Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2001, 06:50 AM
New User

attrader is starting off with a positive reputation.
f-250 and slide-in truck campers

just bought a 2001 f-250sc with 8'bed and my 1987 coachman 9 1/2' slide in truck camper wont fit into bed, it seams that ford has made the bed on the new style truck narrower than previose years, the camper fit fine in my 89 f-250 and in my 96 f-250. the width of the camper is 62" and the width of the bed at the tail gate is 61". my dealer says that he was unaware that ford had changed the dimension of the bed. and the folks at ford customer service seem to be unaware that there is a problem (with all the truck campers out there I find this hard to believe). now I have a camper that is unusable and I am upset. has any one else experienced this problem? and if so has ford been any help?
Old 06-06-2001, 10:12 AM
Senior User

harald is starting off with a positive reputation.

My camper is longer, so I haven't had a problem. I've heard of your problem, but can't remember if there's a solution. Try going to the best slide-in camper discussion forum I've found over at www.irv2.com and posting your question there.

----------------------------------------
2000 F350 CC DRW Lariat 4x4 LWB 4R100 V10 4.30ls with Torklift tie-downs/Superhitch and Rancho RS9000 and Ride-Rite air springs.
1998 Alpenlite Pendelton 11'10" Slide-in camper with all options.

2000 F350 4x4 CC DRW V10 4.30ls Lariat LWB.
Firestone Ride-rite airbags, Rancho RS9000 shocks and Torklift Superhitch.
1998 Alpenlite Pendelton 11'10" camper held on by Torklift tie downs
Old 06-11-2001, 12:31 AM
Senior User

red99sdv10 is starting off with a positive reputation.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 11-Jun-01 AT 01:32 AM (EST)[/font][p]I had the same trouble
I have to put a 4x4 under the camper to get the hieght for the cab over
I also had trouble with the width
I ended up cutting the step out off of the pass side of my camper , now it fits real well
my camper is only 8" though
with the longer one this may not be an option
ford also new there was a problem if you look in the salse flyer it states that some camper models may not fit

Old 06-11-2001, 12:35 AM
Senior User

red99sdv10 is starting off with a positive reputation.

Old 06-11-2001, 12:35 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
11, 2000, alpenlite, pendleton, slide