1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Trip to Summit Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 02:58 PM
tlb
Elder User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trip to Summit Racing

Just got back from Summit Racing. What an awsome place to drool over. You can spend your entire life fortune in a couple of minutes. Good thing i had my wife with me or she would have to get a job to pay for all the toys i wanted to buy.

I did buy a Lokar shifter for the truck. Should look pretty good. At least i will have park and neutral lock-out plus neutral safety switch. Shifter looks awsome but directions could be clearer especially hooking up neutral safety switch. I will keep posting about progress.

Old 03-07-2004, 10:37 PM
hot1958
Senior User
trip to summit racing

dude,your not suppose to take your wife to buy truck part's,just kidding.summit does have some cool stuff,i have bought alot from them for my truck.never been there,would like to check it out some time.my wife won't go with me,she say's i'm obsessed and don't know when to leave.have fun putting in your new shifter/scott.

Old 03-08-2004, 04:40 AM
tlb
Elder User

my wife thinks i am crazy for spending so much time and money on my truck It does get a little obsessive at times. summit does have a truck show in sept. that would be a good time to make trip.

Old 03-08-2004, 01:48 PM
mr4speedford
Posting Guru
yeah, make truckfest! 10% off everything in the store and a sweet show to boot! I entered mine last year. I know what you mean when you walk in and cash register starts ringing in your ears! cha ching! -4speed

Old 03-08-2004, 04:03 PM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Hey Terry, did you get the floor mount I presume? The neutral safety switch screws in at the base on the passenger side. The plate it screws in to is ajustable so that you can move the switch back and forth for the proper location for park and neutral. You guys had me there for a minute until I remembered there is a Summit in Ohio. I thought you guys were at the one in Reno NV !! Good luck, John

Old 03-08-2004, 05:01 PM
tlb
Elder User

How's it going jag red 54?

Yes i did get the shifter. The price was the same buying it at summit as it would be buying online. I don't think you can buy direct from Lokar. Nice looking piece of equipment but instructions aren't very good. I did sit down this afternoon and read thru the instructs. and loosely fit all the pieces together. Should not be to bad a job. I did e-mail lokar's tech support with a couple of questions and requests but have not heard back from them. I am going to install this weekend. I will let you know how it goes.

Old 03-08-2004, 05:47 PM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Exclamation

Hey Terry, there are a lot of people out there that may benefit from your project. How about taking some pictures and making a little mini article? Lokar is very popular, but like Rod Doors, their directions are not the easiest to understand. What do you think? Did you get the medium size or the big honkin' model like Kai? Somebody once accused him of having a lifting hook for a shifter! LOL, John

Old 03-08-2004, 06:00 PM
tlb
Elder User

Hi john,

I did get the 23" lg. rod. Sounds like a good idea to write a mini article. I can try to keep step by step instructions so I can help out any body else. I don't own a digital camera. trying to talk one of my kids into spending money on one so i don't have to divert truck money for a camera. I will borrow one if i can.

Old 03-09-2004, 03:59 PM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Thumbs up

Alright, sounds like a plan! Let me know if I can help. John