General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

I Love To Fish...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 12:50 AM
wlihntr
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy I Love To Fish...

ok here's my problem, my wife and i have fished in the colorado walleye assoc. tournaments for the past few years. we have a great time, to have you spouce as a fishing partner is great,you can tell each other what you really think, and still know you have to sleep whith each other.that being said we now have a son 2 1/2 years old and a daughter 8 moths old. as you can see it is not very easy for my wife and me to fish in 4 or 5 tournaments per summer.we have spent about $40,000 on a boat for this that pretty much just sits now. am i in the wrong, wanting to still fish the tournaments with a buddy of mine, and leaving her home with the kids. i would much rather have her along but that does not seam possilbe right now.

ps. i work from home so i take care of the kids mon-fri

Old 03-09-2004, 01:34 AM
Mike W
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmmn.........I really don't know what to say. The last time I "fished" was in Hawaii. I would scuba dive with a rubber band powered spear gun. I saw some fish that were 6' long. You could never get close to them. I remember some eels that would hide in a hole in the rocks. You did not want to make them mad. Then there was the stone fish. It had a spine that if you stepped on it.......adios. I am amazed that I am still around.

Old 03-09-2004, 03:01 AM
archer1
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would think if your wife has no problem with it then its a go but what are the chances of that being true, with that said i would go and promise her pictures and video along with a nice fish fry for dinner. try and get a sitter for one or two of them. maybe the buddy will sit while you take her out..... naaaaa maybe not.. lol

good luck my man and hookum and cookum.

Old 03-09-2004, 05:17 AM
Fordzlla
Elder User
maybe its time to fish a bit less competitively and include the family in your outings.
I had a fishing boat before the kids were born, but as my family grew, i traded for a bow-rider thats still ok for fishing, but nice for cruising, skiing and tubing too. I have downriggers that attach in place of the ski pylon.

Bring the family along and you'll have a great time, and you won't feel guilty about leaving them for the occasional weekend to enter a tourney

Old 03-09-2004, 07:22 AM
Tuvanhillbilly
Tuned
How about taking turns on the tourneys? You go for two with your buds, she takes next two with hers. Before you know it, the kids will be big enough to take out fishing too. Maybe you can find some family tourneys then?

Old 03-09-2004, 07:30 AM
John Pen
Tuned
No matter who your with, the bottom line is you get to go fishing !!

Disclaimer : But of course, it would be a lot more fun with your wife !

Old 03-09-2004, 07:23 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Doesnt your wife want you to have fun now and then? Just ask her, I'm sure she wont mind, I mean, you said it yourself "you can tell each other what you really think, and still know you have to sleep whith each other" all you gotta do is ask. Can't see why it would be a problem really. Good luck