago though.

Last edited by lariatf150; 03-29-2004 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:12 AM
TxLimo
Senior User
We have a law now that we can't have license plate frames if they obscure any part of the license plate...something like that (TX), so maybe thats why the dealer wants to put a sticker on my truck. But you're right, I guess I'm going to have to INSIST on no sticker or else no truck. My dealers been a royal pain in the ***, so I really don't feel like giving him free advertising on my perty new truck...

Old 03-29-2004, 12:03 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, because I know I've seen a dealer's name on the back of a vehicle, and I've run right over there and bought a truck! Just because of the sticker! What a waste of advertising dollars.

Old 03-29-2004, 12:40 PM
Mudlord
Senior User
Well, I don't want those stickers on my vehicles, either, but they come in handy when you're sitting in traffic and looking around. Sometimes you see cars with local plates but dealer stickers from other states - kind of points towards a history of the car. Helps pass the time.

Old 03-29-2004, 12:44 PM
lariatf150
Senior User
I wouldn't complain about a sticker on the window...even though I don't want it. At least with that you can use a razor blade to scrape it off and you wouldn't even know it used to be there. I can't believe people stick things on the paint.

Old 03-29-2004, 12:58 PM
PW01
Posting Guru
I had the plastic dealer "emblem" on my truck, and removed it. I used dental floss to "cut" the glue between the emblem and the paint, then removed the glue with Goo-Gone. I waxed the area, and you can't tell it was ever there.

Old 03-29-2004, 02:13 PM
fatman66
Senior User
well you could always insist that if the dealer puts a sticker on your truck that you want to hang a big picture with your name on it in his showroom...fair is fair

Old 03-29-2004, 02:24 PM
TxLimo
Senior User
Originally Posted by fatman66
well you could always insist that if the dealer puts a sticker on your truck that you want to hang a big picture with your name on it in his showroom...fair is fair

Or rather, I could superglue the pic to HIS paintjob....

Old 03-29-2004, 02:58 PM
JDandSvn
New User
If you haven't signed the paperwork, make "No dealer advertising to be placed on/in vehicle" a part of the contract. Another approach would be to tell the dealer "Fine, but my advertising rates are $$/day. By placing your dealer name on my vehicle, you agree to pay me, in advance, for 3 years of advertising fees."

Despite what they may say, the vehicle will be yours. You have the right not to let them muck it up.

Old 03-29-2004, 03:25 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
I know this has been discussed before, but I'm always amazed when people expect to be paid an advertising fee when a dealer puts their name on the back of a vehicle. Yet, we all wear Levis, Nikes, Calvin Klein, etc... with THEIR name plastered all over OUR clothing, but we never expect an advertising fee from THEM. If you don't want the dealer sticker, fine- but these demands for payment from people wearing brand labels on their clothing just blows my mind.

Old 03-29-2004, 03:46 PM
JDandSvn
New User
Yet, those are manufacturer's names. Not the retailer's name.

Nothing has been said about Ford's (the manufacturer) name being removed or an advertising fee because of it being on the vehicle.

Old 03-29-2004, 03:58 PM
TxLimo
Senior User
JDandSvn-
Good Point.

Besides Jeff, I'm real close to embarrassed for having dealt with this *ahem* dealership. I am, however, of the opinion that it's COOL to drive a FORD.

Old 03-29-2004, 09:26 PM
william andrew
Freshman User
Yep--Yep
I just went and looked.
There it is,one of those @%#$&% chrome plastic things glued on my tailgate.
Why did'nt I notice it before now!
I guess i'm gitin Stoooopid now.

Old 03-29-2004, 10:06 PM
jdmclemore
Senior User
Yep, when I order my 2005 Lariat that's one of the things on my list - no ads on my truck! If a dealership wants your business, this should be a pretty simple request. If they can't, I would leave on principal alone!

Some ads are worse than others. Here in the Dallas area I see Dodge Rams rolling around with this ridiculously huge "Lone Star Dodge" chrome badge on the side, right under the "Ram 1500" badge - they're about the same size! Ugly! I wish I had a picture.....

Found some pics. I would be furious if my truck came home looking like this...

Last edited by jdmclemore; 03-29-2004 at 10:35 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealer logo's on trucks