1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

F-6 to F-1 panel transfer

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 12:36 PM
Gear Up
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
F-6 to F-1 panel transfer

I was to a benefit dinner yeasterday and talked with some of my old neighbors. One has a 48 F-6 that has the chrome grill bars and the type of running boards I believe I need for my panel truck. I know I have seen in the past threads about these parts and the interchangability between the different models. Can you help with this info one more time? I know the cabs are all the same as well as the doors. I think the hoods are the same and hopefully the center sections where the grill is. I know that as the size of truck increases the wide the fender flare and wheel onpening increases too. I need the running boards from one of these larger trucks also; it just has to be determined what size.
Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Gear Up

Old 03-15-2004, 03:44 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
The grills for the F-1 through F-6 are the same. The F-7&8s have the wider grills. As for the running boards, the ones on the F-6 are basically the same as the panel but have to be altered a bit. I have pages on my web site that deal with both of these subjects:

Tech page