2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCab vs. SCrew

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 10:33 PM
ultramax21
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the rear doors on the Scab because of how quick it is to pop it open upon exiting the vehicle to grab my book bag out of the back seat and head to class. Just wish I had a key slot on the passenger side when I have to get something off that side and the door is locked. I don't cary the "fob" thing as it seems to bulky in my pocket with all my keys.

Old 03-31-2004, 01:20 AM
2004supacrewlariat
Senior User
Screw for me. I hunt a lot. In the past my buddies would take extra vehicles due to lack of space. Having six adult passengers makes those six-seven our trips go by quick. We never run out of topics. We on the other hand can run out of the truck without having locked or stiff knees. It just depends on how, and who will be using the truck.

Old 03-31-2004, 01:27 AM
fordguy61mi
Senior User
Yeah but 6 guys who've been eating chili all week on a hunting trip? I don't know if riding home with them would be my idea of comfort...lol. Whew!!

Old 03-31-2004, 08:33 PM
tag1
Freshman User
Originally Posted by dusty1
Man, I have to wait until 8 April to hear how the trip went? The suspense is killing me!
Hang in there, I'm leaving in two days! Good news; I'm getting away from work.....RELAXATION with my son and buddies! Bad news; Just got off of the phone with my buddy from Tennessee. He is a state conservation officer assigned to Kentucky Lake. He is also a fishing guide. He stated that a cold front just came through and the crappie are not moving in yet! Hopfully that will change by Friday. To bad you're in Virginia or I would have invited you to meet us for some good fishing, good food, and some great stories. (9) county and state police officers, active and retired, guarantee some (LOL) stories!!!!

Old 04-01-2004, 01:00 AM
br8thw8
New User
I had a 2000 SCab and now I own a 2004 SCrew. I really liked my 2000 SCab but I made the switch to the SCrew because of the back door situation. It was a pain when going to the Costco and opening and closing the front door to load/unload the backseat. If you are parked between vehicles you kinda get trapped with the door situation. I use the backseat area of my truck more than the bed, and what I've needed to haul in the bed has not been a problem with the shorted bed. Hope this helps....

Old 04-01-2004, 03:50 AM
fordguy61mi
Senior User
You park between two cars? After getting my last vehicle literally trashed by door bangers everywhere I park out in the middle of BFE where ever I go to avoid it again.

Old 04-01-2004, 08:14 AM
jason_blamire
New User
It really depends what you want to do with the truck. If you use it for hauling a lot of larger stuff, then you will likely want to go with the SCab and a 6' box. If not, or if your family is tall (like mine... 5'10" - 6;4") then putting someone in the back of an SCab is cruel and unusual punishment and you might bet better of with the SCrew.

Your kids might prefer the SCrew if you do a lot of long distance driving (vacations, etc...)

Actually I'm 6'4" and I had a 2004 SCrew XLT for a 3 week rental, and I found it to be an absolutly beautiful truck, and I had lots of room in the back too. I don't do a lot of hauling, except for camping.

Even the SCrew had lots of room in the bed because it was sooooo deep. Or at least compaired to my 96 Ranger

Last edited by jason_blamire; 04-01-2004 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:10 AM
eauclaire
Junior User
Hey forguy61mi,
How's I-75 south on Sunday anymore? I imagine living in Saline you have a long trip from Grayling or North(UP)? I used to live in Bay City and have to completely avoid I-75 on Fridays and Sundays, escpecially in November...

I bet you need a shop vac to get the chili exhaust out of the seats!

Old 04-01-2004, 02:57 PM
spearchucker
New User
I have the SCREW and an old F150 SuperCab, there is no way I would every by a Supercab again. SCREW is the only way.

And the bed just isn't too short. I had the same emotional reaction. And that is all it was. Emotional. The bed extender makes up for it if you need more room sometimes. Otherwise, just like with the SuperCab, you need to put the tailgate donw to haul around 4X8 wood, which i do quite often.

By new 2004 SCREW seats are way more comfortable and we actually use the DVD system in the back on trips.

Old 04-01-2004, 04:36 PM
F150Texan
Posting Guru
Talking

I was a little concerned about the small bed at first, but I also have 3 rather tall teenagers so the SCrew was the only option in my situation.

The 5' bed hasn't presented one problem for due to the fact that I have a heavy duty trailer should I need to haul stuff. My ice chest fits just fine in the 5' bed...hehehe

Old 04-01-2004, 04:45 PM
LSUFX4
Senior User
I bought the Scab because i was tired of having to drivie my friends everywhere with my friends in my sport trac. I also wanted the bigger bed to throw more gear in for camping. The "backseats" if you want to call them in the Scab are good for riding around in for about 30mins, but i never have to ride back there cause it is my truck. I use those back seats to hide the subwoofer and hold all my flight gear. I bought my wife an Escape if we ever have kids they can ride with mom.

Old 04-02-2004, 05:39 AM
tartan1
New User
clam shell doors

Clamshell doors on extended cab trucks are a real pain...you are parked at the shopping center with a vehicle on either side of you........you return with your cart.... opening the two doors and getting your cart between them is impossible. I have ownwd 99, 02 and 03 Silverados LTs with extended cab and switched to a 04 Lariat Supercrew.this truck and the door setup is. far superior

Old 04-02-2004, 06:05 AM
hovy
Senior User
LOL! First I "never" park my things of beauty between parked cars. I alway park on the fringes of parking lots. The walk is good for me. It is funny to look at the door panels of the parked cars, as you get closer to the store the cars get worse as you get closer to the door. I Like the scab because it is much easier for me to get at tools and things when both doors are open with no door post in the way. Also I like a 133" wheel base because of it's maneuverability as well as its good looks.. Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-02-2004, 08:10 AM
fordguy61mi
Senior User
Talking

I agree with you totally. I never park near other cars when I can and I LOVE my Supercab and the way the doors come out!

Originally Posted by hovy
LOL! First I "never" park my things of beauty between parked cars. I alway park on the fringes of parking lots. The walk is good for me. It is funny to look at the door panels of the parked cars, as you get closer to the store the cars get worse as you get closer to the door. I Like the scab because it is much easier for me to get at tools and things when both doors are open with no door post in the way. Also I like a 133" wheel base because of it's maneuverability as well as its good looks.. Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-02-2004, 09:50 AM
2004supacrewlariat
Senior User
Originally Posted by fordguy61mi
Yeah but 6 guys who've been eating chili all week on a hunting trip? I don't know if riding home with them would be my idea of comfort...lol. Whew!!

Yeah, but you gotta pay to play! Makes getting home really nice. I prefer Dennisons, with a couple hot dogs. some jerky, kippered fish, and sunflower seeds topped with two cheveron burritos on the way home.

Quick Reply: SCab vs. SCrew