Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2011, 08:21 PM
New User

wapiti57 is starting off with a positive reputation.
4R100 Flashing Shift Selector Switch

I had the same problem since yesterday. I took it to the dealership today to have the codes read. It is the "Torque Converter Shift Solenoid" located inside the transmission. I was close to flushing it again anyway so I am going to replace it tomorrow and flush it at the same time. Heres hoping it cures it.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:09 PM
New User

md2of2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi I hope you may be able to help me, my previous post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, I'd like to first say I have done alot of research on this site and found it to be an invaluable tool, thanks so much. My current issue is that my od light blinks more often than not but seems to be intermintent, it also has broblems hitting the passing gear. If I accelerate from a stop sign at half throttle everything works fine, pedal to the metal it reaches approx 3500 rpm and seems to lunge and will not shift untill I let off the pedal. I should note that it seems to shift at about 2500 rpm in normal situation, it also does this on freeway doing about 70 and I punch it and nothin it actually slows down, unless I really feather it than I can get her up to 80. Ive also thrown some trouble codes. They are as follows, p0174 and p0171, p1130 and p1150, and also p0443. The 1st 4 I beleive are related to a bad 02 sensor, what do you guys think. The last p0443 I have'nt a clue. My real question I guess is could these issues be affecting the tranny performance. I should also add that it has taken a long time for it to warm up even when it's hot out, in fact if I give it gas before it's warm it almost seems to backfire. I am not sure how to tell what trans I have. Thanks for any info in advance and thanks for taking your time to be a part of this site. I recently rebuilt the whole front en of my truck and could not have done it without you guys.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:29 AM
New User

OD light blinking

I took mine to a tranny shop and had them rebuild it at a cost of 2800.00
I now wish I had started with installing a new converter instead. I watched him tear my tranny apart and everything looked good, no burning etc. I think the converter would have been the best place to start.
Also I after the rebuild I now have a vibration that starts about 38 miles an hour and lasts until 45 MPH. I think my converter is faulty, who knew this guy would use checker junk parts. It was a shop and I trusted him. There is an unlimited warranty for three years but he doesn't want to hear that something is wrong.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Post Fiend

Mark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputation
None of your codes are transmission codes. They probably are why you have problems. Fix them and the trans will most likely be fine.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 06-30-2012, 09:17 AM
New User

NickHeilman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exclamation Help before i waist time and money!!!!!!!

A response to this would be greatly appreciated. I recently had to rebuild my transfer case and upon the re install the tail end out put shaft gasket wasn't seated properly so my transmission was slowly leaking. I tried to keep a close eye on it up until i had the time to pull the transfer case and seat it correctly. However in the mean time i started to notice a random series of hard shifts, i would simply add fluid and the problem went away. I decided to check my fluid level after it started showing up more frequently and discovered i was nearly 3 quarts high. i drained fluid multiple times before i got it just right and it seemed to fix everything for a while until i took about a 45 min trip on the highway doing 65 my cruse control randomly kicked off and the overdrive light on the shift selector started flashing, i pulled over and let the truck sit for a little while fired it back up and everything was fine until driving down the road for a while again and it would do the same thing. This made me think that the transmission fluid had foamed up so i added a bottle of fluid stabilizer and the next day all hell broke loose. while in drive it would seem as if it kicked out of gear and tried to shift back in and was grinding. upon letting it sit i can access all forward gears however it will not shift into reverse it just grinds until it grinds to a stop and then slams into reverse. Ive done some research and a lot of problems people have with the ford E4OD transmissions stem from a dirty filter and bad fluid. could all this be caused by this? "sorry for such a long message i just want anyone reading to be fully informed" its a 95 f250 7.3 turbo diesel. bw1356 transfer case E4OD automatic transmission. Thank you so much for your time and opinions.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:20 PM
New User

