Sponsored by:

Bad Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 09:58 AM
JaySVX
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bad Weekend

Well, it kinda goes like this. A friend and I hadn't seen each other for quite some time, so we decided to hit up a bar for a bit. After a good 5 hours of drinking, I was feeling alright, and she was horribly drunk. She drank way to fast, so I'm not that surprised. Anyway, I'm on my way back to drop her off, and she suddenly climbs into the back, lays down on the back seat, and pukes everywhere. It was about 2am at this point, and I was pissed.

I dropped her at her house, and proceeded to the nearest convenience store. I picked up a bottle of some cleaner and 3 rolls of paper towels. I got the majority of it out, then started spraying the hell out of the carpet. I sprayed it, let it soak, and drug the paper towels over it to get as deep of a clean as I could. I pulled up the plastic bit and the back carpet as well.

As far as I can tell, I got it all, or as much as humanly possible. However I think I missed some behind the rear wall plastic panel. I'm a clean freak, and hate that which is unsanitary. Under normal circumstances you can eat off the carpet in my truck. I spent 2 hours cleaning the carpet as is, fortunately it was only redbull and vodka, nothing else, which made the clean up easier.

How can I remove that rear panel to make sure that everything is clean behind it?

It'd been a while since I'd seen her, and I think it will be quite a while longer before I see her again. Normally I'm a pretty forgiving person, but this was my truck she messed up, and that's just not cool.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:35 AM
icecold
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the plastic panel behind my second row seat just is held on by spring clips if i remember correctly seems some gentle prying and it popped right off
pete

Old 01-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 278 Likes on 141 Posts
I know just how you feel about that....

I met a chick at work about 3 years ago, her and a group of friends wanted to go to a club downtown. I (like a dumb***) offer to drive and we head downtown. She has waaayyyy too much and passes out in the club; needless to say we have to leave. Some of her friends take off with whoever and she decides to climb into the back of the X to pass out. I'm cruising at 65 when I hear her stirring around and then puking alllll over my second row. I drop her off at her friend's house and leave pissed with truck full of barf.

The cool thing about it is that she felt so bad, she paid to get my truck detailed inside and out.

I hope your friend extends the same courtesy to you....

Old 01-12-2009, 02:01 PM
dunerunner25
Senior User
Damn that sounds like a lot of clean up for not enough play... I would have made that stupid Heifer clean up her own mess!!!! or at least put out!!! If you really want to get the smell out use a carpet extractor...LMAO!!!
On the bright side at least the redbull and vodka didnt hit your paint job. My buddy had that happen after leaving the club. His dumb *** left it on the car until morning...when he woke up the damage was done!!! It peeled and clouded his clear coat. He had to repaint. Talk about an expensive night. HA HA!!!

Old 01-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait for the first warm day when you open the car door and that surprise smell hits you like a freight train!

Old 01-12-2009, 02:18 PM
dunerunner25
Senior User
Throwen up some REPS!!!!

Old 01-12-2009, 03:49 PM
whjco
Elder User
I'm with dunerunner. I'd use a carpet extraction cleaning machine.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:09 PM
BigRy
Elder User
Originally Posted by 1
Wait for the first warm day when you open the car door and that surprise smell hits you like a freight train!

lol, So true. But at least it wasnt white russians. Curdled milk for the win. That sux, I mean I hate it when my kids spill anything. I spent about 6 hours on Sunday detailing my whole truck. And now my back is screaming in pain. But the outcome is so well worth the agony.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:04 PM
aortizexcursion
Posting Guru
Well, thats nice. As long as she was good looking its ok.

Sounds like you needed Sham Wow.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:22 PM
nghtrgr
Tuned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by aortizexcursion
Well, thats nice. As long as she was good looking its ok.

Sounds like you needed Sham Wow.
Now thats funny right there, I don't care who you are.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:26 PM
brooklyn born
Senior User
you will need to get to a pet shop and get a decent bottle of enzymatic cleaner for dog accidents (pee and poop) like stated before you need to get that stain out before it gets warm outside or it will always stink!

Old 01-12-2009, 07:29 PM
bmenzel
Senior User
Aortiz:
Now that is funny..lol

Years ago I had a date throw up in my Lincoln Mark V with white leather interior. This was after a dinner and too much drinking. Damn if there weren't pieces of olives and other ***** all over the back seat and on the passenger door from her trying to barf out the front seat passenger side window and not aiming very well. Never did get all the smellout of it.

Yeah when it gets hot out and the Ex is closed up for a while the smell will be a big reminder of the night out!

Old 01-12-2009, 07:35 PM
JaySVX
Fleet Mechanic
I went all over it that night, soon as I could. There was no way I was leaving it! You don't notice the smell now, but it's also high of 25F today... Still I was pretty thorough, she had no food, thank god. Still I'm rather queezy with stuff like that.

She didn't have the chance to offer retribution, I dropped her at her house and haven't heard from her since. That's fine with me. I'm going to pull the back seat, and go all over the carpet again, and pull hte panel and make sure everything is clear of vomit. The worst part is, I hate red bull, and it's so damned potent. Not to mention the vodka on top of it. Ug... just thinking of it makes me miserable.

My buddy at work told me he would have just waited until the following day, but there's no way that was happening. I know what that can bring. I have a thing about keeping a clean truck, and it sickens me that it's not in top shape, let alone why it's not in top shape.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:20 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 278 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by JaySVX
I went all over it that night, soon as I could. There was no way I was leaving it!......My buddy at work told me he would have just waited until the following day, but there's no way that was happening. I know what that can bring. I have a thing about keeping a clean truck, and it sickens me that it's not in top shape, let alone why it's not in top shape.
You're as bad, if not worse, than I am about keeping the truck clean....

If you have access to steam cleaner, now would be the time to bust that out. I've had to use one to clean up a spill the one time I let people eat and drink in my truck. (As a result, no one under any circumstances is allowed to eat or drink in my truck.) As long as you hit it once, twice, three times with the steam cleaner, it'll come out and pick up whatever dirt is trapped in the carpet.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:20 AM
JaySVX
Fleet Mechanic
I own a steam cleaner. It's larger though and won't fit in that area, the thought has crossed my mind. I am thinking of removing hte carpets this weekend and just blasting the hell out of them. That way I can easily get that panel off as well and make sure it's cleaned up.

I'm the same way, no one eats in my truck. Rarely are people in my truck for more than an hour, and if you can't go an hour iwthout eating, find your own ride. Even I don't eat in it, minus the occational hash brown, but they're pretty safe. Beverages always have a lid and/or straw. I just want to ensure that it is in presentable condition at all times, you know? Never know who you'll be picking up next.