Shuddering...Very slight but definitely there

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 12:06 AM
CaptainBuffalo
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shuddering...Very slight but definitely there

Yo Fellow Bronco Dudes,
I have a question for ya. My Bronc is shuddering. I just felt it last night. It is very slight. First I felt it in the peddle(unless I am just going crazy). It peaked my interest so I parked it and restarted her to just let her run. I could feel it a little as I was sitting there. It wasn't much of a movement but it was still there. I popped the hood and listened to the engine for a while. It didn't sound really bad but it was just not running smooth. I do need to replace the serpentine belt. It has been sqeaking. Could that be it? Anyway just to give you a further head's up. I recently had to have the idle control valve reset because the engine wouldn't stay started. Not sure what is going on. Hope to hear back from ya'll. I'd like to have some idea of what is going on before I take it over to the dealer.

Old 04-10-2004, 03:38 AM
muxpux
Junior User
a couple quick questions...not trying to hijack your thread....

my bronc has got the shimmys a few times....twice while in traffic at about 35 mph......i just pull off, slow down, and everything is fine. when i take it out of 4 wheel drive it shakes for a while (normal?) and when i hit a rut/bump in the road a lil to hard it shakes bad.....

not sure if these are the same symptoms, but yeah, id like to know if its fixeable......and please tell me its cheap if it is.....

Old 04-10-2004, 08:54 AM
Swit
Junior User
Cap,
If your serpentine needs replacement, I'd go ahead and do it were it me. Stash the old one in the possibles bag for future use. I doubt that you'll notice any change other than the end of that annoying little 'squick, squick'. That said, if the belt doesn't cure that squeak... could be any of the pulley driven goodies or the idler talking to you.
As far as the shuddering engine... What engine / year is your Bronco, do you have any other symptoms?? Using any oil, coolant? Does it run hot?
If you notice the rough run with the hood up at idle, I'm guessing (really, really guessing) that you have either bad ignition to a single cylinder (bad plug or wire), a timing issue, or maybe a fuel injection (do you have that?) problem... but I'm guessing.

Mux,
Sounds like you have a suspension or mount problem. Probably ought to be in a seperate thread. Crawl under yours and start looking.. transfer case, transmission, u-joints, shocks, etc....

Swit

Old 04-10-2004, 11:49 AM
CaptainBuffalo
New User
Swit,
I have a 96 5.0 I haven't noticed any other things. Like I said about a month ago I had to have the idle control valve reset but besides that, nada. It isn't running hot or sucking down any extra oil. I am gonna go start up again and see if it is still doing it. Talk to ya later mate.