Notices

Bed Rug Liner

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 01:54 AM
ibchilln
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bed Rug Liner

I just got my truck and trying to decide on which liner to put in (Drop in plastic, Spray On, or Bed Rug) What's your opinion about this? Does anyone have the Bed Rug Liner? If so, please share your comments. h**p://www.bed-rug.com/

Old 03-11-2004, 03:11 AM
parks911
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Line-X

Old 03-11-2004, 03:11 AM
PW01
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Second that!

Old 03-12-2004, 12:33 AM
wiameaboy
New User
Got a bed rug with snug lid tonneau cover. It looks great. The rug matches the the lid cover and it also covers the inside tail gate.

Old 03-14-2004, 10:53 PM
kogler
Freshman User
I have the Bedrug with a Peragon cover. I have only had the truck for about a month, but so far I have no regrets about the Bedliner. I have hauled some steel die sets, large pieces of Stainless Steel sheet metal, concrete block and lumber. I just sweep or hose it out. Works great

Old 03-14-2004, 11:30 PM
zippy the pinhead
Junior User
I have a bed rug in my '96 Ranger, under a SnugTop shell. I've had it in there since the truck was brand new.

Personally I prefer the bed rug over sprayed-in or other drop-in (plastic) liner schemes. I don't haul a lot of cargo like bricks or dirt or dirty engine parts in the back of my truck; when I do haul stuff, it's usually camping gear, hunting gear (i.e., camping gear plus guns), work-related stuff. Basically my bed rug is in very nearly new condition, except it's kind of dusty. I vacuum it once in a blue moon.

Pros: I like the design of the bed rug: contoured closed cell foam with carpet-like material on top. I've been hunting and gotten caught in the rain, and I slept in the back of my truck instead of setting up a tent in a downpour. Sleeping on top of the bed rug was no problem; with a spray-in liner, it would have been agony. In general I appreciate the carpet-like bed rug whenever I have to haul anything which would be damaged by direct contact with the hard metal bed: guns in soft cases, furniture, fragile stuff, whatever.

Cons: the bed rug cost me $300 back in 1996. It seemed expensive at the time. It attaches in several places with double-sided tape (notably to the tailgate), which wears out over time. The plastic lip at the rear of the bed rug was attached to the bed rug using half-assed plastic connectors, most of which came apart and were lost a long time ago. Any time you have something heavy being slid in and out of the bed-- e.g., a cooler full of ice, a heavy box, etc.-- you have to watch that lip. Careless friends helping me take stuff like a 120 quart marine cooler containing the iced carcass of a 300 lb wild boar (before dressing out) from the bed have played hell with the plastic lip; it's basically held on by one remaining worthless plastic connector. For $300 I thought they could have done a better job connecting it to the bed rug.

Overall, I am glad I put the bed rug in. It makes the bed more like the rear of an SUV than the bed of a truck.

Old 03-20-2004, 04:05 PM
Ranger novice
New User
Just installed my Bedrug! I checked into it alot before buying. The only drawback seems to be if hauling fine material like sand, etc. might be a little tough to spray out. Going to put a shell on it next month. Paid $279 with free shipping from truckaccessorizer site.

Old 03-21-2004, 10:07 PM
Champion
New User
"IBCHILLIN" JUST IN LUCK I WORK A TRUCK SUPPLY SHOP AND WE CARRY "BEDRUGS" THEY ARE GREAT THEY HANDLE THE WEATHER , WEAR AND AND TARE, EASE OF MAINTENANCE. AS ACOUPLE OF THE OTHER MEMBERS SAID THEY DO LOOK GREAT ESPECIALLY WITH A CARPETED LID OR TOPPER. WE ALSO SPRAY IN "ARMOURTHANE" SPRAY IN BED LINERS IF YOU WANT TOUGH AND DURRABLE A SPRAY IN IS THE WAY TO GO AND YOU CAN GET THEM COLORED MATCHED BUT BEWARE ALL BRAND NAMES DO FADE WITH TIME THE BLACK IS COLOR-FAST. ALSO WE CARRY 4 DIFFERENT BRAND DROP IN STYLE LINNERS THEY ARN'T WORTH TROBLE IN THE LONG RUN IF YOU GO THIS ROUTE EXPECT RUST ,WORN PAINT UNDERNEATH IT. IF YOU GET A DROP IN STYLE BO WITH A UNDER THER RAIL STYLE THAT WAY THE TOP OF YOU BED RAILS WILL BE SPARE THE THE DAMAGE. OH! BY THE WAY TO ALL THAT READS THIS IF YOU PLAN ON PURCHASING A USED TRUCK AND IT HAS A DROP IN LINNER IN BE SURE TO LOOK UNDER IT BEFORE YOU BUY ONE. OUR SHOP IS LOCATED 3 MILES FROM A AUTO AUCTION HOUSE AND LIKE CLOCKWORK YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED WHAT USED CAR DEALERS COVERUP WITH DROP-INS. RUST AND SCRATCHES AND DENT CAN BE EXPECTED BUT THE BIGGEST COVER-UPS IS 4 INCH HOLES IN CENTER BED WHERE THERE USED TO GOOSE NECK HITCH OR 8 HOLES WHERE A FITH WHEEL HITCH USED TO BE. "IBCHILLIN" HOPE THIS HELPS.

Old 03-22-2004, 04:10 PM
ibchilln
New User
Thanks everyone for your input. I've ordered my Bed Rug and it should be in sometime this week, hopefully I'll be able to get it installed the same day. I'll let everyone know how I like it.

Old 03-28-2004, 01:32 AM
Lone_Ranger01
Senior User
checkerpro.com sells a carpet liner for about $150

Old 07-22-2015, 09:53 PM
Ranger novice
New User
Its been a long time since I posted this. I now have an 2012 F150 Crew Cab Eco Boost with a BED RUG. Love it .love it . love it!!!!

Old 08-07-2015, 09:29 PM
SD915
New User
i did a spray on liner and the weathertech liner

Old 08-15-2015, 04:54 AM
DaveNTx
Mountain Pass
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger novice
Its been a long time since I posted this. I now have an 2012 F150 Crew Cab Eco Boost with a BED RUG. Love it .love it . love it!!!!
I have a tonneau cover and the Bedrug mat in my 2013 F250 and it's great for our needs. We use the truck for travel trailer towing and go on camping trips a lot.

We store a lot of gear in the back while on these trips and have to get back there and dig through storage containers from time to time. The Bedrug mat makes it easy on the knees and helps to keep things from sliding around.

The only drawback is that dirt will collect under the mat and is difficult to remove completely. Do you remove the mat to clean the truck bed and the mat? If so, how hard is it to get the velcro strips to align correctly when putting the mat back in?