General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.
View Poll Results: Are Kerry's claims truth or fiction?
Truth
17.81%
Fiction
82.19%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Kerry - Truth or Fiction?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 11:36 AM
texas60guy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kerry - Truth or Fiction?

Regarding John Kerry's claim that he has been in communication with foreign leaders who want him to be elected instead of Bush:

In your opinion, is he telling the truth or making it up?

Old 03-16-2004, 11:49 AM
samia
Junior User
He was getting emails from foreign leaders over the internet that Al Gore invented. Or maybe the intern dropped the paper work under the desk. Or maybe..................he's lying!!!!

Old 03-16-2004, 11:54 AM
jpsartre12
Posting Guru
Re: Kerry - Truth or Fiction?

Originally posted by texas60guy
Regarding John Kerry's claim that he has been in communication with foreign leaders who want him to be elected instead of Bush:

In your opinion, is he telling the truth or making it up?
I think that he communicates with extra-terrestrials and thinks that they're "foreign leaders" , so technically speaking, I'd say he's telling the truth.

Old 03-16-2004, 11:55 AM
Kannata
Senior User
Letterman had good one last night.

Something to the effect of-

"Kerry has said he has received support from several foreign heads of state, but he can't name names. Fortunately, nor can Bush."

I got a chuckle out of it.

Kannata

Old 03-16-2004, 01:50 PM
dhermesc
Posting Guru
North Korea has voiced support for Kerry - whether or not they have called is another story. Their support for the democrat party - like China's - probably arrives in the form of suitcases full of cash, ala Al Gore.

Gotta love the Kerry campaign responce when questioned about - Bush is trying to change the issue.

Old 03-16-2004, 02:34 PM
ajstephan
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sure! Kerry's fan club includes North Korea, China, Cuba, Syria, Iran, Aristide, Osama Bin Laden, Sadaam...

Old 03-16-2004, 04:14 PM
jskufan
Posting Guru
Let's see, I'm trying to come up with a country that would like to see George Bush re-elected, hmmmmmm, give me a second, sorry, if I think of one later I'll post it!!

Old 03-16-2004, 04:31 PM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
Well,if it happens to be true,that would be more communicating than Bush has done.I don't recall a president being so weak on foreign policy.

Old 03-16-2004, 05:13 PM
jpsartre12
Posting Guru
Originally posted by Fordfaggiole
Well,if it happens to be true,that would be more communicating than Bush has done.I don't recall a president being so weak on foreign policy.
Again, I guess deposing two tyrannical regimes in 3 years is what, chopped liver?

Old 03-16-2004, 05:26 PM
Kannata
Senior User
What does alienating everyone else count for? The onions?

Kannata

Old 03-16-2004, 05:29 PM
jpsartre12
Posting Guru
Originally posted by Kannata
What does alienating everyone else count for? The onions?

Kannata
So Kannata, It's not easy being green, is it?

Old 03-16-2004, 05:33 PM
FordFadgeole
Postmaster
Who has Bush negotiated with?What peaceful solutions has he actually brought about?He's waged war on 2 fronts,but what foreign policy problems has solved?The wars he has created are far from over.The only thing that I can think of is Libya.Thats why the rest of the world despises Bush.All he knows is force.Some foreign policy.What has he done for middle east peace?Thats the root of our problem.Our support of Israel.Whats he done to ease tensions over there?Perhaps a different leader would at least be able to negotiate with foreign governments.Thats certainally something Bush can't do.

Old 03-16-2004, 05:42 PM
Kannata
Senior User
Originally posted by jpsartre12
So Kannata, It's not easy being green, is it?
I don't get it.

Kannata

On edit: I should have put that one together.

green=frog=France

Well that's one anyway.

Old 03-16-2004, 05:47 PM
dhermesc
Posting Guru
Will the election of Kerry be a return of the "Good Old Days" like under Clinton? You know where our dead soldiers are dragged through the streets naked. Or when we bomb aspirin factories in the name of peace and launch hundreds of cruise missiles during impeachment hearings and ask for delays. Or our naval ships and embassies are bombed at will with no fear of retaliation. Or wars in the Balklands are launched without even informing the UN or our NATO Allies.

We could only hope for the glory days of great foreign policy under Carter where we actually have our embassies invaded and the staff taken prisoner. Anybody recall that great Peace in the Middle East claim of his? Does anybody really want to mention Johnson?

I'll take the current status anyday.

Old 03-16-2004, 05:50 PM
jpsartre12
Posting Guru
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fordfaggiole
Who has Bush negotiated with?

Bush will soon be negotiating with the FIRST DEMOCRATIC Middle Eastern country in the world. The one he helped create, Iraq.

What peaceful solutions has he actually brought about?He's waged war on 2 fronts,but what foreign policy problems has solved?

How about the removal of a cancer in the Middle East that threatened its neighbors? I'm sure that Kuwait, Iran and Saudia Arabia and happy to see Saddam out.

The wars he has created are far from over.The only thing that I can think of is Libya.Thats why the rest of the world despises Bush.All he knows is force.Some foreign policy.

Effective, huh?

What has he done for middle east peace?Thats the root of our problem.Our support of Israel.Whats he done to ease tensions over there?Perhaps a different leader would at least be able to negotiate with foreign governments.Thats certainally something Bush can't do.

So, what's your plan? Do we leave Israel, a nation that the WWII Allies created I might add, fend for itself against all of its neighbors who have pledged its demise? Now there's a foreign policy that we, as Americans, can be proud of.

Quick Reply: Kerry - Truth or Fiction?