md2of2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
good luck

I'm not a tranny savant but sounds like something bad. I still have'nt fixed my issues but my tranny never did anything like that. Find a good tranny shop, try to stay away from any company that has 2 A's in it's name.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickHeilman View Post
A response to this would be greatly appreciated. I recently had to rebuild my transfer case and upon the re install the tail end out put shaft gasket wasn't seated properly so my transmission was slowly leaking. I tried to keep a close eye on it up until i had the time to pull the transfer case and seat it correctly. However in the mean time i started to notice a random series of hard shifts, i would simply add fluid and the problem went away. I decided to check my fluid level after it started showing up more frequently and discovered i was nearly 3 quarts high. i drained fluid multiple times before i got it just right and it seemed to fix everything for a while until i took about a 45 min trip on the highway doing 65 my cruse control randomly kicked off and the overdrive light on the shift selector started flashing, i pulled over and let the truck sit for a little while fired it back up and everything was fine until driving down the road for a while again and it would do the same thing. This made me think that the transmission fluid had foamed up so i added a bottle of fluid stabilizer and the next day all hell broke loose. while in drive it would seem as if it kicked out of gear and tried to shift back in and was grinding. upon letting it sit i can access all forward gears however it will not shift into reverse it just grinds until it grinds to a stop and then slams into reverse. Ive done some research and a lot of problems people have with the ford E4OD transmissions stem from a dirty filter and bad fluid. could all this be caused by this? "sorry for such a long message i just want anyone reading to be fully informed" its a 95 f250 7.3 turbo diesel. bw1356 transfer case E4OD automatic transmission. Thank you so much for your time and opinions.
Morale of this story is to fix something when you see it's bad...... sorry man. Looks like an overhaul is in store for you.

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 06-30-2012, 05:24 PM
New User

NickHeilman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the imput

Thanks for the responses. I will update this page after i try a complete transmission flush although i am not holding my breath. My buddy who is fully ase certified told me that it is possible that since i have old walmart brand atf in it that simply swapping it out with a new filter and valvoline with some lucas might do the trick. however all in all he beleives that i may have burned out the main drive band in it. either way ill update everyone and let you know what was wrong. what fixed it and how much it cost. Thanks everyone
Old 08-14-2012, 01:52 AM
New User

Mr-Earthmover is starting off with a positive reputation.
My (TCIL) flashed to day after Leaving the 02 f250 @ work over night. I just started the engine the auto was still in park when it started to blink It did so for 3 or 4 times so I pushed the button in & out twice & it stoped but I'm still worried about it the trans has only about 10,000kms since a complete rebuild
Old 08-14-2012, 06:45 AM
New User

I have learned the hard way

Check your speed sensor in the rear-end. 30.00 and it might cure it.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:21 AM
Post Fiend

Mark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Earthmover View Post
My (TCIL) flashed to day after Leaving the 02 f250 @ work over night. I just started the engine the auto was still in park when it started to blink It did so for 3 or 4 times so I pushed the button in & out twice & it stoped but I'm still worried about it the trans has only about 10,000kms since a complete rebuild
Either randomly replace parts hoping for the right one or get the codes read so that you will KNOW what needs attention. The places that read codes free can't read codes that make the OD OFF light flash.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 08-14-2012, 01:37 PM
New User

OD Light

The ones that charge can't either. They told me that it was the lockup solenoid. Wrong; it was the speed sensor in the rear-end.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Senior User

mtnsammy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
This is funny and interesting at the same time. I have an AE scanner and can pull all codes with no problem. However my OD light blinks too only sometimes and never throws a code. After a few it goes away. I blame it on electrical ghosts as the radio also comes and goes. Truck has 225,000 miles on it and has been run hard. If the tranny needs rebuilding I will do it when the tow truck needs to be called. Other than a blinking light nothing sounds or runs bad. I still believe it is a common wire/short issue and I just need to find it when it is blinking.

I firmly believe in scans. If my truck was throwing any codes I would stop right now and take it to a tranny shop. No codes no shop. The gassers are a little different with the scanner but I still see the need for scannng to save time and not throw usless parts at the problem.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:00 AM
New User

thejefe is starting off with a positive reputation.
I didn't have a blinking light, but mine would not stay locked up in 4th or Od. would shift in and out of lock-up constantly. have an innova code scanner that saw no DTC's. Hooked up the superchips cortex tuner to try going to stock settings and see what happens and it showed a DTC P1125 throttle position sensor TPS intermittent open or shorted condition. replaced the TPS and fixed the problem.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:00 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2000, 2001, blinking, blinks, f150, f250, flashing, ford, light, overdrive, ranger, slips, superduty, truck, v10