New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

good mechanic in nyc area

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 10:40 PM
getcha
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good mechanic in nyc area

I was wondering if anybody knows of any good mechanics in the nyc area...willing to go to long island, westchester and jersey if necessary...I need a thorough tuneup and someone that can pull the codes from my Bronco as my idle has been going crazy....it has been revving at about 1500-1800 rpm and I want to pull the codes before I start buying tps sensors, etc. By the way I have a 93 XLT with the 5.8...it only has 57k original miles and I'd like to find someone with some experience with Broncos who can get it running great. Thanks

Old 03-31-2004, 04:24 PM
tommytorino
Senior User
Hi
Been a while since I spum wrenches on a 5.8 F.I. engine but it sounds like you might have a vacuum leak. If I remember correctly that was pretty common on those back in the day.

Hope this helps.
Tommy

Old 04-02-2004, 11:47 AM
FordTuff1
Senior User
Hello,well i know a good mechanic in the brooklyn area that is very straight foward and wont lead you in the wrong direction,if you think it is something and he looks at it and its not he will tell you thats not the problem and he will find out whats wrong with your truck he is really good he is located on 65th street and Ft.Hamilton parkway he runs and ownes the shell shop his name is Mike if thats not to far from you try him out i think you will like him.Let me know what happens,and where are you from?Good Luck