Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Truck show/Ohio Chapter get-together

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 09:12 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Lightbulb Truck show/Ohio Chapter get-together

It's getting that time of the year.....WARMTH. Well, not this week, but soon .

MAY 1st in Hebron, Ohio is the Buckeye Vintage Haulers (chapter of the Am. Truck Hist. Society) 9th annual "Truck Show". That's the first sat. in May. Show starts at 9am at the chevy dealer on Rt. 40. It's a one light town, so you can't miss the dealership. The show is on the truck lot on the south side of street. I plan on being there with my '59 Mack and '69 F100.

It by no means is a concourse type show. As long as it's a truck, it fits in. No trophies or judging- just a get together for guys who like trucks. We had a count of 90 last year(from 1910-1980+), rigs to pickups.

I'm thinking if there is a nice showing, we could have a little shin-dig of our own. There is usually a food vendor there, but if we put our heads together maybe we could cook up our own food and hang out together. I'll have my race trailer there with refrig, running water and I have a small gas grill. I can check with club to make sure we aren't stepping on any toes, but I dont think it will be a issue. Maybe a show of hands to see if there is enough interest. It's just a short month away.

The weather has cooperated for the last 3 yrs I have been there. I'll put a call in for sun and 70degrees .

Anyhow, anyone have some input, thoughts, ideas.

No matter what, I'll be there.
Larry

Old 03-16-2004, 09:24 PM
ncl
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
where is hebron?

Old 03-18-2004, 08:03 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

East of Columbus, north of Rt 70.

Old 03-21-2004, 09:31 AM
Bruin52
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Larry, I work in Hebron and should have a '78 F100 to take there by then. I'll be the third owner of it, buying it from the original owners son. The engine has been changed from an M to a 351W. My plan is to restore it back to original and convert it to a camper/weekend fun truck. Truck or not, I'll see you there. It's about 30 minutes from me here in Z-ville.

Old 03-21-2004, 10:04 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

I back roaded it last year for a trip in the country, but it was tough with all them small towns and the Mack not being a powerhouse to pull some of the steep hills. I had a couple run-ins with buggies and that was not fun either.

I think I will come down 77 and across 70. I got the cruise control hooked up again in the Mack(hand throttle ) so highway driving is much nicer not having to work the pedal.

Larry

Old 04-09-2004, 07:08 PM
Monster 78 F-150 4X4
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey we should also probaly have an end of year get together at summit truckfest (ill have my 78 together by then) in september. Also freight train I saw your white truck at hodges to day when I went to lunch today since Im on spring break (I work at west end) and thats a good lookin truck

Old 04-11-2004, 07:23 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Thanks...it got a bath yesterday. It needed it BAD!!!!
Winter salt, road grime from the highway, rain........
I have a hard time keeping it looking decent, even for a white truck. The white letter tires were looking like black walls....

I just hate winter anymore.

Old 04-22-2004, 12:34 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Well the count down begins................May 1st is just about a week a way

Good news....I pick up the front sheetmetal for the Mack tonight so I will start getting it together for this weekend so I can haul my race car to the track . Weather permitting

This means that all should be well and ready for the Hebron show on Sat, May 1st. Bowman Chevrolet is the place.

Hope to see some of you guys there
Got my vote in for a NICE sunny day..........

Old 04-22-2004, 01:37 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
freightrain are we having a cookout there? for the gathering. and about what ime does it start and end?

Old 04-22-2004, 01:42 PM
biggieou
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys I wont be able to make it. Big Swap Meet in Canfield that weekend. Anyways my trucks not done yet, I woulda had to bring the Mustang or Fairlane

Old 04-23-2004, 10:29 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

As for cookout......I still need to check with the big wigs, but I don't see a problem. I've got the equipment to do it(one of those table top grilles and a big propane bottle).

It starts at 9am(but they get there earlier too) to like 3 pm or so. I plan on getting there between 8:30-9am. I've got to get a spot to put the trailer, then unload pickup and get things parked.

I'll try to get confirmation sometime this weekend. If all goes well(it should) I'd like a head count for burgers, I'll thru some pop in the cooler. Not sure if BYOB is a good thing(unless you keep it hid). Not sure how friendly it would be if they saw it floating around. If you have been to shows, that is one thing that is not really allowed.

I'll keep things updated.

BTW, I brought my front sheetmetal home last night for the Mack.... . MAN!!!! Beautiful . Now if I can get the rest of it painted up that shiny . Can't wait til I beat it up trying to get it re-hung again

Old 04-23-2004, 09:04 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
it depends on how early of a start i get, but i hope to get there by 8'ish, i'll bring some soda's and other snacks too if you'd like me too, i'll have my 8 yrold son with me, never too early teach'em about Fords.

Old 04-26-2004, 10:20 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Well, spoke to the high'r ups tonight. Everything is a go!

All I can do is put a good word in for SUNSHINE!!!

It doesn't look too promising right now....but lord knows they can't forecast ONE day in advance let alone a week

The "cookout" is open for suggestions. If we want to, or if anyone cares. If the weather holds out that day . I guess I will probably make the trip even if it does rain in the morning. Can't go racing anyway(if raining), so I might as well make a road trip

A show of hands for a head count if interested
If things don't look good, then I'll just get some lunch meat and make sandwiches. I guess it would be neat to have a nice get-together, but if it does not work out....maybe next time. Just trying to show some support here.

Old 04-26-2004, 11:18 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
eitherway,rain or shine, my son & and me are making the trip, anyplace you want us{FTE'ERS} to meet?

Old 04-27-2004, 07:18 AM
Bruin52
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like a good weekend coming up for the Hebron meet. I'll stroll in around 9:00 and sit for a couple of hours. If I bring my girlfriend, no making fun of the 454 tatoo on the back of her neck. I'm trying to get that covered up with a 3 inch Ford oval, so far no luck. However, little Miss WON'T ever own a Ford does want a Focus now. Wish me luck and see you all there. Where are we meeting at, Freightrain's truck?

Quick Reply: Truck show/Ohio Chapter get-together